• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Taking five classes. Three in person and two online. Two of them meet Mondays/Wednesdays and the other meets Tuesdays. Pretty good schedule if you ask me, despite having to go across town for two of them.

Dang, very nice. When I go to college next year I'm going to try to get Fridays off. A 4 day school week would be great, a 3 day school week would be even 10x better!!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Dang, very nice. When I go to college next year I'm going to try to get Fridays off. A 4 day school week would be great, a 3 day school week would be even 10x better!!
    Yeah, don't count on it. If you can motivate yourself through online classes, then go for it. If you're like me though, you just don't care unless you actually sit down in the class. I could never do an online class.

I'm taking four classes right now. I get to go home early on Wednesdays, so that's good. What's not so good is that I have a 7:30 class. The worst part? My next class isn't for another two hours. It gets even worse on Fridays where I have a three hour break. It's not all bad though. On the bright side, I have yet to do any of my math homework at home! :D

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Ugh yeah, those kind of days suck. I remember last semester, I would have high school until 3, then go to work at 4 until 10. At least the pay check is worth it in the end. I'm glad I'm only working weekends this semester so that I'll have more free time for my self and for friends.

I HAD a weekend schedule, but today one of the weekday front-end leads just quit and now I have to start covering part of her shifts from now on. I was looking forward to Friday, but now I have to go to work 2-3 weekdays a week ALONG with my scheduled weekend schedule. However, I don't work Saturday and I might work Super Bowl Sunday which I don't have a problem at all. I'm getting as much hours as I need for a decent check. You're right though...it is worth it.

it's like "woah okay work like slow down"

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yeah, I don't think that I could ever do an online class for college...well maybe if I live on campus. Idk next year I'll try to get most of my classes knocked out the first three days but there may be some stragglers later on. I can't do anything right now though because I still don't know how classes in college work 100%. :p

Also, I'm not sure if I'll be working next year either.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My college used to offer online classes, but then, not anymore. I would have taken a few and change my job status to full time. That would make things a little easier. xD

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I prefer having an actual physical presence to my classes. It feels... better that way for some reason.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I would prefer to do online classes because I could save time plus I sit at home most the time on the computer anyways. It would also allow me to browser pc at anytime during classes xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I prefer having an actual physical presence to my classes. It feels... better that way for some reason.

This is exactly how I feel, which is why I've never taken any online classes. d:

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I have to be present in the class to care. My internet stinks, so it's not like I even could take an online class, but even if I could, I wouldn't. One class I definitely couldn't take online would be band. I can't even imagine how that would go. XD

Years
    I'm kinda falling back on my online-only math class' homework already :/ but that's just my procrastinator side trying to break through.. and I do my psychology homework on due date..since that's usually due on the same day as my off day from school.

Years
    What I'm worried about always is that I might be unaware of some assignment and forget about it until the day after it's due when someone mentions it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I always wait until the last minute to start working on my assignments. I don't why, but… it's just a really bad habit of mine. Regardless of how hard I try, I just can't change it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I always wait until the last minute to start working on my assignments. I don't why, but… it's just a really bad habit of mine. Regardless of how hard I try, I just can't change it.

Same here. The other day we had a test on this book in AP English and I didn't even know the name of the book! D:<

Also I don't think I could take online classes in college because I would forget about them. xp

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    You know how well I manage my procrastination? I turned in my 10-page paper for my senior thesis three weeks early.

I'm afraid that's the only time I've been able to overcome it though. Other than that, I always wait. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    ^you sir, are everyone's hero.

I tend to do my work as soon as it is assigned but managing my crazy work schedule, life, and other classes...that's not working out. xD Although I am almost done with my Writing assignment that's due tomorrow so that's good.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    ^you sir, are everyone's hero.

I tend to do my work as soon as it is assigned but managing my crazy work schedule, life, and other classes...that's not working out. xD Although I am almost done with my Writing assignment that's due tomorrow so that's good.
    Due tomorrow, don't you mean do tomorrow?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have homework if I want to. Meaning I don't have homework, I just have stuff I should and could study, and also some non-school stuff that I could do if I wanted to be a good girl. 8)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back