• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Concerts

Years
  • If you're like me, concerts are something you've been sorely missing thanks to COVID-19, so this thread may be a desperate attempt to try and at live the experience vicariously through others' tales will hopefully help relive some of that magic by us talking about them!

Any particular favourites? Any you've been wanting to go and never been able to? How many have you been to????

Favourite for me has to be the twenty one pilots show in Bologna, Italy. The whole experience was fantastic and with it being the guys' first show in the city, you could really tell. The atmosphere was electric.

Been to a fair few, I think we'd be talking 200+ now, and yet despite this I've never managed to catch two bands I've wanted to see since I was young: Paramore and New Found Glory!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've only ever gone to warped tour back when that was a thing. I went to it for three years back in high school and thoroughly enjoyed myself. The last time I went was when Attila was just starting to get big and they were playing at one of the bigger stages for the venue. I skipped out on a couple of other bands I was interested in listening to so I could get to their set early enough for a good spot and I wound up like... three heads from the stage and off to the side right next to the subs. My entire body was vibrating for like 15 straight minutes lol.

I don't know how I feel about going to most concerts, to be honest. A lot of like... "normal" artists I listen to I guess I just don't really see the excitement in seeing live. I really want to see Rezz live at some point, Excision, Porter Robinson, and then a whole slew of metal bands I can't think of right now with Amon Amarth being one that I've been considering for a long time.

Years
  • I have been to a couple of concerts. I've been to The Birthday Massacre concert 4 times, Within Temptation, and Nightwish concert. These 3 bands along with Evanescence are my favorite bands.

Years
  • I've been to many concerts ranging from Eminem to Peabo Bryson 😅

I miss them so much. I'm not so great around large groups of people, but once I'm in my seat I just get lost in the music and start to forget about it. I can't wait until the world gets back to normal and I can go again.

I'm not sure I could name my single favourite concert to be totally honest, but the ones that always stick out are the ones with interaction. I've been front row for some incredibly singers, where they have literally sung to me, and I've met so many awesome people, and have some really weird and incredible stories to remember them by.

Years
  • i'm not an avid concert goer since (a) i don't pay too much attention to events around my area and (b) i don't have much friends who like going out to them anyway (there are some, but they have their own friend circle for that kind of stuff and it just isn't all that comfortable for me, the thought of going with one friend and a bunch of strangers).

the one's i've attended were ones i couldn't really avoid lol. for starters, there were those organized by my college. each year we have this thing called the "Cookout" where we invite a bunch of local bands to play for us while we students perform a bunch of stuff related to a political theme. it's hard to explain without coming up with an essay-load of info, but the general gist is that it's heckin' fun. it's 6pm to 6am though, and is fucking taxing to the body (esp to a college soul who barely gets any sleep anyway) to go through with all the way. so for 3 years i've always gone home early like 12 midnight or sol. senior year was the only one where i endured it all the way (partly because i had a set at flippin' 4 in the morning lmao).

aside from that, i was also able to attend concerts here and there when i was interning for a local studio label around 2017. again it was all local acts, mostly talented unknowns with budding careers, and a big part of my job was helping people who were organizing events for them. i got to enjoy lots of stuff from quiet coffee shop gigs, to full scale 3 hour long arena concerts. all backstage though, but it was fun nonetheless! i sort of regret not keeping in touch with them, but eh my interest for the music industry in and of itself heavily fluctuates, so i wouldn't be a consistent presence anyway (which is something they value a lot). therefore i don't bother.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I was gonna see Boston Manor w/ Trophy Eyes before lockdown and missing that one hurt... can't wait for live music to start up again

Fav concert would probably have to be the wonder years they did two sets and it was a small venue and amazing thanks for listening x

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • In addition to many classical/orchestra concerts, I saw both Streetlight Manifesto and Chicago in 2011. In fact, I believe it was yesterday or the day before that was the ten year mark of me seeing Streetlight Manifesto. What in the world. Time flies by too fast!

My ears are sensitive so I knew I needed to stop after those two. Glad those were the two bands I got to see.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • My favorite concert was The Rolling Stones a few years ago. I may be young, but my parents raised me on classic rock music, so I thoroughly enjoyed getting to rock out to their music. It is so rare to see older bands still perform these days. Ahhh but every big hit song started with a whiff of pot in the air... good old Florida.

I've also seen one of my favorite bands, Young the Giant, several times in concert. They always do an awesome job at mesmerizing me...

That's pretty much all the concerts I've been to. I really wanted to see more now that I have the time and money, but Covid. I'd like to see Twenty One Pilots and Paramore.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    The only band I've seen live was Coldplay when I was 14. Hearing my favourite song Clocks live in-person was a very emotional moment. My mum loves Coldplay so I went with her. I love the atmosphere of concerts and would be happy to go again! If I could I would love to see Sufjan Stevens, Of Monsters and Men, Snow Patrol, Two Door Cinema Club, Foo Fighters or Carly Rae Jepsen and Rina Sawayama live next. I would especially be happy to see Sufjan or Snow Patrol with my mum as she was the one to introduce me to both and she loves them too. :)

Years
  • My favorite concert was The Rolling Stones a few years ago. I may be young, but my parents raised me on classic rock music, so I thoroughly enjoyed getting to rock out to their music. It is so rare to see older bands still perform these days. Ahhh but every big hit song started with a whiff of pot in the air... good old Florida.

I've also seen one of my favorite bands, Young the Giant, several times in concert. They always do an awesome job at mesmerizing me...

That's pretty much all the concerts I've been to. I really wanted to see more now that I have the time and money, but Covid. I'd like to see Twenty One Pilots and Paramore.

