• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genders and whatnot.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    I'm sorry I know I'm making a lot of threads. I'm actually active for once, shocker I know. Anyways uhm. So. What's your gender? Just describe it here. If you have a gender different from female/male, say your pronouns.

I'm agender, which by google's definition means "Agender is an identity under the nonbinary and transgender umbrella terms. Agender individuals find that they have no gender identity, although some define this more as having a gender identity that is neutral."

My pronouns are they/their and I prefer to be called Skylar, but if you wanna call me by my username that's cool too, dudes. This may or may not be a controversial thread. I apologize.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Don't apologize for making lots of threads! We like the activity! :) But if you were making a bunch of advertising or spam threads, then I would demand an apology. ;)

Anyway, I'm genderfluid. For me personally, I go through pretty long periods of identifying one way or the other, but it's not anything I particularly stress over. Like I don't get angry getting misgendered or anything and I don't go out of my way to go by a different name (though when it comes to here, I prefer people calling me by whatever my username is, but that's just cause I spend a lot of time picking them out lol).

Figuring out that I'm genderfluid is more for me and not anyone else, idc what anyone calls me tbh. I was just happy to find a term that described what I felt all of my life and that's all I wanted, just something that I could identify with. I don't expect to be treated any different way and I would really prefer not to, so it's not really something I make a point to tell people.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I'm definitely Genderfluid as well, though and finding it was difficult. I still lean very feminine though...but only because that's the extreme I don't get to express much, so I guess it is just that way as a matter of balance.

In the end if you weigh it all, I actually net pretty neutral...I just prefer to identify myself as female in most cases as that's the most comfortable now. I tend to fluctuate faster than some do though, but my day-to-day identity is personal and only influences minor things like whether I feel like wearing makeup or not, when the situation allows. Overall I do feel like a girl, more feminine of center.

Years
    Default male although I'm not too sure what traits I have that are exclusively male. Obviously both men and women can share the same values, goals, interests, and other traits. I do identify with masculinity as a set of traits, however, where none of which singly defines masculinity but where a plurality of traits would indicate masculinity. At the end of the day I feel that sex is the strongest indicator of gender because there doesn't seem to be much exclusive to either masculinity or femininity, psychologically speaking. I guess that's why transitioning is so important to transgender people.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i am also agender! they/them pronouns are preferred, but he/him is fine too. :)

gender's been a thing for me. i'd been trying to conform to a female or male slot all my life, convinced i had to appear as a gender, with none of it ever feeling right to me no matter what. i spent a lot of years confused and undecided about my gender, but one day an epiphany just lit up. my comfort zone has always been in appearing genderless, which is exactly where i've settled.

now i'm very comfortable with myself and it's goooood.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I identify as male. It's what I'm used to, and I can't imagine me being female or anything, so yeah. I don't think that gender is really that important, as society puts way too much pressure to fit into either one. But still, I'm more comfortable identifying as a male.

Years
    I've always been straight female my whole life, even if some claim I'm not that feminine. I like being referred mainly by she/her pronouns if you are not aware already. Still doesn't stop me from doing occasional avatar genderbending on this forum hahahaha

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I'm male. I've always been male, I have the male parts. I might - if I had the opportunity and desire to - dress up once or twice in a dress or wear makeup during free time. However, at the end of the day I would still be a man regardless of what had occurred because that's just what I am.

pkmin3033

I suppose I'm agender, although that designation serves only as an answer to the question. It's the closest approximation. But I don't think of myself as agender, or gender neutral, or anything else for that matter. I don't define myself by my gender any more than I do my hair colour, or my height and weight. Gender, for me at least, is an aspect of my physical appearance, not something that defines my personality or anything else. I don't have pronouns or anything like that.

Other people give me pronouns, or make judgements about me based on my physical appearance, but that's their business. Personally, I don't really care about it. It's a label other people give me, not one I assign to myself or accept. I am an individual, not a gender.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I'm a male who identifies with his/him/he pronouns. Pretty simple for me tbh

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    straight cis male here. this is a boring post. I've thought about my gender identity a Minimal amount but when I do I usually just settle on that. it's not a huge deal to me, though.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    My gender identity is male, and I go by male pronouns.

Gender was something that I spent a long time thinking about, given that my idea of it just didn't fit how I was feeling growing up. When I finally learned that there's such a thing as transgender, it was a weight lifted off me. So really, my gender identity is FTM trans, but I've always thought of my gender as male anyhow.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    im a male and i really don't think about my gender much nor have i ever questioned it

ElCabron

Su Cabronito!
    Years
    I'm a he; no doubts about it. Even with all the problems as my sexuality, I'm still a boy and never really thought much about it. It's also funny, because I know when I come out everyone will believe I'm playing or I have decided to be it. Because I have always "male", by looks, personality, preferences, etc. So there's no doubt about what you should use to refer to me: He/him and that's about it. Never really gave much thought about it. Only once I have those "what if" thoughts, but I end up satisified which what I am.

Years
    I'm Agender, please use He/Him pronouns for me!
    I honestly thought I was Bigender for a while, but thinking about it more I feel Agender fits better.

Back