• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Birthplace

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
  • Where is your original birthplace? How far away from your birthplace do you live now?

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • My original birthplace is Burnley, Lancashire, England. Right now I'm roughly a 26 hour flight away from my hometown, living in Wamberal, NSW, Australia. So I've practically moved to the other side of the Earth.

And I love it. England is a great place sure, but compared (weather and scenery wise at least) to Australia it doesn't hold a candle. I'm sure that even community wise it's a lot better, too. Then again, I have no kids that I have to worry about bringing up, and I'm almost 20, so I'm not sure I should be concerned about the safest place in that sense.

Being able to step out of my house into the sunlight most of the time is very, very nice. However I won't lie, I miss the rain and my family. Also, even though I know you have to take exchange rate into consideration, but I was on the Game.co.uk website and PS4's/XBOne's just look so much cheaper. QQ

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri. I was born on a military base and I'm roughly 6 1/2 hours away from where I was born. I live in DeKalb, Illinois now.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My original birthplace is Burnley, Lancashire, England. Right now I'm roughly a 26 hour flight away from my hometown, living in Wamberal, NSW, Australia. So I've practically moved to the other side of the Earth.

And I love it. England is a great place sure, but compared (weather and scenery wise at least) to Australia it doesn't hold a candle. I'm sure that even community wise it's a lot better, too. Then again, I have no kids that I have to worry about bringing up, and I'm almost 20, so I'm not sure I should be concerned about the safest place in that sense.

Being able to step out of my house into the sunlight most of the time is very, very nice. However I won't lie, I miss the rain and my family. Also, even though I know you have to take exchange rate into consideration, but I was on the Game.co.uk website and PS4's/XBOne's just look so much cheaper. QQ

Was moving to Australia something you decided to do on your own, or was it something parents kind of forced you to do before you were old enough to make your own decisions on the matter?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The only days I spent in the town I was born in were the days I spent in the hospital there after being born. Lived the 11 or so years of my life in another town, then we moved to where we currently live.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I was born in Queens, NY and I currently live about a 30 minute drive away in New Rochelle, NY.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Was moving to Australia something you decided to do on your own, or was it something parents kind of forced you to do before you were old enough to make your own decisions on the matter?

I absolutely hated the thought of it, when I was a child. We moved when I was 12, way before I could make my own choices. Hated it for a year or two when we got here, too. It wasn't until a year or two ago that I was happy here, up until then I was pretty miserable.

It did a number on my education, as when I moved here I was just starting high school in the UK, yet here they tried to get me to repeat from Year 5, which was not happening. I ended up in Year 6, and was young for my year. This, coupled with my at-the-time heavy Northern English accent, made me spend the first two years completely ignoring school work and focusing on making friends/assimilating. This continued up until year 9, and every year after that was just doomed from the word go.

Ended up finishing high school, but my qualification wasn't good enough to do my desired university course, so right now I'm doing casual/parttime/fulltime work until next year when I get go do a test to get me into uni. Well, that's the plan anyway.

Years
  • I spent my early life in Redfern, one of the Sydney area's most iconic Indigenous Australian communities. I currently now live just a couple of minutes away from there which has been the case for me since 1998, so around 16 years I have been residing at my current address.

Years
  • I was born in Sochi, Russia, and live in NYC now. If memory serves it takes about 10-12 hours to get there by plane so I'm quite far away from most of my family. :( The only family I have here in the US are my parents, brother, and grandfather while everyone else is in either Russia or Greece.

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
    Years
  • I was born in a suburb of Chicago and then I eventually moved to Indiana.
    Only about an hour or so away from where I was born. :) My family still lives up there, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I was born about 20 miles from where I live. It's actually been really depressing me lately that I haven't had the chance to live anywhere else/travel very much.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Let me sing to you the song of my people

I live about 45 minutes south of St. Louis now. So not too far away. (Edit: Never lived in St. Louis, just was born there, guess it doesn't matter since I'm within an hours drive of the city.)

Years
  • Chester County, Pennsylvania.

Where I have always lived, that is until I moved into my dorm at college, which isn't far from my home at all.

Back