• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Complexion

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    What's your skin tone like? What colour are you? Do you like your skin?
    Do you have any acne problems or the like? How do you deal with them?
    Do you have any skincare routines? If so, what are they? Do share and spread your wisdom to the rest of the forum
    Complexion

There's not much I can share on the topic of skincare unfortunately, as everything I have is from God and her infinite wisdom. My skin is a lovely eggshell white with permanently rosy cheeks (NOT ROSACEA!) that is faultlessly even and requires very little effort in terms of maintenance. Just a little wash with cold water, a weekly half hour spread in the unforgiving New Zealand sun which is set aside from my usual activities, an occasional dab of something from my mother's cupboard and I'm set. Haven't seen a pimple since October at the latest!
    I didn't mean to start this topic off with a self-glorifying thank you to God, but I suppose I can't help myself!
    Glory to the risen Queen!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm white, and with my hair and eyes the perfect arian, haha. The skin on my arms look weird. Not that anyone has ever said that, but I have all this small redish spots that aren't freckles. I like the rest of my skin though, as it is quite smooth and I'm acne free. I don't prefer a skin colour perse, but when it comes to white girls I usually prefer them a bit pale, and not tanned.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I don't like my skin. Not really outright hate though. It's more of a minor dislike. That is partially due to its color. It's kind of a darker tan than just white, and I prefer lighter skin colors aesthetically-wise. The skin reminds me that I come from a culture that I'm not really interested in exploring. But enough about that.

Sometimes I get some bits of acne. Particularly around my chin and forehead. I don't make it any better because I have this tendency to pick at it. I know, really should stop. But you just can't help it when you touch this annoying bump and you just want to rip it off. Also, my skin isn't really ever soft. Particularly around the arms. They have constant goosebumps when they are exposed. A few other areas are kind of bumpy as well. Luckily you don't see much of it appearance-wise. Just the feeling of my skin is mostly unpleasant.

The only part I can say that isn't is my hands. They're typically pretty soft. That's because I use them a lot, and wash them loads.

What I do for skin care is just dump some washing goop on my face when I bathe. After the bath, I'll also cover myself in head to toe with cocoa butter. Though I do that less for the effect on my skin and more so for smelling good. But I think it has made my skin a bit softer, at least.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'm a pale white, unable to get any color on my skin. I become very sunburned if I spend a lot of time out in the sun, and it never stays as a tan.

My complexion is pretty bad. Part of that is because I just don't take care of my skin. Another part of it is because of genetics or skin conditions. I have Keratosis Pilaris, which means that my skin is covered in red itchy bumps caused by my body creating too much keratin. It's a pain to deal with, and I'm always itchy. The only way to combat it is by specialty lotions.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'm white like a ghost. What is sun? Where is Florida? My skin becomes dry and irritated so easily. I try to cover the redness/paleness and evern the skn tone cough add a skin tone cough by applying a light beige powdery foundation.

I have the occasional 2 to 3 zits on my face at a given time. I try to follow a skincare routine despite the laziness plus.

Tip #1 Buy products at Walmart rather than any grocery store or drug store. Omg the price mark ups can be ridiculous.
    Tip #2 Wash your face when you wake up. Especially if you're a girl that wears makeup during the day, do also wash your face before bed. I use Olay foaming face wash because it is a gentle cleanser that softens the face. https://www.drugstore.com/olay-foaming-face-wash-normal/qxp343427
    Tip #3 Use an acne-reducing product that works for you and keep trying other products until you find the one. I currently use St. Ives Apricot scrub. Wet your face and massage a dab of this product on your face to gently scrub away any dead skin cells. I use it every other day. https://www.walmart.com/ip/St-Ives-Swiss-Formula-Invigorating-Apricot-Scrub-6-Oz/1115668
    I have tried Stridex acne wipe Stridex pads and Neutrogena washes, but they dry out my face immensely.
    Tip #4 Consider Epiduo. The doctor easily gave me a prescription and coupons exist online. It is a cream that you apply (just a dab) directly on the pimple before going to bed. It dries out the area, but the pimple is gone within 2 days. I consider it quite strong and it is my last resort for ugly ones that simply won't clear up.
    My twin brother meanwhile used Proactiv for years and he still has bad acne.

Years
  • Paaaale pale pale. I need to go outside more often, I really do. I have the problem of getting red (and usually also a little itchy because of that), especially on my arms, if I'm out in the sun for too long though - probably because I'm so pale. I swear I can feel the sunlight burning every pore sometimes, although that's mostly on certain summer days.

