• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forks or Chopsticks?

Western Cutlery or Chopsticks?

• Western Cutlery (forks, knives, etc.)

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Chopsticks

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Both

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
Do you typically eat with western cutlery, chopsticks, or something else?

I personally try to each with chopsticks but there are just some foods where ain't nobody got time for that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Chopsticks, for sure! I prefer to use them whenever I can as I grew up using them, since I was raised in a Chinese household.

Last edited:
Years
Chopsticks are unnecessarily complicated and I have no idea why anyone who isn't culturally attached to the idea of them would ever use them over a fork.

Reactions: Nah

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
Chopsticks are unnecessarily complicated and I have no idea why anyone who isn't culturally attached to the idea of them would ever use them over a fork.

I mean I don't think that they're that complicated sure it's more than just "pick up and stab" but for things like noodle dishes I find them easier and western cutlery slowly destroys plates as well. :(

Edit: Also removing bones from things

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Both. Chopsticks are easy and cooler to use. Though I use a fork more often

Last edited:

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
I like to use both.

I mean I don't think that they're that complicated sure it's more than just "pick up and stab" but for things like noodle dishes I find them easier and western cutlery slowly destroys plates as well. :(
Chopsticks can pick up or stab food items. Every once in a while there's something akin to a slippery dumpling that is the right size to pick up to yet to difficult to grasp so impaling it is the best option. Western cutlery will only damage a plate if to much force is used, so cut with care.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I only use chopsticks if I'm out at an asian restaurant, which is every couple months.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
It depends on what I'm eating. I enjoy using both, but some things are better suited for a fork/knife/spoon and some are better for chopsticks.

I really wish all restaurants had chopsticks though. Sharing appetizers with a bunch of little bite-sized pieces would be so much better with chopsticks than awkwardly picking stuff up with forks and less messy than picking it up with your hands. :(

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
I prefer western, but chopsticks are pretty cool. It's nice that they differ in usage, letting chopsticks remain relevant.

ErM

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 9, 2018
This definitely depends on your meal. SOme foods are more suited to chopsticks while others are very difficult to eat that way. The same can be said of forks.

She

is home
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 12, 2018
For me it depends on my mood, if I'm lazy, I'll use fork and when I'm not, I'll use chopstick even when eating rice.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I'm gonna be honnest, I voted chopsticks but that was before I read the thread. Yeah. So I guess in an everyday, it's forks and stuff. But if I'm eating Sushis or noddles, I prefer chopsticks. I own both of the answers.

Back