• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*gasp* A new theme from Mork!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • Wow I really like this! Way more than I thought I'd like any style that wasn't Pichu2 lol. I might use this one for a while and see how it goes :)

It looks very TRON-esque XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Amazingly beautiful theme, that I will use after I get bored of New Directions. The colors flow really well and the back drop is just plain beautiful.

Years
  • Well done Morkula, Elesa is my fave Gym Leader of all time cos she's got total girl power, she's the first female Electric Gym Leader and her Emolga is so cute!

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I can't say I would figured you, Geoff, to make a theme, let alone three! Although I must admit that it's a bit too bright for my tastes, it is a good theme. Good job from you and Gavin.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, it's the tables. I'm just used to having everything on my style relatively dark, lol.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I love this theme. The background adds to that futuristic look, which makes it amazing.

Wonderful job, Mork and Gav!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Excellent job to Gavin and Forkula on a nice theme! But I can't choose between new directions and this. ;-;

Same here. ;__; I like that this theme is fairly dark compared to the non-black versions of New Directions, though. :3 But Black ND is awesome too...Bah. >__<

Cid

Years
  • The backdrop looks really nice. 8D
    Everything looks so cool in this theme.
    Thanks for all the hard work in making something this awesome. :D

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • This style is really stunning :O
    As soon as I saw it, I was like, "GASP.. GONNA USE THAT STYLE NAO"
    and I changed straight away. The colour scheme is amazing and I'm really liking the neon-light-like things in the background. Once again, you guys have made another good style job~

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Mork, you sly dog you. When I sent you that mockup a couple of months ago it was for cheap laughs (though I really did want an Elesa theme XD), I never thought you'd actually take our little joke all the way and have a theme made for my birthday, hah. If it wasn't the middle of the night as I type this and I wasn't half-asleep, I'd probably be laughing hysterically.....or something. You are the solidest of bros, thanks for the best PC birthday ever XD

Infinite credit and props to Abnegation for the grunt work in this operation. If I could shower you in pizza and beer I'd give you so much that you wouldn't be able to wash the smell of pepperoni out of your hair for a month.

Just for reference, this is the abomination that I jokingly suggested that Mork turn into a theme:

I'm just pulsating with magnificently unbridled talent, aren't I?

I'm ROFLing at that mock-up right now. :cer_laugh: You even used that cute little spray-can effect from Microsoft Paint! (or some other similar image editor that features the same tool). I'm glad Emolga retains its cuteness. :3

I'm this town's Gym Leader. I'm also a model.

:P I think a variant of this theme should be the original mock-up.

THIS THIS THIS. Fully support!

This style is really stunning :O
    As soon as I saw it, I was like, "GASP.. GONNA USE THAT STYLE NAO"
    and I changed straight away. The colour scheme is amazing and I'm really liking the neon-light-like things in the background. Once again, you guys have made another good style job~

This. After having been away from PokeCommunity for some weeks, when I visited and saw the "Nimbasa's Shining Beauty" style as PokeCommunity's default theme on "SOPA/PIPA Protest Day (January 2012)", I was floored (and upset that the blackout bar "censored" Elesa for a while that day). As a few others have said, the resemblance wonderfully exudes a TRON: Legacy-esque sensation with its sleek, futuristic look - which also happens to tie in with Elesa's type specialty and the legendary Pokemon Zekrom. The "hot thread" envelope icons are also a nice touch.

I'm actually torn on whether to switch to this from the "Route 167" style...I kind of want to save this one for the time I actually get a Generation 5 game, in which I'll probably use "Nimbasa's Shining Beauty" in conjunction with another BW-related style like "Stand Nexus" or something. But yeah, amazing job to everyone involved with this style. *mesmerized by the style's futuristic background yet again*

*Strangely, during "SOPA/PIPA Protest Day", my default style (Route 167) lacked the "Stop Censorship" blackout bar while "Nimbasa's Shining Beauty" retained it, unforunately obscuring Elesa in the process. Come today, and I finally see "Nimbasa's Shining Beauty" in its full glory with Elesa, while "Route 167" accidentally retains the blackout bar due to an amusing oversight. Weird...

Years
  • Just for reference, this is the abomination that I jokingly suggested that Mork turn into a theme:

I'm just pulsating with magnificently unbridled talent, aren't I?

This skin isn't really my type, so I won't be using it, but I just had to post appreciation for that "wild n00b appeared! lol pokemon reference" topic in the NU/W of Kaga's image hahaha

Props to Morkula for turning that image into a theme though!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Giving the theme a spin for a week or so, I feel that this theme is probably what I'm going to like. Aside from the confusing thread status icons (there seems to be no difference between "unread, not posted" and "unread, posted at least once", as well as the "posted" dot being pretty much invisible), I think it's a great fit for PC, no?

Now, I wonder whether the MS Paint <7 edition will come out at all... XD

Edit: The icons for "I posted, unread" and "I haven't posted, unread" were flipped.

Last edited:
    Back