• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Grass Starter?

Which Grass type Starter?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Treecko

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Snivy

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Chespin

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • The same one as with Fire type. We all know there are people who always choose grass types on their journey. In most games they give you major advantage over first gyms. Some of them have awesome strategic moves that can ensure your chances of winning. Which one would you choose and why? Which is your favorite?

I rarely pick grass starters on my games, but when I do, I would love to pick Treecko. It's final evolution has a mega-evo, and has huge variety of moves.

Years
  • Grass is the starter type I find myself choosing the least, but that's not to say I have my fair share of fave Grass starters. I voted for Snivy as my fave because Unova definitely has one of the best-looking trios, and it does a great show of smug and cute all in one.

Other ones I like aethestically, Chespin and Chikorita. Along with the only Kanto starter I somehow like a lot, Bulbasaur.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Snivy's probably the only grass starter that I've actually liked. I just love the whole "smug" look thing it's got going. I've never been much of a grass-type fan otherwise, so the other's don't appeal to me.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • I have to go with the classic pick here. I never played the original Red / Blue games, but I did grow up watching the original anime series. I always liked Ash's Bulbasaur and it inspired me to choose Bulbasaur when I got FireRed. I was not disappointed by my choice. I also find him to be the most unique starter, being the only starter to be dual-type in his first form. I also really like his evolutions. Venusaur for life!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mine is Treecko, due to not having much of a complicated design. Second is Bulbasaur, all because of similar reasons.

Years
  • I think Snivy gets my vote here. Serperior looks really cool, and despite its lackluster attacking stats it does have good defenses too, and speed (oddly for a Grass-type). I like when I get the chance to use it, and maybe sometime i'll try that Contrary set. The others I like too, just not as much as Snivy.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Bulbasaur. I've looked at other pokes and I found that Bulbasaur's line has the most versatile and appealing of all movesets among the grass starters. It can learn a variety of moves and be built into a variety of roles that a team needs. A Special Sun Sweeper with Sleep Powder? Yep. An unusual tank thanks to its Mega Evolution and the ability Thick Fat? Yep. Can be a specially defensive support with spreading of Status moves? Yep. A stall crazy wall especially under the sun with Synthesis and Chlorophyll? Yep.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • Treecko for me since Ash's Treecko was such a badass. :D

Also Sceptile look really cool & it's speed stat is high af.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Treecko w/Pound was the first to break the cookie-cutter Tackle starting move iirc, idk why that stands out to me, but yeah that'll prob be the deciding factor haha

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Bulbasaur > Treecko, but Sceptile > Venusaur, and it gets a Dragon-type Mega, so Treecko won the battle by a hair here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    This one is easily Bulbasaur for me. I think Ivysaur is one of the best designed Pokemon, but besides that I consistently like all the designs of the line. I've always found that it's a great grass type to use even if you're someone who isn't fond of grass types and their weaknesses.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • My favorite grass starter is Turtwig because I like turtles in general. I especially like its final evolution form because I could imagine myself relaxing on top of it during the afternoon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My pick is Treecko. I don't really like it's design much but it is one of the fastest Grass types out there. It's evolutions are great as well and I can't wait to get it's mega stone and try out Mega Sceptile. I don't really like most other grass type starters, but the Bulbasaur line is a close second due to it's tanking abilities and Mega Venusaur.

Back