• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Think You're Smart?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • Title says all, so I won't thankfully torture you with the titles I made before.

Do you think you're smart? What makes you think so?

This is kinda tough. I'm eloquent and quite skilled in algebra, but common sense goes over my head sometimes, and occasionally I act without thinking.

Years
  • Generally speaking, yes. I have a high IQ, I learn fast, got into university early, did well all through school with minimal effort and have a tendency towards cold logic. That being said I don't always use my intelligence as well as I'd like - I guess that's the difference between intelligence and wisdom though.

Reactions: Sun

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Hmm... in a way.

If we're going by IQ and school ability alone than I'm not a smart person. My math capability is subpar and English is the only 'real' subject I excel at when my focus is on it. There's many different things I know a lot about and I'm usually spilling over with information on various subjects.. but in the end thats only specialized knowledge. At least I learn new things quickly.

Wisdom is more my style I guess. I'll never really go far in school or achieve honors in any education, but I know life's workings pretty well from experience and generally how to get by in a lot of life situations. Now if only I'd gain harmony between my emotions and my brain power, then I could theoretically rule the world.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Can a lazy person be smart? That's the only reason why I coasted through school on B's and C's instead of A's. Senior year of high school I did zero homework assignments.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    eh not really

oh hey:
    USQcm52.png

Last edited:

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I would like to think I'm smart. Unfortunately the only people I can compare myself to are either children or a town full of people so stupid they decided to elect someone who would poison their water supply twice.

Years
  • Yes and no.

I can learn things fairly quickly. I'm rather quick witted with words and I've got plenty of education and experience. But I don't always do the smart thing in a given situation and there are definite gaps in my knowledge and experience which means that I can't always rely on my smarts all the time. And yet I act that way, trying to rely on smarts that don't fit the situation instead of admitting my ignorance or finding a different solution, and that's dumb of me.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Somewhat. I can learn fast but I'm lazy as all hell. I was lazy all throughout school and I still am today, meaning I'm never really showing my all. When I do try, though, apparently it shows? That's what I've been told.

Years
  • Suppose it depends? On some days I'm a total klutz and common sense flies over me but other days I feel perfect and that I'd make a great manager for a company. It fluctuates. Generally speaking I'm pretty smart and have been told so but don't tend to show it around certain people haha. With family especially I'm extremely laid back and don't think much so I probably come off as in my own world.

Sirfetch’d

I believe I am intelligent and have the learning capabilities to succeed at anything put in front of me. That said, I don't necessarily consider myself super "book smart". There is a lot I passed up on learning in school and outside of basic studies, did not do overly well at in college.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I got at least "Superior" scores in all three CEM Achievement Test subjects (which are probably only in my country): English, Science, and Math. That might mean I'm smart, but the person posting this is the same guy who can't solve a Rubik's cube.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My incredibly shitty memory capabilities kind of ruins any chance I have of being smart. I generally feel pretty dumb pretty often, and sometimes it makes me sad, heh c:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    My incredibly shitty memory capabilities kind of ruins any chance I have of being smart. I generally feel pretty dumb pretty often, and sometimes it makes me sad, heh c:

Says the chemist with a masters degree.

I'm not as smart as I thought I was when I was nine, but I'm not as stupid as I thought I was at sixteen. I think, overall, I'm a pretty good brainboy.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Title says all, so I won't thankfully torture you with the titles I made before.

Do you think you're smart? What makes you think so?

This is kinda tough. I'm eloquent and quite skilled in algebra, but common sense goes over my head sometimes, and occasionally I act without thinking.
    I may not be the smartest, but I know how to get work done, out of people who think they are smart (u know that right ;)), so in that sense, yeah I'm smart enough I guess.

Pika Pika :chu:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I think my parent's IQ's are at the very least above average, if not more. So I probably have a fairly high IQ. I haven't had it tested though.

I take advanced classes and receive above average grades on standardized testing. And make good grades... but I dont really think these reflect intelligence very well.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My family relies on me on 95% of stuff because I'm the one with the highest level of education. So, since my parents can't help my 8th grade sister with her algebra, she'll have to go to me when it comes to her schoolwork because I've mastered most of the stuff.

This would also go for any computer stuff as well. Apparently I am a God.

Back