• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a future?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • In other words, is your future set for you? Are you going to go off to college or get that job you always wanted to have? Or, are you one of those people who don't know yet?

I'm spoilering my future for personal reasons.

Spoiler:

In more lighter terms, I wouldn't mind becoming a full advocate for people with disabilities. I'm very strong about my rights as a disabled person, and I wouldn't mind trying to promote awareness for mostly autism. Either that, or become a writer... if I could actually FINISH something. :c These are just thoughts though.

So yeah... what about you guys?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • No. I'm tied with the court system on some bs charges that's crippling my ability to succeed since they expect me to pay them instead of bills or college. So until they're paid off I can't even imagine doing anything. So I'm basically just doing music on the side and planning how I'm going to succeed with it. I'm halfway through the process. People have told me I'm good enough to succeed in it and this is people I never even met so I'll see how it goes once I get it going. Plus my family has a history of music success and it runs in my blood so I feel I need to continue that tradition. Fuck being a slave to the system the rest of my life, I'd rather do something I want at my own pace.

Years
  • I am not sure.
    I am still in school and my family is very supportive of me.
    School is getting really hard but at the moment im very happy as I managed to achieve an A in my French exam due to the tremendous amount of support my french teacher has been giving. My teachers are predicting that by the end of the year I be getting an C or a B.
    I dont know what sort of career that I want yet. I thought about teaching,lawyer and I want to do something relating to the fashion industry but im unsure of that.
    But as for family and relationship aspirations.
    I want to be in a stable and secure relationship with a husband and have children who I be able to spoil to death.
    But then again this is reality so I doubt anything will work out the way I want..

tonbo

~(˘▾˘~)
    Years
  • still in school and i'm doing really well which is fucking great. i know pretty much exactly what i want to do in life; i'd like to be a footballer's agent over in europe. i'm just having problems figuring out how to do that lol. i'll probably study law stuffs at university (haven't looked at anything yet).

as for family stuff, i'd love to be in a relationship when i grow up with maybe 1 kid. but i know my ideal career has too much travelling in it, to the point where people won't be able to work around it >~< oh well.

Bay

Years
  • To be honest, I don't know. Back when I was in college, I thought of myself hopefully getting into finance or something similar, but when I graduated in 2010 that was when the economy was pretty bad and, well, even the experienced folks had a hard time getting jobs. Almost six years later, for now all I see is very pessimistic.

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Survive high school and apply to some colleges i guess. Idk what I want to do really. Probably something with social studies. My goal is to get a sustainable job to eventually raise a family or something. Knowing me, Ill probably become a professor and live out my days.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Future? That's a word I don't like unless we're talking about spaceship battles and cool impossible technologies.

My future is uncertain, but stable at the same time. I can't work due to my brain accumulating mass amounts of stress which eventually build up into mental breakdowns once every few weeks. All of the jobs I can obtain are minimum wage, low rate nonsense where everything is disorganized, the managers are incompetent, customers run rampant, and little stresses build up.

And I've basically given up on school for two reasons. One: It's a lot of money for no guarantees. Two: They forced me to take a bunch of math courses, and I'm like, no. Math is not something I will ever be able to do properly, so just let me pick something else and avoid it as much as possible.

So my current future and career is this: to try to exist as peacefully and stress-free as I can. It is much harder than it sounds, particularly when even interactions on these forums can drive me up a wall with stress. I live on the kindness of others, and I appreciate their support for allowing me to not have to deal with that which will negatively impact my health. (In particular, my fiance. He works a full time job paying off our debts whilst we live in my parent's house. He's trying right now to get the government to consider me disabled so that I can at least get some money to help us live) I do have things I spend a lot of time doing for no payment, such as writing and art. (Excepting the occasional commission, which is NOT enough to support me.) These are what keep me entertained. I have no intention of turning them into a career, because that is too difficult and the competition is fierce. I'll just keep doing them out of the pure enjoyment of my heart, for slight pennies sometimes. If something happens that I can handle, then that's great. If not, then that's fine too.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I'm gonna graduate from Uni next month.

The future never looked that scary before.
    You figure something, you have dreams, and when you are there... Now, what?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • nope. i should go and try to get into college. but idk. saving up money for a few months at a time and then blowing it all trying to win the lottery sounds more exciting. also will make for a better story to tell kids/grandkids when they decide they want to try and be a no life piece of shit like me.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I gotta job lined up as a flight instructor once I graduate from flight school in june, I'm gonna have 6-8 students from the start which is insane. super stoked

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
  • Future? That's a word I don't like unless we're talking about spaceship battles and cool impossible technologies.

