• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you own a car?

Sirfetch’d

If so, what kind? I'm currently shopping for a new one so I am looking for some ideas of reliable cars/SUVs.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Just recently got a new 2017 Chevy Sonic. It's a pretty nice car, especially for being under $20k.

Years
2011 Ford Fusion is what I have. It works and so far I haven't had much in the way of issues that affect driving, but I'm sure I'll encounter more as it gets older. My biggest issues so far were the power connector for the air conditioning melting the first summer I had it (2015) and the front passenger side control arm likely having a pinhole in the sleeve, causing the lubrication to leak and it to make a rhythmic thumping noise when it's above a certain temperature outside after extended driving (that the dealer tightened to factory spec to try to resolve that then caused me to be unable to steer so the dealer loosened it and the problem came right back, so there's probably not much that can be reasonably done to fix that).

This reminds me that I should check my fluid levels soon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Nope. I finally have a high enough graduated license that I can drive on my own, but there's no way I can afford a car anytime soon. I'd be content with an old one, so it's not the upfront price I worry about, but gas is so expensive and UGH insurance prices? Can't do it. :(

Luckily I live in areas with decent public transit so I don't really need a car anytime soon.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I'm in the market for a new car too, I bet my current cars qualify for senior citizen discounts. '06 GMC Sierra regular cab and a '98 Pontiac Bonneville. The Bonneville was my first car and it's still running strong, I've had it for almost 10 years now. I'm probably going to sell it here soon and buy a 2018 Honda Civic. It would be nice to own a car made in the last decade.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm currently under 2016 Chevy Traverse; it's paid-off. Great car, but for myself, a bad idea to buy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I have a 2003 Ford Focus. Still runs absolutely perfect, since the previous owner took decent care of it and I take good care of it. The only "big" maintenance that I had to do for it so far is that I had to replace the tires, but that's more because of the terrible roads I take to work rather than any problems with the car.

I will admit that I didn't drive the Focus for seven years while I struggled with anxiety to get my license. But even then, the only problem was the battery because I didn't drive it. Once I took it out more often, no problems.

TiredTomboy

Punk Girl Devin
Years
2011 Ford Fusion is what I have. It works and so far I haven't had much in the way of issues that affect driving, but I'm sure I'll encounter more as it gets older. My biggest issues so far were the power connector for the air conditioning melting the first summer I had it (2015) and the front passenger side control arm likely having a pinhole in the sleeve, causing the lubrication to leak and it to make a rhythmic thumping noise when it's above a certain temperature outside after extended driving (that the dealer tightened to factory spec to try to resolve that then caused me to be unable to steer so the dealer loosened it and the problem came right back, so there's probably not much that can be reasonably done to fix that).

This reminds me that I should check my fluid levels soon.

I've got a 2008 Ford Fusion with similar issues, RIP. The windshield wiper fluid is what doesn't work at all though, there's zero pressure in the system so it just sort of trickles when you press the fluid button. Grody.

Also it had some serious issues with the power steering which was pretty scary.

Hoping my next vehicle is a truck tbh. I like driving them more anyway.

Years
I've got a 2008 Ford Fusion with similar issues, RIP. The windshield wiper fluid is what doesn't work at all though, there's zero pressure in the system so it just sort of trickles when you press the fluid button. Grody.

Also it had some serious issues with the power steering which was pretty scary.

Hoping my next vehicle is a truck tbh. I like driving them more anyway.

Your motors for sprayers might be dead.

With the power steering, I think there was a recall for that in the last couple of years, but your car would only be affected if a warning flashed on your dash about it shutting off. Mine so far has, fortunately, not had that issue. There's been a number of recalls for various things on our generation of Fusions, but I'd rather have an excess of those over the car's life than be unknowingly driving a car that had many fatal accidents caused by incidents the manufacturer covered up (like the GM ignition problem and the Takata airbag recall).

I'm personally not a fan of trucks. Driving one solo or even with just 2 people feels like a waste of gas no matter how fuel efficient it is, unless the back is filled with things or people.

Years
I have a grey 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid.

I love it.

Spoiler:

Pic.

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
2012 chevrolet impala.... it's been a decent car, only problem i've had with it is i think a year or so after i bought it, the little part that controls the airflow in the car (like if you want it recycled or not) stopped working and as a result it was making a horrendous loud knocking noise randomly while driving. got it fixed though.

recently, it's been okay. i've noticed rides have been kind of shaky, though? i'm thinking it's either an issue with my tires wearing out or my steering alignment being messed up. i'm getting it inspected soon because where i live demands it, so if something's wrong, i'll find out. i've driven across the country with this thing, and i plan on driving it into the ground.

TiredTomboy

Punk Girl Devin
Years
Holy muk where do you guys get your money from? 1997 Toyota Rav4 here.

Delayed response but parents. I'm paying them back for it a little every month though (so like they bought it full price, but are giving me time to pay it off).

My parents aren't loaded or anything, just have a lot of connections for cheaper prices because small town politics. Can't complain too much lol.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
A 2001 Ford Ranger XLT (: Good old buddy that never fails me. Had it for around 3 years i believe. Hasn't hiccuped except for one time, and that was my doing. With the leftover money from uni my dad and I decided to go hunting for cheap trucks and we ended up finding this used ranger hours away for 3k.

Back