• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Covid 19

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    We now have like 10? Cases in my town, so uh.. pretty epic. I've been staying inside as much as I can. It is taking a toll on my mental health though and I'm starting to go.. stir crazy? Is that the right wording?

But like, at least before I could go to work and I got out of the house at least 4-5 days a week, but now since I'm laid off temporarily I'm just stuck in the house a lot. I'm okay during the day most of the time cause I distract myself with the new animal crossing and Pokémon mystery dungeon, but at night it really gets to me when I don't have anything to distract myself with. lately crankgameplays has been streaming though, sometimes late at night, so that's something to keep me company at least.

This whole situation is just weird and it sucks. It's a scary time.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Social isolation is nothing new for me. I stay home, I don't talk to people, I preoccupy myself with hobbies, cleaning, and caring for my animals, and I've always loved it that way. The only difference in my life is that now my fiancee works from home so he's here all the time. Which kinda messes with me cuz I love to be alone for extended periods and just having him here gives me introverted stress. Nothing personal.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'm on my third week working for home, I only leave it to shop for basics and shops only allow 1 person at a time (5 at the supermarket) and we all queue leaving at least two metres between each other. Masks are a common sight. We still don't know when it's going to end, I miss going out so much but I'm not risking it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I work as a cashier/bagger at a grocery store and this is the most stressed out I've felt at work ever. Two weekends ago was one of the busiest weekends we've had. Lines stretched down the aisles and it was non-stop customers with no rest in between. On a normal weekend it usually slows down by 6 but that weekend we were still busy until after 8 or 9. I got my breaks late cause we had so many panic buyers sweeping the shelves clean. Toilet paper was gone by Sunday and now we have to restock every few hours. The produce and meat department were cleaned out and a lot of our canned goods were gone. Sunday I actually broke down in front of customers and spent most of my break crying. I have never been this stressed in my life. Last week we changed our hours from 6am-midnight to 6am -10pm and now 6-7am is a special seniors only hour. When we close anyone scheduled after 10 has to clean the store until they clock out. We now routinely clean our registers every hour and have people designated to clean the shopping carts. Last week we started getting some temp workers and workers from other locations who had to shut down for a few days to restock until their's reopened. It's slower in there now since we've shortened hours and a stay-at-home order has been placed on our city. Since Monday I've been required to carry a letter with me when I go to work that says I'm allowed to be outside cause I work for an "essential business". So far I've not been questioned or pulled over by the police for being outside so I know they gave it to use just in case it's needed. Social distancing is not easy when you work at an "essential" business especially a grocery store. The smaller amount of people being there helps but I still find myself feeling anxious as I navigate the store even if I pass someone. Some people seem to get it and keep their distance from others but I still see groups of people shopping together. I've looked for empty aisles so I can avoid people as much as I can. I love when I get days off though cause I've taken advantage of them to do as much social distancing as possible. Staying inside and refusing to take a shift on days off. A few days ago they installed plexiglass on the checkouts to protect us a little. Only problem is that they put the smallest sheet on glass in front of the cash register that's no bigger than 4 feet and nothing else. I really don't feel safe behind there. Another grocery chain here has theirs stretched all the way down the belt and that's way better imo. I really wish this dies down soon cause I'm so tired of going to work everyday knowing my life is at risk. I'm tired of working long hours and cleaning everything. I hate having to wear gloves while checking just to feel safe. I considered buying a mask just for work but talked myself out of it cause others need them more than me. I worry about my dad who is 61 and has some blood pressure problems. He works for IKEA and I'm happy they closed their stores for a month and are still paying him cause it means now he has no choice but to stay home. I can't lose him to this virus I'm still very dependant on him. I still live with him cause I honestly can't afford to move out. He pays for every bill except my phone and streaming services and buys all the food for me. I can't afford to lose him right now. I really want him to survive this. I'm sorry for ranting, I'm just so tired. I'm not that scared of getting the virus myself, but I'm scared of everything else. I miss going out and seeing friends. I miss be able to go to Starbucks almost every day for coffee. I miss life honestly and want all this to end.

Last edited:
    Years
    I work as management in a drug store chain and I'm mentally exhausted after each day at work. Thankfully a lot of people are understanding of some of the restrictions we're putting in place at this point (reduced hours, closing our pharmacy early so they can catch up, having special shopping hours in the morning for seniors, and in the evening for first responders/healthcare workers), but as a manager I get to deal with the people that JUST DON'T GET IT. I hate having to explain every few minutes that we don't have masks, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc., and no we aren't raising the prices on anything. And people making excuses as to why they should be allowed to shop during our restricted hours, when those are there for a reason.

Not to mention we're missing 1/4 of our staff right now, and we have employees calling in every day saying they're not coming into work for at least two weeks. I'm getting real tired of working 10+ hour days, while still trying to keep a smile on my face, not only for the customers, but for all of our staff too, and trying to assure them that everything's going to work out, when I'm not even sure of it myself.

