• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite middle stage starter

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Votes for Torracat. Beats any other Pokemon introduced in Alola. Selects Ivysaur and Wartortle for second and third.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Favorite middle stage starter

Torracat is arguably the coolest Gen 7 design, Dewott honestly makes me not want to evolve it (I had a level 99 Dewott on my first Gen 5 run. It wasn't 100 just in case I needed to fill my dex) and Pignite honestly looks real cute outside of the 3D model. It's chonky and friendly and should've been a Ground-type.

Years
  • Dewott is probably the only middle stage starter that I never want to evolve. Samurott is just a big downgrade from that.

Bayleef and Croconaw are also really cool.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2021
    It's obviously Raboot. I love the emo Pokémon which means Drizzile is also very cool but Raboot is just too cute.

Years
  • wow uh this is hard

there are a few that i like a TON like quilava (really underrated, imo) and wartortle, but i'm going to go with ivysaur, here. :x

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Drizzile, Quilava, Bayleef, Wartortle, and Charmeleon are my top five

Years
  • torracat, wartortle, combusken?????, thwackey????, ivysaur, raboot, dewott???

question marks mean "i have no idea how i love these so much"

wait no don't forget bayleef!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Ivysaur, Wartortle, Quilava, Bayleef, and Grovyle are the best forms in their evolutionary lines imo.

Years
  • Thwackey for me! I don't know why, but it's easily my favourite of all the mid-stage starters by far. Something about the design speaks to me. I was actually a bit bummed when mine evolved.

Others I'm particularly fond of would be Quilava and Wartortle.

Years
  • Bayleef for me, Ivysaur, Frogadier and Grovyle are very close to Bayleef. I also really like Dewott, Pignite, Quilava, Monferno, Grotle and Croconaw.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    Glad to see the middle stage starters finally get some love. I'd honestly say I like most of them, especially when you consider they're supposed to represent the whole "awkward teenager in transition" concept; most of them do that very well. That being said, my favorites are:

1. Quilava
    2. Dewott
    3. Raboot

Honestly, I freaking love these three and think they're good enough to stand alone as final evolutions but are all made even better by their top forms. Also, shout out to Bayleef, monferno, grovyle, frogadier, torracat(better than icineroar IMO) and all the Kanto middle stages for being top notch.

Years
  • 1. Bayleef
    2. Torracat
    3. Quilava

First 2 are no brainers for me. Bayleef is cute and torracat is a cool cat (and I love cats) and much better than its evolution (they really messed up the final evo imo).
    3rd took me a while to decide, but Quilava is the only one I like enough to give 3rd place. It's cute, but not as good as the other 2 imo

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
    Years
  • Favorites of each reigon
    Kanto: Ivysaur
    Johto: Quilava
    Hoenn: Grovyle
    Sinnoh: Grotle (They are all pretty bad in my opinion but this one is the least bad)
    Unova: Dewott
    Kalos: Frogadier
    Alola: Dartrix
    Galar: Thwackey

Grass: Servine (I know I put Dewott as my favorite Unova one, okay?)
    Fire: Quilava
    Water: Dewott

1. Dewott
    2. Quilava
    3. Servine

Back