• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a favorite sport?

Years
    • Seen today
    I follow MMA (mostly UFC) pretty heavily. I'm a fight pass subscriber and I catch all the fight night episodes along with the PPV's.

Outside of that I'm not much of a sports person, outside of a small niche interest in hockey.

I have 3 sports trophies of my own from when I participated. They collect dust, but are pretty to look at I suppose. An abusive coach soured me on ever going back.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Tough question, cause I'm not typically into sports. I've enjoyed watching Basketball, Volleyball, and Tennis on super rare occasions, but I'm definitely not the kind of person to ever sit down and watch a game or play myself. My dad is a fairly big hockey fan (yes I'm Canadian) so I suppose that's the sport I know the most about, but I've never been super into it myself. If you forced me to give an answer I don't think I'd be able to, there's just a few I've had a very small passing interest in.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Keeps up on baseball. (Holds no interest in playing it.) Mainly cares because of fantasy baseball with family. Enjoys the prediction and stats aspect of it. Gives something to look forward to every day. Rarely watches even half of a game, though. (Avoids games where a pitcher on the team is currently pitching. Became a minor superstition after they regularly gave up homeruns within a minute of watching.)

Days
  • I do play (or rather, played) multiple sports with good enough performance. Those sports where Cricket, Badminton, Football, TT, Handball, Dodge-ball in schools, trekking and cycling.

If I need to choose only one sport, then I will go for Cricket !!

Years
  • i keep up with american football, especially at the professional level. i do occasionally watch college football as well.

sometime i might watch an mlb game too!

Luci_

Shroomish Enthusiast
    Days
  • I am a diehard baseball fan, I commonly follow the MLB NPB (Japan) and the KBO(Korea). My favorite teams from each are the San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners, Toronto Blue Jays (a Canadian team in an American League, always confused me.), the Hanshin Tigers, Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters, and the Kiwoom Heroes.

I also like a bit of American football and grew up on the San Diego Chargers and 49'ers but after the move of the Chargers I've grown to like the Baltimore Ravens

Years
  • Big into football, men's, women's, professional, non-league, you name it ! (soccer for the Americans here). Being from the UK it's everywhere and something I missed living in other countries.
    Everyone I knew growing up would know things about football, whether they liked it or not, things like the top teams in the Premier League or names of some players. Every village with more than 30 people living in it has its own team and the amateur scene is the most developed in the world. It's so present in the country.

When living in Prague it was very alien to me that only a few people would know things about football (however they all were ice hockey crazy!) and it was something else that compounded onto the culture shock a bit. Trying to find a local team to go and watch was just not something that could be done, whereas in the UK turning up to any local football pitch on a Sunday is almost guaranteed to have some sort of organised match going on.

I now treat it as something that's a bit comforting/nostalgic/familiar I guess. A way to connect back to the UK even though, where I live now, it's much closer in terms of sports culture to what I'm used to!

Days
  • Every village with more than 30 people living in it has its own team and the amateur scene is the most developed in the world. It's so present in the country.

This thing is over here as well, but for cricket !!

Every locality make their teams and play out in their community grounds. During the world cup times, the emotions are all high everywhere.

Back