• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • That signature of Zach's is part of a staff collab featuring Pokemon from X & Y, all done by the cute TwilightBlade! I'm even getting in X & Y fever right now as well.

I think the signatures bring no individuality among the moderators, unfortunately. I'm not critiquing its design, but they all have similar formats and look the same except for the Pokemon and the name. Again that's just me, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I think the signatures bring no individuality among the moderators, unfortunately. I'm not critiquing its design, but they all have similar formats and look the same except for the Pokemon and the name. Again that's just me, though.
    That would actually be the point of a collab. Similar theme and style. Different subject (in this case Pokemon). If we all did our own thing it would be less like a collab and more like we all felt like having 6th Generation pokemon as our themes.

Years
  • That would actually be the point of a collab. Similar theme and style. Different subject (in this case Pokemon). If we all did our own thing it would be less like a collab and more like we all felt like having 6th Generation pokemon as our themes.

I don't know, maybe there could be a font change at the very least? I would've liked just some little subtle changes that makes each signature look more unique without ruining the idea of collaboration. But then again, it's my opinion and you don't have to take it with too much weight.

Last edited:
    Years
  • That would actually be the point of a collab. Similar theme and style. Different subject (in this case Pokemon). If we all did our own thing it would be less like a collab and more like we all felt like having 6th Generation pokemon as our themes.

Basically Peaches hit the nail there on the description of theme collabs here at PC. The supporters (aka green ones specifically) had one a while back showcasing green-colored Pokemon, and Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers made the CSS code which everyone edited to feature their showcased Pokemon. A collab is basically a group of members showing off similar themes and styles, staff have them from time to time but sometimes even non-staff like to do them as well!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Supporters should do another collab soon, imo. :3 Our last one was pretty fun :D

I was literally just gonna post that, haha. Great minds think alike I guess. But yes, I agree that we need a new supporter collab. I'd be more than willing to do the CSS and possibly graphics. You wanna go ahead and post da thready, so we can see who'd join in?

Years
  • This is my 4th collaboration overall here on PC and the third one I've been with this year.. however, both the JLA collab that was around back in the summer and the PR collab the staff had both kinda fell apart rather fast.. this time for sure though the X and Y collab will hopefully be more consistent :p

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Sure, I'll make the thread right now since I got some time. Over there we can toss around some ideas on who we want to be, and who should participate. :D

You know what I also had in mind? A Supporter Random Battle Tournament. I recall seeing an event like this here a looong time ago but I didn't pay attention, and I want to host one this time. It's fun to participate even if you have zero experience in battling, but I think this is something I need to speak with a higher staff member before I get the green light. I also want to know what everyone here thinks! ok maybe i should make a thread about this too but you know... laziness haha

edit: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7848890#post7848890 gogogogo lovelies <33

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sure, I'll make the thread right now since I got some time. Over there we can toss around some ideas on who we want to be, and who should participate. :D

You know what I also had in mind? A Supporter Random Battle Tournament. I recall seeing an event like this here a looong time ago but I didn't pay attention, and I want to host one this time. It's fun to participate even if you have zero experience in battling, but I think this is something I need to speak with a higher staff member before I get the green light. I also want to know what everyone here thinks! ok maybe i should make a thread about this too but you know... laziness haha

edit: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7848890#post7848890 gogogogo lovelies <33

I was a participant in the last Supporter Randbats Tournament but I sadly lost in the second round so I exited much earlier than I thought, but yeah I'm all for another one of these being done on the Showdown server! And I'm hoping I can make it further in the tournament next time.

Years
  • I would love to partake in a RandBatt tourney <3 and best of luck on your supporter collab as well, which I will probably miss out on because of the ongoing staff collab

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Glad to see people taking an interest! I don't want to work on this until I am out of my "slight hiatus this week" but I will have it organized! <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back