• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eliminate one

Years
  • You have the ability to remove ONE and only ONE pokemon from existence, for whatever reason you want. Who are you eliminating?

Id eliminate Charizard in a heartbeat. Being overated plus all the special treatment gamefreak constantly gives it makes it easily my least favorite pokemon period.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Jynx.

She's the only Pokémon that had to get a redesign due to a real-life controversy, and shes still managed to be the creepiest Pokémon of them all due to how human-like she is. We might complain about humanoid animal starters, but Jynx was always there and she was the real monster all along.

Same goes for Smoochum in the case I can delete an entire line from existence. I want them gone.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Jynx.

Jynx's design and pretty much her existence as a Pokémon was always offensive to me, personally. Jynx has always been my least favorite Pokémon for a multitude of reasons, and not just because of her mediocre stats and the fact that several other Ice and Psychic-type Pokémon completely outclass her. Jynx's horrible physical defense even makes her borderline unusable. In fact, I'd go far as to say she's worse than Stonjourner, who shares a similar problem with her horrible Special Defense that even an Assault Vest in a Sandstorm can't save it from. Controversy definitely exists over what Jynx was supposed to be based upon. Many people argue that Jynx is based upon "ganguro," a fashion trend among Japanese girls that was popularized in the mid-1990s, characterized by a dark tan and makeup. However, whenever I look at the ganguro style, it looks nothing like Jynx. Hardly any of the girls have a similar body build to Jynx, nor do the girls ever portray themselves as dark as Jynx. It can also be argued that Jynx was designed shortly before the ganguro style became a thing. Everything that Bulbapedia tries to explain what Jynx is supposed to be based upon doesn't add up either.

Jynx is definitely not a Nordic Viking woman or goddess of the underworld Hel, as she doesn't have any type of European features and Europeans are never depicted as being that dark in any form of art or media. While Jynx could be based on a Yuki-onna, this might be true only in terms of lore. However, the basis in her appearance is a completely different story. Jynx is a weird Pokémon too. Of all Pokémon in the series, Jynx is supposedly the only one that other Pokémon can't understand. Other Pokémon can communicate with each other through their cries as mentioned in the game or by saying their names as shown in the anime, but Jynx is always depicted as using a language "similar to human speech" that only other Jynx can understand. This is even depicted in other side games such as Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, where it just has symbols for dialog. Jynx is also known to sing and sway her hips when she walks. Jynx's entire existence does not seem to be based upon anything in myth or popular culture. Instead, if you ask me, Jynx's entire existence, from her appearance and Pokédex entries, seems to be based upon Black women stereotypes.

Every time I saw Jynx move in the anime or wild such as walking around in the Crown Tundra, hear her cry, which is really weird, and just see her staring back at me with her big eyes and huge lips, I just feel creeped out. Jynx has absolutely no business looking that humanlike, especially as a Pokémon. They say that Pokémon like Kadabra, Yamask, Phantump, and so on were once human, but what about Jynx? While I understand plenty Pokémon have a human shape, which is even an egg group, Jynx's features look too human, all the way from her blonde weave, which looks worse on her than Alolan Dugtrio's blonde weave, all the way to that "dress" thing that she "wears." She even has obviously noticeable weird boob thingies on her chest. How is that appropriate? They changed Jynx's appearance to make her skin purple a long time ago, but it doesn't really do much to change Jynx's offensive design. Jynx is literally a Pokémon that is better off not either existing at all or at least have her design completely redone from the ground up. I've also never in my life ever heard anybody anywhere say that they were a Jynx fan, so I highly doubt she would be greatly missed if she was completely deleted from existence.

Tldr, jynx is pretty bad

What was the point of saying that and then quickly deleting your post? Was that meant to be a jab at the length of my post or something? I really don't understand why you would do that. If so, please don't do that again. If my post is too long for you to read, then don't read it. It's that simple.

Last edited:
    Years
  • What was the point of saying that and then quickly deleting your post? Was that meant to be a jab at the length of my post or something? I really don't understand why you would do that. If so, please don't do that again. If my post is too long for you to read, then don't read it. It's that simple.

Me deciding later that instead of quip, i should just ignore it, deleted it, and of course a moderator can just see it again. \/(-_-)\/

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The Tandemaus line because I consider it the dumbest design in the whole franchise. It's not even A Pokémon, but a group of rodents.

