• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I find Criminal Minds a little bit more intense than L&O and L&O SVU. It's not really my favorite, Ive also watched CSI on a number of occasions but I think that's nothing special either.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I haven't watched Bones, but I did get into Criminal Minds after a while. Eventually I just kind of set it on the back burner and now I'll watch it if it's on, but I don't keep up with it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've watched Bones before, but it's only because I'm bored and I want to watch TV while having dinner. SVU is another I'll watch when bored. I don't watch a lot of TV except for Breaking Bad and How I Met Your Mother.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never watched Bones before, and to be honest, I have never heard about it either. xD I might've seen one of its commercials on TV, but I can't exactly be sure.

My mom and my sister watches How I Met Your Mother, but as for me, I never really got into it. The only episode that I have ever watched from this show was when Barney revealed that Bob Barker was his real father. I have no idea what this episode is called, but I think it was a part of season two.

Years
  • As a crime show fiend, I will chime in with my favorite shows, as well as my least favorite shows. Green=Love; Orange=Like; Red=Dislike

1. Criminal Minds is the best crime-investigation show! RIP Emily Prentiss :(
    The show balances the large cast, the characters' personal background, and the story-line of the various sociopaths and psychopaths they hunt down. Also, the stories are MEMORABLE and DISTINCT.

2. Bones, I love David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel. The show isn't as great as it was back in the day, but it's still the great mix of humor, intense action, and lots of fancy technology. Sometimes it does go board on the personal lives rather than the cases.

3. NCIS is pretty good, I wish there were more characters like criminal minds. The group dynamic is great though!

4. Coldcase, I have to say it is often a hit or miss. The character background is not strong, but the story lines of the people involved with the murdered person usually makes up for this. I love the injection of history and culture amid the various time periods of US history. As a whole though, it's a bunch of short stories with no connective thread between episodes with the recurring character development.

5. SVU, or, as I like to call it, SUV! This is a good show, but it does get fairly monotonous and the acting is pretty flat in comparison to the shows aforementioned. The show is unbalanced, and should just be called the Mariska show. She is pretty overestimated though :/ The storylines seem to repeat themselves over and over, I just find it to be hard to watch more than an occasional episode when nothing else is on.

6. Criminal Intent has the same issues as SVU, the only interesting character is Vicent Donofrio. The other characters might as well not be there. Though some of the scenes are really great, it's just monotonous given the limitations of the cast.

7 & 8. CSI Miami and NY, incredibly boring storylines with a cast to match. Though, I would say the forensics are interesting to watch.

9. NCIS LA, I will sum it up with this, "why?" All of the lackluster characteristics of some of these other shows magnified by ten. Even the acting is bad!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm beginning to wonder whether I should get hold of DVD collections of crime shows

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not a huge fan of The Walking Dead. I've watched one of their episodes from season two, but I've switched the channel after just three-six minutes. It's not a bad show or anything, but it just isn't for me. To be honest, I don't like anything that's horror. I've watched a horror movie last year called Silent Night, and it left me feeling quite nervous for almost three straight weeks. xD" I've watched it only because a few of my friends wanted me to. If it wasn't for them, then I probably wouldn't have seen it.

Sirfetch’d

I'm not a huge fan of The Walking Dead. I've watched one of their episodes from season two, but I've switched the channel after just three-six minutes. It's not a bad show or anything, but it just isn't for me. To be honest, I don't like anything that's horror. I've watched a horror movie last year called Silent Night, and it left me feeling quite nervous for almost three straight weeks. xD" I've watched it only because a few of my friends wanted me to. If it wasn't for them, then I probably wouldn't have seen it.

Yeah The Walking Dead is certainly a show that isn't for everyone. It's really you like it or you don't because of the type of show it is. It doesn't fit the taste for quite a large audience. For those of us who do like it though, we cannot wait :D Only 20 more days!

Years
  • The Walking Dead is a show maybe I'd be interested in (same with Breaking Bad) because everyone I know keeps talking about the two, but I would have to catch up with both of them via Netflix, and I don't have Netflix at all :(

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • TWD is a cool show but I'm only at Season 2. Plenty of time before S4, thankfully.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • All these season 2 Slowpokes. Come on guys, you gotta catch season 3 TWD! That was definitely by far the best season thus far.

Years
  • I'm one heck of a Slowpoke for sure as far as that The Walking Dead goes, because it's on cable TV where I am and I don't even have it! I really need to study more on the series to see what the fuss is about.

Sirfetch’d

I'm a The Walking Dead Slowpoke for sure as far as that series goes, because it's on cable TV where I am and I don't even have it! I really need to study more on the series to see what the fuss is about.

You really should if you get the chance because it is such an amazing and intense show. I was someone who never thought that I would like it, but I was instantly hooked on it.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I'm trying to catch on the series. I'd join the club but so much spoilers...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back