• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

espeon or umbreon

Espeon or Umbreon?

• Espeon

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Umbreon

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Sirfetch’d

Espeon has always been my favorite but Umbreon is really growing on me, especially it's shiny which is amazing.

Years
    Espeon is a top tier Pokémon, it's one of my all-time favourites. So sleek, refined, and beautiful, how can one not adore Espeon?

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    Espeon all the way! I was playing a ROM hack and remember the starter Eevee evolved into Espeon. It was soo cool! Also, it's got good speed and amazing special attack. It was also my sister's first shiny evolution when will i get a shiny so we have some memories with it.

Years
    False. Jolteon is the true god.

All kidding aside, if I had to choose between the two, I'd pick Umbreon. It may not hit as hard as its Psychic sibling, but it can sure take quite a beating with them monstrous Def & Sp. Def stats. Me likey.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    Umbreon since i'm a canine lover as it looks more than a canine than Espeon, Espeon looks too much like a cat (even thought i like cats too now, but canines more, and yeah i know they have fennec ears so they have SOME canine DNA in them), that explains why Espeons are rare in my army of eeveeutions is games (but yeah i named one female Espeon after the HB feline character - Cleocatra)

Also Gallade/Gardevoir/Alakazam works better as an psychic type than Espeon IMHO

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    I love them both but way prefer Umbreon. I like to think of him as the OG dark Pokémon, the original mascot for the type.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Slightly Espeon because it's cuter

Years
    espeon tbh even though umbreon has the superior color aesthetic
    except when we're talking shinies then umbreon all the way

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Between the two, I choose Espeon, as it's cute and strong, and has a great hidden ability. Magic Bounce. I find Umbreon annoying, overrated, and not cute at all.

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
    For now, Umbreon. Although truth be told, my favorite tends to change a lot depending on my whims lol. Some days I like Espeon more, some days I like other Eeveelutions more.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I didn't vote as I literally can't choose between them. If there weren't so many other Pokémon I need to use I think on my next play through of HeartGold I'd use both. In my last three playthroughs in 2013, 2016 and 2017 I used Umbreon, no Eeveelution, and Espeon respectively and I can't pick a favourite out of those saves.
    I had a fascination with Espeon from a shiny card I saw when I was younger, so that would maybe be the clincher, the only reason I used Umbreon first was because of the nature of the Eevee.

Back