• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Chit-Chat (Extra Festive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
    Years
    It is now the spookiest month of the year... Bring out the zombie, the monsters, those spoopy memes you've saved since November... Why should I wake you up when September ends? Because then it's October! Time to scare or be scared!

Years
    Not that fan of those months. I am a greater fan of summer months, even if it is so extremely hot in here...

But October is the beginning of the academic year. Which means I'll be teaching some new clueless students. Oh the joy.

Years
    Not that fan of those months. I am a greater fan of summer months, even if it is so extremely hot in here...

But October is the beginning of the academic year. Which means I'll be teaching some new clueless students. Oh the joy.

What do you teach?

I love the Halloween-Christmas season, and I love when it starts to get cooler. Cold weather is best weather.

Years
    I am a math teaching assistant in the university. My course is linear algebra.

Hello, fellow mathematician! I'm still a student, but I would like to teach at the university myself. But I'm not sure if I like Math or Computer Science more.

How was your 1st day of the academic year? Mine was pretty interesting. I was forced to play rock-paper-scissors with other students during General Didactics and then had great time during Descriptive geometry lecture.

Years
    Hello, fellow mathematician! I'm still a student, but I would like to teach at the university myself. But I'm not sure if I like Math or Computer Science more.

How was your 1st day of the academic year? Mine was pretty interesting. I was forced to play rock-paper-scissors with other students during General Didactics and then had great time during Descriptive geometry lecture.
    Oh hi. My term has not started yet. It starts in sunday the 14th. And I just finished my masters degree, and haven't found a ph.d. supervisor yet, so in that respect I am kind of unemployed. That said, I have my teaching jobs already decided (15 hours of linear algebra in two weeks), so there is that.

I expect myself to contact the one professor dude I have eyes set upon in the beginning of next week. Maybe I'll also start coming to the university and pretend to do something useful. We'll see.

Years
    Oh hi. My term has not started yet. It starts in sunday the 14th. And I just finished my masters degree, and haven't found a ph.d. supervisor yet, so in that respect I am kind of unemployed. That said, I have my teaching jobs already decided (15 hours of linear algebra in two weeks), so there is that.

I expect myself to contact the one professor dude I have eyes set upon in the beginning of next week. Maybe I'll also start coming to the university and pretend to do something useful. We'll see.

Congrats on the Master's Degree. I'll be finishing my Bachelor's degree this year. Or I hope so :D

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    October 1st completely skipped my attention. D: No wonder, it was so dreary and grey haha. ;__; Usually October is when spring lights up, I love it. <3

Years
    IT'S ALREADY OCTOBER 2ND.

Too spooky. I hope it stays cooler here. I think at one point it was supposed to get up to the mid 80s again.

Years
    Is this community mostly USA based, or are there many people from other countries (I, for example, am such)

I am asking since the Halloween hype seems real here, and this is not something I'm accustomed to seeing.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    That's true, but I would say the largest amount of people are from the US. Definitely reflected in Daily views as well.

Halloween only recently started picking up in Australia last few years imo. Not something I've participated in much. My main awareness of it growing up came from shows like the Simpsons, haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back