• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daydreaming and Totally Random Thoughts.

Years
    • Seen today
    Out of curiosity, does anybody have any random passing thoughts throughout the day? I do this all the time, especially being a big daydreamer. On a sick bed ridden day like today my curiosity spikes even more intensely.

I searched all sorts of stuff about European sports teams. Not really into those but hey

I also searched up "Why is the NFL played in the Winter" and "Why do they play preseason games if they don't count". Again, not really into NFL either but I get the thought and suddenly "Ohh I must know this".

Other passing thoughts today included "Was Michael Jackson more popular at his peak than the Beatles". (the answer is like a split 50/50). "What is the best selling Album ever. Apparently it's Thriller with 75 million. "Why did the PS2 sell so well" I learned it's due to having a built in DVD player.

At one earlier in the year I got curious and texted our church pastor a question about the afterlife. Answer being "Wow. I have no clue, but I'll get back to you on that". He never did unfortunately. Desperately wish I could remember the question.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Oh dear. I'm always on random thought mode, sometimes to excess. Blame my anxiety and possible OCD.

I've learned to counter it by getting out of my head a little bit and staying in the present, though. I also think about feared scenarios on purpose so that they won't bother me later, but I admit that one hasn't been working as well lately.

Years
    • Seen today
    Oh dear. I'm always on random thought mode, sometimes to excess. Blame my anxiety and possible OCD.

I've learned to counter it by getting out of my head a little bit and staying in the present, though. I also think about feared scenarios on purpose so that they won't bother me later, but I admit that one hasn't been working as well lately.

I'm glad you found a method to counter it. I have diagnosed anxiety too. Hasn't gotten completely better, but the last few years have been improvement.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    That's me ever since childhood. Though, puberty was when it really started. It's mostly just existential questions and in the past entire fun stories I made up in lonely times (so all the time xD). It still very much happens regularly but now work is so dull that it is kinda hard to use my head to come up with meaningful answers and such. <_<

Years
    • Seen today
    That's me ever since childhood. Though, puberty was when it really started. It's mostly just existential questions and in the past entire fun stories I made up in lonely times (so all the time xD). It still very much happens regularly but now work is so dull that it is kinda hard to use my head to come up with meaningful answers and such. <_<

Reminds me of being in the 6th grade and I had created an entire comic about the a human trying to stop the sun and moon from fighting, which also involved a talking bunny deuteragonist.

I was going to take this to school too. Now I'm glad I had better judgement and didn't. Kids can be mean.

Years
    My thoughts are pretty much constantly drifting from one thing to the next. It's lead to many a Google/Wiki deep dive.

Years
    Really negative self talk.
    But if I'm watching something and a topic piques my interest, I research it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I have random thoughts all the time, honestly? But my brain usually doesn't stay on topic unless it's something I am enamored with, so.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I used to have a lot, but they have mostly gone away over the past 2 years and it's incredibly annoying. I miss them.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    • He / Him
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh god where do I start

I daydream a lot, and I mean A LOT all the time. It's just part of my lifestyle. I guess it's to complement with my introvert personality.
    The thing is… most of the time I forget what I was thinking about, so it's more of a lingering memory on my mind than real solid thoughts.
    I do recall some, one time I asked myself if in Zootopia (or other animal universe), what do carnivorous animals eat? Because, if they live peacefully with herbivores, do they still eat them?
    Also once I asked if racism in dogs exist, like, dogs from a rare breed are racist towards stray dogs or something like that.
    Also how the heck snakes lay eggs?

I also have Pokémon thoughts:
    -If a grass-type Pokémon eats plant-based food, are they cannibals?
    -Speaking of grass types, are they made of flesh or plant?
    -If a Squirtle loses its shell, is it homeless or naked?
    -Why doesn't Luvdisc evolve into Alomomola?
    -Will Flygon ever get a Mega Evolution?
    -Can Game Freak stop giving attention to Charizard already?
    -What's the square root of 69?

Ya know, stuff like that

Last edited:
    Years
    I get random thoughts all the time. One I can think of recently was when I was trying to study for one of my classes (it might have been calculus) and all of a sudden I wondered how wine corks were made. One quick google search found my answer, but who knows why I suddenly had the urge to learn about corks.

Years

Lol this is me soooo much!
    I very often daydream and dissociate from reality to think about whatever. Always been and always will be. I struggle a lot on focusing, especially when I study but it's a problem I have always had since day 1. Therapy kinda helped but yeah I will never stop doing that, because it's just my nature lol.

Very recently, I stopped studying to think if they had (non electrical) ovens in Ancient Rome and it turned out that they had! There are also findings of bread lol.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Oh god where do I start

Ya know, stuff like that

Yes, I do daydream quite often. Whenever I'm alone, in serene and tranquil place mentally, which is very often, random thoughts pop in my head, mostly about how my life would be if I was in certain positive situations. A lot of times, they motivate me to do better and keep improving my life, or they are just pipe dreams. In addition, when I'm online, other things that people say could often get me thinking as well, such as, for example, Cosmega's post and questions.

No. It's not necessarily species-on-species consumption.
    Most are plant based, very few are spiritual like Trevenant,
    I would say permanently disfigured instead.
    Missed opportunity.
    Definitely not.
    Not at all. Charizard is the most marketable Pokémon next to Pikachu.
    Probably something NSFW.

The fact that I actually answered these questions is a testament to how others influence random thoughts that get me thinking.

Back