• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
Years
  • Did also help I was able to do the things I have always done and play characters I have always played with friends so that comforted me more than being forced to do things I haven't done at all/play characters I never played before.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'm not into competitive FPS at all but I really do appreciate well-skilled players. Congrats on making it to that point! And yes, playing like usual = best.

On a different note though, I found it quite funny how I just bought and finished SoTC yesterday and, despite it being a year old game, it was just the game that was being talked about here haha.

Dang, it's been so long since I played Shadows of the Colossus. I really should revisit it at some point. rip :c
    You should!!!

I never beat that game, Sorvete. :(

I have memories of it, though. Mostly of watching my brother play it and fight the Colossi.
    You really should give it another go, perhaps to the latest remake they made last year. Absolutely brilliant game. And the visuals, oof. It looks so goddamn beautiful, even on base PS4.

Cid

Years
  • Congrats TY! Quarterfinals is still huge!

Reminds me of when my friends invited me to a national level Smash tourney. One friend managed to get all the way up to Top 25, out of 143 participants! He's too good.

And yes, Dero. I definitely want to play it again! If I get the chance, I'd play Ico and The Last Guardian, too.

Years
  • Everyone congratulate Cid as my partner in crime please!!!!!

Although he needs a bit of coaching...his VG Trivia answers are weak!

Cid

Years
  • Thank you, thank you
    Although he needs a bit of coaching...his VG Trivia answers are weak!
    One day I'll be able to answer those trivia questions! I just need to remember more from the games I play. :'D

Huge yes, satisfied... not really given how close it was so I just want to win :P
    thats for next time though if I get invited again to play, hopefully on maps I do know a tad better than the ones I played on.
    Ah yeah, I get the feeling. That drive I'm sure is what took you guys that far, though! I'm very much looking forward to the next time that you guys enter :)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Congrats TY! Quarterfinals is still huge!

Reminds me of when my friends invited me to a national level Smash tourney. One friend managed to get all the way up to Top 25, out of 143 participants! He's too good.

And yes, Dero. I definitely want to play it again! If I get the chance, I'd play Ico and The Last Guardian, too.

I haven't played Ico nor have the game, but I do possess The Last Guardian. Might just pick that up soon. Not expecting it to be as good as SoTC though, but let's see :b Not sure how I can legally play Ico though, kinda wish they do a remake for that too lol

Congrats on the promotion, by the way! :D

Last edited:

User Anon 1848

I often seek out older games on newer systems rather than newer games. It's dumb I know but I'm a sucker for nostalgia and don't buy games often so I rather go with a safe bet unless I'm confident that I'll enjoy it. Lately I've been craving a playthrough of GTA IV. So many good memories with that game both online and offline. Maybe they'll release it for the Switch. Sounds random on paper but they've released more obscure and older games for the system.

Cid

Years
  • I often seek out older games on newer systems rather than newer games. It's dumb I know but I'm a sucker for nostalgia and don't buy games often so I rather go with a safe bet unless I'm confident that I'll enjoy it. Lately I've been craving a playthrough of GTA IV. So many good memories with that game both online and offline. Maybe they'll release it for the Switch. Sounds random on paper but they've released more obscure and older games for the system.

I recently bought Yellow, Crystal, and Dragon Quest VIII all for the 3DS, so I totally get that. Collection of Mana is actually the first reason that finally got me to set aside money for a Switch this month. Old games have a certain appeal, and those that stood the test of time are filled to the brim with it.

I'm just waiting for the entire EarthBound trilogy released for the Switch. It boggles the mind that they haven't done this.

I haven't played Ico nor have the game, but I do possess The Last Guardian. Might just pick that up soon. Not expecting it to be as good as SoTC though, but let's see :b Not sure how I can legally play Ico though, kinda wish they do a remake for that too lol

Congrats on the promotion, by the way! :D
    Same. I think Ico's lore has a connection to SotC's, too. So it would be nice if they did remake it.

Thanks Dero! :D

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i have a bad habit of replaying the same games over and over, especially pokemon. i've...tried to be better about it this year? i say that, having just finished sapphire and platinum lol. i was replaying FF13 a while back as well and i plan on getting back to it when my partner puts his PS3 back in the living room. he moved it to the bedroom and it would just be a hassle to try to rehook mine up or move it around. i did start kh re:coded today, so that's...technically new for me, since i haven't played it. and then i replayed some kh games earlier in the year, as well as played some for the first time.

yeeeeeah tbh the only NEW game, as in released in 2019 game, that i've played this year is KH3. i have PQ2 and still haven't popped it in to play. shrugs..........

Years
  • lol I replay pokémon a lot too it's too fun hnng

have a bunch of games I got ages back but never finished or hardly even played. played maybe a couple hours of fantasy life, harvest moon story of seasons, and professor layton vs phoenix wright, never beat bravely default or kingdom hearts dream drop distance (but in my defense I keep getting stuck in these two because I'm bat at games.....) so I feel guilty on whether I should buy more games. keep telling myself I'll get to these games eventually but the 3ds is already dated and with the switch out, I'm not sure how often I'll be going back to play it :s unless it's for pokémon virtual console or ace attorney

Last edited:
    Years
  • I bought a bunch of games for the 3DS two months ago. Pokemon Omega Ruby, Pokemon Crystal, Sonic Boom Fire and Ice, Kirby Planet Robobot, Xtreme Sports, and a Link between Worlds. Buying on the Eshop is fun, but I think it's time to upgrade. Countdown to my bday Septermber 30th WOOP WOOP! I am SO getting a Switch (don't know if Lite or New Switch).

Years
  • I still haven't beaten Octopath Traveler to this day and I'm considering just starting over but I really don't want to lose all the progress that I've made (even though I'm on like Chapter 3 lol).

I also haven't beaten Starlink: Battle for Atlas and I started that game months ago. .__. I'm terrible at finishing games. It's unlike me because I used to be pretty good, but not so much these days...

Years
  • I'm also in the middle of replaying Child of Light because I actually really like that game, except that I dropped playing it due to life reasons and I haven't picked it up since. x.x

whyyyy am I so terrible at finishing games these days aaaa

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • that reminds me, my manager traded in like his whole vita collection recently which includes a copy of child of light so it's just Sitting There at work and i want it bc i've always wanted a physical copy but didn't get a vita until last year. buuuuut we don't hang on to vita game boxes bc our store is so small and it's a space saving thing basically but like. yeah we don't have the box and i'd rly like the box. so i'm like. do i buy the cartridge here for the Sweet Discount or just suck it up and get it online with its box. sigh

i should mention i have it downloaded on my wii u, but i really love the game and just wanted a physical copy of it bc of that. like i just want something tangible u kno

Last edited:
    Back