Also, getting real pissed off at people who are coming in with their families, or in groups of 4+, or say they're just browsing. We're an essential service right now, we're not here just because you're bored and everything else is closed. If you don't need to be here, STAY. THE. FUCK. AT. HOME.

I just wish that people would realize this is a serious thing, and not opening their eyes to what's happening is putting themselves and everyone else around them at risk.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    The Prime Minister of the UK, Boris Johnson, has tested positive for the virus and is now self-isolating. I guess other people in the government will need to do the same now and isolate themselves. Especially the Chancellor since he was with Boris yesterday when they were clapping for the NHS.

We're now into the fourth day of the three-week lockdown in the UK.

Years
    My country has implemented many financial programs and help for those affected.
    We don't have to pay our car payment this month and my mother is paid while taking time off.

But also, I'm getting cabin fever, there's nothing to do. I can't enjoy my spring time this way.

Years
    OMG I feel the same way about the spring time. I look out the window, and I see the nice weather, and i'm like AWW MAN WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO NIIIICCCCEEE OUT?!?!?!?!?!! UGH! Such a waste of a nice day.

Anyway, i've been getting some weird things happening to me. No i'm NOT sick. First off, I feel like the house has been more....peaceful? It's weird. I'm getting along with everyone in the house, and doing a few chores here and there. Also, I thought I was going to sleep every day, but my body on weekdays kind of know when it's a weekday and wakes up at 7am automatically. On weekends I still sleep late, but on weekdays, it's like I can't sleep late. Also, one of my teachers somehow got my number and called me just to check up on me and give me...homework? Well it's one of my music teachers and he wanted me to learn a new song or two on the keyboard by the time we get back to school and before I could come up with an good response, he's like "Ok stay safe bye." So i'm screwed. I sort of don't want to go back to school. I'm 50/50 on this topic. It's a brand new world, a world we must cope with for an indefinite amount of time. I totally social distanced myself from all my rl friends both physically and emotionally. I just want to play my Switch and 3DS and play on my laptop. Lately, my legs feel like "jello" for lack of better words. My sense of self is calmer since after the whole incident last week. Maybe i'm a natural introvert? Hmm.

I still want businesses to open back up though. It's still boring here in this house and i'd like to go to...other places than the supermarket or take out places.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Not to mention we're missing 1/4 of our staff right now, and we have employees calling in every day saying they're not coming into work for at least two weeks. I'm getting real tired of working 10+ hour days, while still trying to keep a smile on my face, not only for the customers, but for all of our staff too, and trying to assure them that everything's going to work out, when I'm not even sure of it myself.

Also, getting real pissed off at people who are coming in with their families, or in groups of 4+, or say they're just browsing. We're an essential service right now, we're not here just because you're bored and everything else is closed. If you don't need to be here, STAY. THE. FUCK. AT. HOME.

I just wish that people would realize this is a serious thing, and not opening their eyes to what's happening is putting themselves and everyone else around them at risk.

We've had several baggers/other workers take a leave of absence out of concern for their health. The temps we're getting mostly come from hotels and restaurants that aren't open right now.

People dont seem to get what social distancing means. The other day I was getting change for one of the cashiers and a family of 6 came in and blocked the pathway talking. Like normally that won't piss me off but now it really does. Only one or two people should be going in to get groceries. If you all need stuff just wait in your car and do it in shifts. I get if someone has young kids and doesn't have someone who can watch them while you do your shopping, that's fine. But if they have no reason to be there or you can find a sitter, then STAY HOME. It's not the time to stand in the middle of the aisle and gab with Susan while your toddler is crying cause they wanna go home. Like it's not that hard to keep your distance from everyone.

Years
    I think I may have sprained my back. Being a woman, I'm no stranger to some back soreness and aches and pain now and then, but this feels really different. Just doing everyday things like reaching down to pick up my pet's bowl and put some food in it sends sharp pains down my lower back that leave me howling, and make it hard to get back up. I can't slowly turn from one side of the bed to the other without feeling everything tense up badly. The only experience I can think of that felt similar was when I broke my arm as a kid and had to wear a cast.

I haven't done any heavy lifting or tripped over anything or recall anything in particular that would have hurt me. I think perhaps just all this being indoors sitting around and not walking like I normally would might have made me more suspectible to sprains. My posture has always been bad and I've maybe pulled a muscle.

My body has not been properly exercised in awhile.This gorgeous spring weekend normally would have been a good time to visit the city garden, walk the dogs, head to the gym and go swimming, go out shopping or head to the library. At least by now work would have normally begun and I would get some exercise there. I'm just sitting around at home though now.