Firstly, good choices in 21p and Paramore!!!

Secondly, JEALOUS of the Rolling Stones concert, that must been so good??????? Also jealous of Young the Giant too, got into them recently and loved every second of listening!

The only band I've seen live was Coldplay when I was 14. Hearing my favourite song Clocks live in-person was a very emotional moment. My mum loves Coldplay so I went with her. I love the atmosphere of concerts and would be happy to go again! If I could I would love to see Sufjan Stevens, Of Monsters and Men, Snow Patrol, Two Door Cinema Club, Foo Fighters or Carly Rae Jepsen and Rina Sawayama live next. I would especially be happy to see Sufjan or Snow Patrol with my mum as she was the one to introduce me to both and she loves them too. :)

Now I'm not a huge fan of Chris Martin, but I can imagine the atmosphere was very feelsy!

That's a lot of very good acts to go see, I hope you get to see them all, but especially TDCC and CRJ, I'm hunting down opportunities to see CRJ myself!

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I've just remembered I saw poets of the fall a few years ago and they were super fantastic so I may have to change my fav............ hm

Years
  • I recently saw the West Australian Symphony Orchestra at a free show they did not too far from me during an unusually healthy week. Before that, even before getting sick, I was never huge on concerts. I don't really enjoy being surrounded by crowds of obnoxious people. The last concert I saw before this one was in 2013 and was sleepmakeswaves, Dead Letter Circus and Karnivool with a friend of mine at an outdoor amphitheatre. Admittedly, it was a great night, but not something I'd ever want to make a habit of.

I've just remembered I saw poets of the fall a few years ago and they were super fantastic so I may have to change my fav............ hm

Poets of the Fall! Inky you have surprisingly good taste.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • The top two concerts that tie for 1st place are both Metallica. Saw them 4 years ago, and the stage effects when they played One were amazing. Lasers shot all around during the "gunfire" at the start, then fire shot up from the stage all the way above the baseball stadium when the "bomb" dropped. I saw them again 2 years ago and actually got in one of the pictures they posted on their Facebook page when they played Fuel. (You can only see my hands and part of my head, but I still got in there).

Guns N Roses has got to be 2nd place. I missed my first chance to see them because of work, but they finally came back around and I got a spot in the front row right in front of Slash, thanks to chatting with the mom of the kid who got semi-famous for jamming out with Dave Grohl playing Metallica at a Foo Fighters show. I normally don't get star struck, but I just stared at Slash slack-jawed and in awe for most of the show. At the end he threw a pick directly to me but I'm clumsy so it just bounced off my head and someone else got it.

Not sure how to rank all the others. Green Day was a lot of fun. BIlly Joe looked directly at me during King For a Day and acted like he was going to throw his crown to me, but did a fake out and laughed at me. Not cool, but I respect it. During a Skillet show I got to high five the lead singer and their drummer during a performance, I believe they were playing Hero at the time. Since the drummer also does female vocals they did a thing where both of them rolled around the arena on platforms, so I can now honestly say that I've high fived a bands' drummer during a show... even though she wasn't drumming... I ALMOST got into a Papa Roach music video for their show in Kansas City during Last Resort, but the camera cut away while I was crowd surfing. I've watched that video numerous times but have yet to see myself as I reached the stage. I also got to meet I Prevail before one of their shows, that was pretty cool.

I've got plenty more stories from shows but I'll save them for another time. Quite a few are crowd surfing related. I'm really hoping I'll finally get to see Megadeth this year. I bought a ticket when they were first announced to play with Ozzy like... 3 years ago now? But thanks to various events, the shows kept getting canceled/delayed. If they're show gets canceled again this year I may have to start burning things down.

Years
  • I've only been to one, Metallica in 2011 with my step mom. It was enjoyable save the obnoxious stoners. I guess such is expected at a metal concert but I wish it wasn't? You can smoke and drink and not act like an ass.

Years
  • I've gone to four concerts, although I only remember three of them clearly since one was when I was not even ten. One was a concert for a YouTube artist named Lindsay Stirling, and I definitely enjoyed it. The other two I've been to in recent memory were both for a group called the Piano Guys, also on YouTube. One was in December of 2017 and the other was in December of 2019, not long before Covid happened. The two main players of the group, Jon Schmidt and Steven Sharp Nelson's bantering reminded me of how I am with my brother, so it was really fun and I hope that they can do another concert soon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I have to all sorts of concerts.

Beach Boys, Backstreet Boys, Celine Dion, The Irish Tenors, Pitbul, Il Volo, Luke Bryan and Evanescence.

I know there's some I've got to be missing from when I was kid but as you can tell I've been all over the place. Luke Bryan was my last just before COVID and Evanescence was for my best friends Birthday/Christmas present.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Going to see them in April if it goes ahead, I can't wait! Did you enjoy it?

It was hard for me to watch (and I didn't realize it at the time) because of all the lights and I kept having to keep my gaze to the floor until I can figure out about my seizure issue.

Years
  • It was hard for me to watch (and I didn't realize it at the time) because of all the lights and I kept having to keep my gaze to the floor until I can figure out about my seizure issue.

Seriously Caite, thank you so, so, so, much for this. I haven't been to a concert since my brain issues, and I've been really struggling with lights ever since then. I hadn't considered this, so I will need to look into it, tysm for reminding me! <3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Definitely not the typical concert experience, but my favorite was the acoustic performance tour that '80's star Richard Marx did in the early 2010's. I'm not sure I could last long in a normal concert environment, plus Richard Marx sang some of the most iconic love songs of the late '80's.

Back