• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everybody lies

Years
    About as far as I can throw them, which would be like, a great distance of 12 inches.

I often tell myself not to trust individuals so easily as to not hurt myself in the long-run, but I eventually give them the benefit of the doubt. That comes with a hefty price of if you break my trust once, it's extremely difficult to earn it back and I'll be sceptical of everything that you may or may not do. Sometimes I'll break the friendship off entirely if the trust has been broken and I don't see enough incentive to keep them around.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I'm too much of a trusting person, and I'm too much of a forgiver as well if one breaks that trust. Although, I don't trust people I met on the streets willy nilly.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Usually, it's trustworthy until proven otherwise for me. From first impressions and what they say early on, it's easy to tell if they're full of shit. But for the most part, people I've encountered aren't like that so I have no reason to be initially skeptical.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I don't know about anyone else, but when I first meet someone my first instinct isn't to think about how much I trust them. Trust is for friends. Why would I need to trust someone I've just met? Why would the concept of trust even cross my mind?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    I don't know about anyone else, but when I first meet someone my first instinct isn't to think about how much I trust them. Trust is for friends. Why would I need to trust someone I've just met? Why would the concept of trust even cross my mind?

I guess I mean people you've recently become friends or at least acquaintances with, and how quickly it takes you to trust that person. My OP was a lot longer than now but I felt like I was boring people so I cut it down to the essential bits.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I mean, if I'm walking alone at night and a guy dressed like a thug comes out of nowhere and starts talking to me, obviously I'm going to be on high alert. But I don't go around thinking everyone is out to get me on a normal day. Trust isn't an issue or even concern at all when I get approached by most people. I have to have a reason - the way they dress, the way they act, the way they speak - to raise a flag and be concerned about trusting someone or not. I don't think "Can I trust this person?" if someone usually comes up and talks to me. I think "What do I say next?" and things like that.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Omg House ♥

I tend to be somewhat trusting but it entirely depends on the circumstance. If I'm casually meeting someone in a situation that leads to friendship or whatever and they have no reason to lie to me, I have no reason to believe they would. If the person is a professional of some kind and I'm using their services, again I'm trusting but that's more of an "I don't want to assume otherwise". If the person I'm meeting however is someone that could have a reason to lie or they appear shady etc, then I probably won't trust them!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    kinda depends. if i meet you at work i will eventually talk to you about myself, but i will never vocalize how i feel about other people at work because it's too dangerous should they say anything. if i meet someone at school it's a lot easier to trust them because like, who are they really going to tell? but regardless of where i meet you it comes with time. when i meet people who right off the bat start telling me super personal things my red flag is instantly triggered.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I have major trust issues, I don't even trust my best friend of a few years and she hates that I doubt her. It's going to be the death of me.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    The person I trust the least is myself.

You may now interpret that how ever you wish.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I have a habit of trusting people too soon. I try not to, but it's happens out of my control at times. Like, when I talk to someone... I feel it's hard to for me to tell whether I can trust them or not. So, in the end, I end up trusting that person anyway because failing to know whether or not I can... does that make sense? O_o

I do have some major trust issues though. So, it really depends on how nice the person is and how far they can go with just being friends with me.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I trust people until they give me a reason not to.

It depends with what I'm trusting people with, of course, but that's my general thought process. I wouldn't trust some guy I just met to deliver something to my friend, for instance, but if someone tells me that they need to borrow my cell phone to make a quick call, I'll generally let them use it. Of course, I have a dumbphone, so I don't have to worry about people stealing it anyway, haha.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i actually tend to instill everyone with this sort of... untouchable integrity. i'm a pretty open person to begin with and i try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt from the beginning.

i'd say i'm pretty trusting (especially if i like you) unless you give me a reason not to be.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I don't really trust people that I just met, not until I've gotten to know them better, but I have met a handful of people who are just so easy to trust. It's like I just met them, and suddenly I find myself talking about my deepest, darkest secrets. And I'm not a very open or trusting person, so I certainly would not have done that if I had been in control of the situation, but there's something about those certain people that made me talk about things I normally would not have said. It's creepy.

Back