I was hoping that I would feel better this morning than I did yesterday and that it was just some cramp or fluke, but the pain is getting way worse. I'll try ice, heating pads, pain meds from my medicine cabinet first in case it is not something as bad as I thought, but I am going to have to go to a doctor in the next few days if I'm not showing signs of improvement. That honestly scares me more than a back injury because I go to a state clinic, and there's going to be a lot of very sick people there and I am scared that I might come down with Corona just going to the doctor to get treatment for a relatively minor medical issue. If I am not better in the next couple days then I have likely badly sprained it or have a fracture and should see a doctor. But I am unsure whether it would do me more damage to stay at home and endure or go out for help and be exposed in a very high risk area.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    OMG I feel the same way about the spring time. I look out the window, and I see the nice weather, and i'm like AWW MAN WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO NIIIICCCCEEE OUT?!?!?!?!?!! UGH! Such a waste of a nice day.
    I know!!! The birds are having a party out here in my place, the sparrows and nightingales and mynas are all out there flying and singing in the daylight. Just hearing them makes me feel like going out. Also, are you intending to learn a new song?

there's going to be a lot of very sick people there and I am scared that I might come down with Corona just going to the doctor to get treatment for a relatively minor medical issue. If I am not better in the next couple days then I have likely badly sprained it or have a fracture and should see a doctor. But I am unsure whether it would do me more damage to stay at home and endure or go out for help and be exposed in a very high risk area.
    Ouch! I really hope it heals quick. Won't you contact a Doctor via phone call to find out if it's better to go or not? Take precautions if you're going. I sincerely wish you the best, VisionofMilotic!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Trust me, I am feeling the stiff muscles too. I honestly haven't had the motivation to exercise compared to before the pandemic became a thing because I was always on the move. Like most of you guys my life was just simply interrupted.

Week 3 of working from home and quite honestly I miss my colleagues, let alone all the chatter and the noise. All I hear these days now is my cat and drops of water at the bathroom faucet.

Texas just expanded an executive order to mandate a quarantine to those travelers arriving from covid-19 hotspots which included my home state of California. I was close to saying "screw this Imma go see my mom" but I changed my mind because I did not want the police to knock on my door unannounced just to check and see if I'm in the house. >_> It's tough out there.

It's weird for me to come back like this but I hope everyone of you guys feels safe! The world needs to heal and the one thing we can do right now is to stay connected.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I feel like the odd one out (what else is new, really?) as nothing in my life has changed at all. Not that there isn't chaos with this pandemic where I live, but my lifestyle of never leaving the house except to go into my backyard is exactly the same now as it used to be, only without my weekly trip to the grocery store (thank goodness for planning way back in early February). I've kept my windows open when it's warm out and I get a lot of creative work done. My house is gorgeously clean and I mowed my lawn the other day. Things are going well for me so far :)

Years
    Honestly I'm one of the fortunate people where covid 19 hasn't really affected me (... well yet I should say.) I'm an introvert anyway, so I don't mind staying in the house well... I don't go out much anyway...

Well it doesn't mean I DON'T like going out at all.. but for extraverts or party animals it must be hard...

And people who's families have been affected (by deaths... ) :( Really sad.

I still have to be careful though, obviously of course, I don't want to get anybody sick.

I got a new pet bird a few weeks ago... so lots of bonding time and trick teaching I guess. And other things such as puzzles etc... Haha. I'll talk more later GTG.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My job is more affected than my home life, because we have so many rules in place for this thing.

Also the hours changed, so I go in earlier and leave earlier, which isn't bad, really.

I was already kind of a lone wolf when not at work, though, so the only thing that's changed is that I used to randomly go places just to chill and walk around, and would sometimes see friends. Can't do those things as much now, because of the lockdown. I guess I consider myself lucky I was already used to be kind of alone on days off, though I was trying to change that within the last couple of years -- but right now, my life progress isn't as important as everyone's health, for sure.

I really hope this doesn't get much worse, but I'm sure it will.

Years
    Nova Scotia has now over 100 cases. We are the most densely populated province so it's more dangerous, I'm kinda scared.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    There's now over a million cases worldwide, and that makes me anxious... I don't think this is getting better any time soon.

Years
    could be that more and more people are getting tested and are testing positive as opposed to things actually getting worse. i can only hope those that are testing positive are quarantining so they don't make the problem worse.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Last I heard, it's believed that it's going to peak in the US at about the end of the month.

But we'll see what happens, this is sort of a day-by-day situation.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    We're doing pretty good in WA so far; at least it hasn't spiked too badly like in other states. It's just... heart-wrenching to hear about the death tolls across the world. :( My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this crisis.

As for me and my family, we're perfectly content with not going out. We live on 5 acres in a rural area so we're very privileged during all this. I study online anyway, as well, and to be honest, I only leave the house every few months if I have to. :P Where social butterflies are concerned, I'm in the pupal phase. Social distancing is my element!

Back