I imagine the story behind this thing be something like:
    Designer: Hey boss, got an idea for a new mouse Pokémon. What do you think?
    Boss: It's just a boring mouse, what can we do to make it special?
    Designer: Maybe we can copy-paste this mouse and make it two.
    Boss: Amazing! then copy-paste it one or two more times and we'll have its evolution.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Goodbye Eevee. All of a sudden there's space for 7 Pokémon more.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Probably Landorus. Hates its design: bad colors, a weird tail, a hat, and some clouds. Feels like three designs smooshed together. Prefers any Generation 9 design over this. (Would expand that, if not for Enamorus competing with it.)

Stunk up the competitive scene for ages too. Is not a competitive player, and thus not really affected by it (or fully aware of how present it was). Just seemed boring to use the same ugly Pokemon in the top tiers for the past...decade?

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    There are only a couple Pokemon I'd even consider removing, but I'll go with Incineroar.

That hurts my soul..... but I'd go with that ugly abomination known as Miltank. Like what the living HELL were they thinking. It's so gross, i hate it so much.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Luvdisc. Its entire gimmick, Heart Scale farming, is predicated on an awful game mechanic (requiring a random NPC to remind moves to your Pokémon) that thankfully has been removed from the games. There's literally no reason for it to exist, especially today, and it's so unusable in gameplay that it's otherwise another bland dex-filler of a fish. Unless this poor thing gets an evolution (hell I'd be fine with one like Dudunsparce because Dudunsparce is funny), I want it to be put out of its misery.

SquirmyWorm064

I’m weird :>
    Years
  • I'd get rid of Incineroar because Litten had so much potential of having an amazing starter line but no, Pokémon decided to suddenly turn it bipedal (I'm not hating on all bipedal Pokémon) and it just looks so ugly

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Idk, I don't really have any Pokemon I don't like that much.

Jynx maybe since it's a controversial Pokemon to say the least.

Flittle, maybe? It's way too tiny and I always bump right into that thing when walking.

The Tandemaus line because I consider it the dumbest design in the whole franchise. It's not even A Pokémon, but a group of rodents.

I imagine the story behind this thing be something like:
    Designer: Hey boss, got an idea for a new mouse Pokémon. What do you think?
    Boss: It's just a boring mouse, what can we do to make it special?
    Designer: Maybe we can copy-paste this mouse and make it two.
    Boss: Amazing! then copy-paste it one or two more times and we'll have its evolution.

I'm not very fond of Tandemaus myself, but it's a joke on the Japanese version of "breeding like rabbits", which uses mice / rats.

And in fact, Population Bomb is literally "Mouse Mathematics" in Japanese, since that's a common math problem.

"In January, there is a pair of mice. They copulate and bear twelve children. The next month, 7 pairs of mice copulate and bear twelve children respectively. How many mice are there in December?"

(The western version of this problem, usually attributed to Fibonacci, uses rabbits instead but is basically the same question. I have no idea why GameFreak went with a German theme though).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Nidoran F. Like, it baffles me they can't just combine Nidoran M and Nidoran F into one Pokemon already, so I'd just delete that entirely, and combine it to just be one Nidoran that has a branched evolution depending on its gender like it should have always been. But, other than that, I wouldn't delete any Pokemon, even ones that I hate.

I don't know, it's really stupid, I'd be fixing an issue that should have been corrected in Generation II, or have never been a thing at all. I know gender differences didn't exist until generation 4, but I've always found it weird that we have two Pokemon named Nidoran when they're the same Pokemon just one is male, and one is female.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Nidoran F. Like, it baffles me they can't just combine Nidoran M and Nidoran F into one Pokemon already, so I'd just delete that entirely, and combine it to just be one Nidoran that has a branched evolution depending on its gender like it should have always been. But, other than that, I wouldn't delete any Pokemon, even ones that I hate.

God I wholeheartedly agree with you. Hell, I'd make it so that both Nidoran lines were merged so that they're all the same Pokémon with gender and stat differences. Sadly, I don't think this'll ever happen for the sake of backwards compatibility and not screwing with the current National Dex order, as well as some fans not taking it lightly if the original 151 were to turn into the original 148.

Back