No acne in sight at least. I get the occasional pimple but that's it really. About all I do is just wash my face every day, or every other day at least. Nothing too special. Soap, washcloth...yeah.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'm not quite ginger white yet, but I'm getting close. I like my skin well enough to not go out and buy bottles of lotion every month and tan all the time. I don't really get acne which is surprising considering how oily my face gets, about the worst thing I have to deal with is ingrown hairs which I take care of swiftly by pulling at them for a couple of hours while I watch tv or something and then finally getting up to find some tweezers when it gets irritated enough.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I used to be really pale, but my skin is getting progressively darker. I don't bother tanning because I just peel like a tomato but you should see my neck. After getting sunburned repeatedly, it's finally gone dark. I have pimples all over my face but they're extremely small and unnoticeable from speaking distance (sweat pimples mostly). I make every attempt to get rid of them - I have an extensive routine that I follow.

Years
  • I'm pale... it's kind of a given when you're from Scotland and your mum is a redhead.

My Skin is horrendous at the moment and has been the bane of my existence since November!

I just didn't realise for the longest time that I was drying out my skin with the products I was using... and they were exacerbating the original problem. A breakout of spots on my forehead. I stopped using the products eventually however and now I stick to a simple day and night moisturiser from the Body Shop (The Aloe vera range) and their oil cleanser, on the days that I wear make-up.

Before that however, I was using a face wash, toner, essence and lotion made with tea-tree essence. I'm definitely enjoying the fact that my new skincare routine takes less time, and seems to be clearing up my spots.

After that I just have to deal with all the blackheads. Sometimes I think it would be better if we didn't have all these fancy products for our skin. I feel as though they cause more problems than they fix.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • Simple and brown skin. Not really fair, but not exactly dark.
    I do have acne here and there but its not MUCH like some people.. I haven't really thought for a remedy yet because well I think it'll go in a few years.
    I also have the Oily T zone and that shit is fkin annoying I swear.

:P

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Bit yellow undertone, not very pale. I tan REALLY quickly but it also wears off quickly so it also depends on the season haha. I've never had any skin problems, my face is always clear of pimples or w/e, never had any acne or anything so. I'm really happy with my skin overall, can't see my pores and I only wash with cold water and put on moisturiser after showering!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Slightly tan, soft and smooth skin. Pimple when stressed, none when not.

Y'know, I remember there being a thread asking about people's nationalities just to make sure PC wasn't filled with "pasty white kids" and after reading these posts, I understand why that old thread was made.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have fair skin and tan and sunburn easily. I try to avoid that though to minimise any future wrinkles. I got sunburnt these holidays though by forgetting to reapply sunscreen...

I have dry skin and have been dealing with cystic acne for the last 16 years. As a result my upper back is covered with scars. For most of my life it has only affected my back but in the last 24 months or so they started appearing on my neck and now on my face. I'm considering going back to my dermatologist to see if there is anything I can do but likely there isn't. I've already been on two courses of roaccutane and wasn't cured. Two courses is the maximum they allow you to do as well. All other treatments can't cure the problem and can just help reduce redness or whatever, so I'm not too optimistic. I'll probably die an old woman still dealing with acne unless hormonal changes during pregnancy or menopause fix it for me.

I have a regular skin routine. I exfoliate and moisturise daily. I use a hose hip oil followed by a LUSH facial mousturiser (Skin Drink or Celestial). I always wash off makeup in the evening with a face wash and moisturise following that.

I'm pale white and acne free, I'm living proof that if you just wait acne out long enough it will go away on its own

Unless you're me. I'm almost 28 and my acne has been going strong for the past 16 years.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • Oh boy. Skin. I've struggled with my skin for ages, this'll be fun.

For starters, I have really dry skin, so I've formed something of an obsession with lotion. I can get really bad eczema on my hands if I don't keep them moisturized, so I try putting lotion on after I wash my hands, most of the time. And then pretty much everywhere besides my face and hands I've got little spots, which I used to hate endlessly and never felt comfortable even wearing short sleeves, but I've since gotten over that and it doesn't bother me. (I've recently figured out it's called keratosis pilaris; for those unfamiliar, they're harmless little bumps. I remember a kid in first grade commenting on it and thinking I had goosebumps, so I guess it looks like goosebumps.)

My face isn't bad, I get occasional pimples but I've never had an issue with acne which I feel very fortunate about. The only problems I have here is that my skin is really pink and really dry, but makeup and lotion does wonders. I generally wash my face once during my morning shower and then again at the end of the day and then put on a very liberal amount of lotion. That's all my skin care routine really consists of.

I also don't really tan, I kinda just burn in the sun. That's fun.

Years
  • Acne is not caused by bacteria, so please listen to my advice and don't go for anti biotics! They cause me to have folliculitis, weaken immune system, and prolonged skin issues accordingly since bacteria, good and bad is vanquished indiscriminately. The fact doctors prescribe it is negligible.

Rather, oil production and/or slow skin turnover are the two aspects to examine. Those may very well then allow bacteria to accumulate in the pore and thus a inflammatory responses as the body attempts fight them.