My future is uncertain, but stable at the same time. I can't work due to my brain accumulating mass amounts of stress which eventually build up into mental breakdowns once every few weeks. All of the jobs I can obtain are minimum wage, low rate nonsense where everything is disorganized, the managers are incompetent, customers run rampant, and little stresses build up.

And I've basically given up on school for two reasons. One: It's a lot of money for no guarantees. Two: They forced me to take a bunch of math courses, and I'm like, no. Math is not something I will ever be able to do properly, so just let me pick something else and avoid it as much as possible.

So my current future and career is this: to try to exist as peacefully and stress-free as I can. It is much harder than it sounds, particularly when even interactions on these forums can drive me up a wall with stress. I live on the kindness of others, and I appreciate their support for allowing me to not have to deal with that which will negatively impact my health. (In particular, my fiance. He works a full time job paying off our debts whilst we live in my parent's house. He's trying right now to get the government to consider me disabled so that I can at least get some money to help us live) do have things I spend a lot of time doing for no payment, such as writing and art. (Excepting the occasional commission, which is NOT enough to support me.) These are what keep me entertained. I have no intention of turning them into a career, because that is too difficult and the competition is fierce. I'll just keep doing them out of the pure enjoyment of my heart, for slight pennies sometimes. If something happens that I can handle, then that's great. If not, then that's fine too.

As you so nicely put it, I really can't plan my future, I hate overthinking things and stressing with the thought that "I have to get there, that's my future" a lot of things can happen that'll ruin that planned future of yours, and if you have striven to reach that future and it falls apart, you as well, will fall apart. I really can not plan further than at most, a year at a time, even that would be a whole ton for me. I mean, I don't even know what I'm having for dinner today, which is in.. Around 6 hours from now.

I like to just approach things as they come, one step at a time. Spaceships though, we need that.

Years
  • There was a time when I'd give you a clear honest answer of yes. I was in university studying education and I was getting into the beginnings of working as a ballroom dance instructor with further qualifications in that area on the horizon. My future looked pretty solid, I even had a long term girlfriend that I thought might be the person I'd eventually get to settle with.

Then the relationship ended, university kicked me out based on a bullshit technicality I got terribly ill, my autism and anxiety/depression issues have gotten insanely bad as a result of my illness. I can't study, I have no relationship, I can't dance and I generally can't leave the house because of sickness or panic. I'll get better eventually I'm sure but right now my once bright future is looking very bleak and I have no idea what my life will bring anymore.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So much negativity in this thread! Of course you all have futures. But we shouldn't live in them. We should do what we can with what we have now, and try to form goals to strive towards. Any kind of goal. In my opinion, at least (:

I have a job, cats, friends, home - but no goal. I really don't know what to strive for :/ that bothers me a bit. Okay it bothers me a lot. I don't want to make "finding a man" my goal either, haha. So I just keep going. I obviously have a future, I just really don't know what it is. I need a goal. Hm.

Years
  • I've so many goals in my mind. I don't know if I can accomplish them all or not. But so far whatever I learned from life is never give up. You will eventually going to achieve your dream.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    I've never really planned ahead much for anything really. I graduated highschool, went to a budget college and graduated, found myself a decent job, etc. I did all that without really planning any of it. Was more of an up-and-coming checklist of expectations held by my family. Now that I have a job, I'm consistently going to work and coming home to do nothing on a regular basis.

I don't mind it. I'm in a comfortable place, but I guess it can get lonely.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have lots of goals, I try to work on how to get there everyday. I like to think I will continue to do so until I get there.

I've so many goals in my mind. I don't know if I can accomplish them all or not. But so far whatever I learned from life is never give up. You will eventually going to achieve your dream.
    What kind of goals? I think I need inspiration ._. what should one aim for in life I mean? When I was at university, my main goal was always to finish my studies and get a job haha.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I literally have no fucking idea what to do with myself

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I literally have no fucking idea what to do with myself
    You should get a cat to care for and then start RPing. (8

Well, you've already achieved that goal, didn't you? If you don't have a clear goal right now it might be because you're just settling in. There must be something that you've been forced or decided to not do, like I don't know, learning to play piano. Goals aren't restricted to world saving or life changing events.

One of my goals is to play music for a national concert held every year here in Argentina; (I've applied and failed twice). One not so big is to finish a song I've been working on for like a year. And a lot of other silly stuff.
    Hmm true. Can my goal be to finish a RP then haha?

And to get a piano and become as good as I can on it.

And also get ripped. (8

Back