• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] First Katy, now Post Malone in virtual concert for Pokémon anniversary

First Katy, now Post Malone in virtual concert for Pokémon anniversary

First Katy, now Post Malone in virtual concert for Pokémon anniversary

He’s to feature in a virtual concert at the end of the month, prompting many to react “who asked for this?”. We’re not sure ourselves.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    so i know what the next game is now

game freak is finally gonna take a dramatic departure from the formula, and our next main series game will be one that takes place in a region where instead of battling, people engage in duets with their pokemon as the main form of competition. the player will be a young, up and coming singer who looks up to characters that will look very similar to Katy Perry and Post Malone (and will be voiced by them), who are the two most renowned musicians in the region. they will also ditch the two-version system, and we will get one version, titled "Pokemon: Idol Version"

because c'mon what else could this be pointing to, this is obviously what's gonna happen right??!?!?!?!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Is there a problem with this, though? I mean I know Katy Perry isn't the most child friendly singer but. idk who post malone is, but interesting, nonetheless.

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • I only have one question: why? xD

I don't understand what this has to do with pokemon. Are they gonna sing multiple pokémon songs? Will they be announcing anything? Talking about it? ><

The Fairy Pokémon

Loves glitter
    Years
  • I only have one question: why? xD

I don't understand what this has to do with pokemon. Are they gonna sing multiple pokémon songs? Will they be announcing anything? Talking about it? ><

Yeah, why? I don't get it either.

I'm getting curious about how this will turn out though. Post Malone is a very likeable guy imo, so who knows? It might be nice? :D

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • Yeah, why? I don't get it either.

I'm getting curious about how this will turn out though. Post Malone is a very likeable guy imo, so who knows? It might be nice? :D

Yeah, he definitely has the charm! =O
    But it looks like they're going to be turned into 3D models? I'm even more confused xD

They're gonna sing the openings together XD

Ngl, that'd be awesome

Oh, that would be cool, yeah! Like random opennings from season 1 to the last! Either that or PokeRap like there's no tomorrow xD

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    my only question is "but why?" lol

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
  • I mean I'm not sure Post Malone really fits the vibe of Pokemon but I also have mad respect for him as an artist so idc xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I hope they have some sort of announcements along with this concert. Always was neutral on Post Malone but he seems wholesome but with him and Katy Perry I'd say we have a solid lineup.

Years
  • I see people all over internet saking "what does this has to do with Pokémon?"
    First of all, we don't know yet, it's a concert their arranging. Second, does it has to be an integral part of a Pokémon game or something? Can't it just be a fun celebration with some Pokémon sprinkled on top? I would love that at least.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • What a weird world

I guess that's what makes it interesting ¯\_ʘ‿ʘ_/¯

Well but I have no idea what they're planning with these collabs with singers. Will they have another one next month?

Or maybe when they'll release a new game? These are the questions that come toy mind

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
  • Well but I have no idea what they're planning with these collabs with singers. Will they have another one next month?

Yeah lmao next month they'll reveal some other artist from another genre to the trend. I mean I'm down for a Pokemon theme with a killer Metal Solo in the middle :O

Years
  • so i know what the next game is now

game freak is finally gonna take a dramatic departure from the formula, and our next main series game will be one that takes place in a region where instead of battling, people engage in duets with their pokemon as the main form of competition. the player will be a young, up and coming singer who looks up to characters that will look very similar to Katy Perry and Post Malone (and will be voiced by them), who are the two most renowned musicians in the region. they will also ditch the two-version system, and we will get one version, titled "Pokemon: Idol Version"
    Honestly, if Game Freak don't blatantly lie to us about it (again), I'd buy that.

Last edited:

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • I see people all over internet saking "what does this has to do with Pokémon?"
    First of all, we don't know yet, it's a concert their arranging. Second, does it has to be an integral part of a Pokémon game or something? Can't it just be a fun celebration with some Pokémon sprinkled on top? I would love that at least.

I think it's because people are afraid that pokémon is becoming too commercial. Pokémon is slowly becoming a trend brand and this means it might start to appeal more to the superficial part of consumers instead of keeping its "magic ways" =O

Back