For me,

Options:

AHA Lotion/Moisturizers: They work to exfoliate dead skin, which then can expedite cell turnover and decrease the likeliness that oil is blocked in the pores. I only have a zit or two at a time these days, and no cyst!!! (Those are the worst!!!!)

I did have a deep nasal cyst, which I look out in a record 4-5 days with a Glycolic Gel Peel. Usually those would last several weeks and leave a nasty scar. The gel peels are nice since they are not like other chemical peels that you have to wait to scab and shed, rather you can just apply them to the entire face for a minute or two a few times a month, and then spot treat. This in combination with the AHA really helps unblock the pores and then allows you to have some moisture to the face.

Might I add, I don't have an issue with oil production, and moreso, I have a cell turnover issue, with drier skin. I used to have oily skin, but I believe that after teen acne and antibiotic overload, I now have to deal with skin slow cell turnover.

If you have hormonal acne, that is oily, which is usually among teens, either wait it out like Andy did or use skin products to address skin turnover to at least get the oil untrapped. Though, remember, skin turnover can be around a month, so whichever treatment you pursue, you may have to wait that long in order to see results.

And I discourage proactiv as a one of many people who I know that have wasted tons of money on a false celebrity campaign, many of which have been banned on tv in the UK accordingly.

Accutane is another option to address skin cell turnover. I have used it, and it seems to have increased cell turnover, but I have to keep up with my acids to address the occasional tiny blemish.

Further, accutane and the acids mentioned can help concurrently with scarring. I used the AHA lotion for my body as well in addition to strong grade TCA peeling to address hyperpigentation marks. Through two treatments, at a cost of 25-ish dollars, I have reduced scarring by 50%, which I would have had to pay thousands to do at the dermatologist.

You can order high percentage TCA, Lactic Acid, and Glycolic Acid Peeling materials on Amazon. But, be careful, ask a friend or parent to assist you. If you are not an adult, you MUST have an adult with you!

However, I am sure some dermatologists have reasonable pricing, or maybe you or your family is able to afford fraxel laser treatments or in-office acid peeling for scars.

My face right now has two poresized scabs...tiny, with one or two shallow scars. Whereas prior to treating my skin with acids, I had many moderate sized scars.

Don't pick! Never pick! I encourage spot treatments with acid instead, which essentially does perform non-abrasive exfoliation.

For those that acne went away without any treatment, I assume the cause of acne was hormonally driven oil production, which causes acne even if cell turn over is normally regulated. (though increasing this process will help temporarily.) After hormones stabilize, oil production goes down, and cell turn over if normal should equal a great complexion.

I really really really hate acne, and still am working on scarring now that I have it under control. I hope that my advice helps. But again, I have drier skin, so maybe see someone else's story if you have a more oily skin type. I hate how acne is treated like as a frivolous measure of vanity; skin appearance is socially damning and the pain of large, sometimes marble sized, yes , marble sized cysts have cause me to be withdrawn for days, or weeks. Anyone suffering, my heart goes out to you, thus my insanely long post!

At least my skin is very good in sunlight/tanning. Being a quarter native american helps.

Last thing:

I for one cannot handle the following things.

Oil washes (Jojoba, Tea Tree Oil, Argon Oil, ect.)
    Salysilic Acid!!! (The worst for me...and I can't spell it either!)
    Proactiv (Pure Garbage)
    Moisturizers that don't have high acid content
    Antibiotics (They helped a bit, but over time the bad bacteria have become immune, but good bacteria would still get slaughtered :/)

I wish I had before pictures from 3 years ago to post, but this is a good idea of a typical day in the mirror back then:
    Complexion

Me now:

Last edited:

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • My skin is pale and cold-toned, so wearing bright colors will make me look sickly. ;∀;

I sunburn super easily, so I have to use sunless tanner if I plan to have color. Praise be for daily lotion that doesn't turn me into a carrot!

I don't have a problem with acne, aside from the occasional breakout from stress or weather changes.

I do get dry patches sometimes during the winter, but it's easy to manage.

All in all, I am fair and soft.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I have naturally white skin, but I also have a bit of a tan from doing things besides the computer for the past three years. What I want to do is shed both the tan and all of my acne, and exhibit the beauty in truly pale white skin along with a hair dye to match and blend with my birth mark. I think that'll be beautiful, and after all I love being a beautiful boy, so...

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I'm a light/medium brown (about like when you put cream in your coffee), with a red/yellow undertone. I have been described as the "perfect" skin tone for black people (Whatever that means. There is no perfect. Everyone is beautiful). I don't really have any skin problems, but like most people in late middle/highschool I did have acne. I always get complements on how smooth and soft my skin is so yeah I like my skin. I just really gotta put a lot of lotion on, especially my hands since I wash them so much.

Back