• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'll try not staying up so late tonight though :( wanna work out tomorrow :)

Apparently people in the US can hear out a "Canadian" accent :S apparently I've got it.

Sir Codin

I'm afraid I haven't met enough Canadians to single out whatever accent they may have.

Sir Codin

Sometimes I slip into a Dixie accent with certain words or phrases, like "y'all" in stead of "you all."

Years
    Down here where I live, not many people really have a southern accent, unless you have lived down here all your life and were born in the <1950s-1960s with parents that were as well.. a lot of diversity in culture has caused the accent to diminish down here. My mom has lived here her whole life, but her parents have not, which is probably why she doesn't have a southern accent.

Florida is basically land that was stripped from Delaware or something and stuck below the Carolinas.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    BiS, I don't really think that's fhe case with everyone. . . I met somebody who thought I was Canadian. Never even been there.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    OH GOD THE FEELS. I grew up with this **** people, this is really gettin' to me :(

I don't think I'd be able to easily decipher whether someone was Canadian. Our accents are a little too similar. :/

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Despite not being from there, my family has what was referred to me as a Philadelphia accent. It mostly is in older relatives, but I did recently catch myself saying water the way they do. I: Alongside that, we all use words that don't exist (for example: veraciousravenousitis). Sometimes that causes confusion.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Am I the only here who doesn't know a thing about accents? Never really noticed them tbh.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I have a southeast Virginia accent. It's really noticeable when I say anything with an "ou" in it.

According to our favorite former s-mod Mr Cat Dog, my accent is "southern but not too southern." Which is...yay, I guess?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I have a southeast Virginia accent. It's really noticeable when I say anything with an "ou" in it.

According to our favorite former s-mod Mr Cat Dog, my accent is "southern but not too southern." Which is...yay, I guess?

I'd assume mine is the same because I didn't think you had an accent!

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    veraciousravenousitis

The only thing I know to say to this is how very veraciousravenousitis your mind must be. :x

I can pick accents out pretty easily.
    And understand drastically different accents pretty easily, no matter how distorted they seem. Thank you, Metal/Rap music

Years

I'd probably know exactly how your accent sounds considering how my dad's family is from Virginia, and I know how a lot of them talk as well.

Sirfetch’d

God my accent is so southern..or at least I think so. I heard myself recorded least year and I couldn't believe how strong it was.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My parents have a Mexican accent, as they've grown up in Mexico. Me—I don't have an accent. I speak just like how most New Yorkers would. xD Though, I do have a tendency to replace the "o" with "aw" from time to time, like some other people who live in my neighborhood. Chawcolate. Cawffee. Awblivion.

Years
    Wooow ;D

I was down in Kentucky, but there were Americans from across the nation! From their accents I thought they were from urban Northeast or Northwest - the ones I spoke to, I mean.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I'm terrible with accents. I have no idea what my accent sounds like, to me it's just the way I talk. Just like any other American.

I remember when I was up in Canada I was talking with a Canadian and he said "Eh". I didn't say anything outloud, but I was thinking "Woah, they actually say that?"

Years
    Even though most people where I live tend to have very noticeable accents, mine doesn't even sound like a stereotypical Australian accent. I once tried to pull it off with hilarious but annoying results.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back