• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genders and whatnot.

Years
  • You can be. I'm basically aromantic heterosexual myself; I have a sex drive but no desire to enter a romantic relationship. While romance and sex often go together (people generally want to have sex with people they have feelings for), you don't necessarily have to have one to have the other. **** buddies and hookers are things.

That's probably a poor explanation, but when we have all these different nuanced gender and sexuality identities, I don't think that aromantic hetero/homo/bi/sexual is unfeasible.

Doesn't not having desire to enter a romantic relationship just mean that you're not looking for a relationship? Aromantic implies that you don't feel romantic attraction to people at all, at least that's what I think word should mean, a la asexual, amoral, atheism, asymmetry.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Doesn't not having desire to enter a romantic relationship just mean that you're not looking for a relationship? Aromantic implies that you don't feel romantic attraction to people at all, at least that's what I think word should mean, a la asexual, amoral, atheism, asymmetry.
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Cismale, he/him, although I do have some feminine tendencies here and there. :)

Sir Codin

As much as I hate to give myself any of these weird labels, most of which sound made up on the spot, I do have to say that "aromantic heterosexual cisgender male" describes me pretty well. Somewhat.

I do want to be somewhat romantic in a relationship, but I don't ever want to get married. Not like I really give too much of a ****, but is there a term for that?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm just a female. There's not much more I can really say about it? XD I'm also bisexual, and I'm one of those types who doesn't care what someone is as well. ^^ I do lean sometimes towards being boyish, but it doesn't affect my gender much in any way. I'm very happy being female because it's something I'm comfortable with.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • I'm a cis girl and use she/her pronouns. I've definitely... thought about it and explored my gender though, to say the least...! I do think I'm pretty gender nonconforming, however. I have some feminine features but a lot of my mannerisms are considered masculine and internally I feel more masculine than feminine.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • No but, I prefer to go as just something. I really don't see the point of displaying a gender on the internet, and I personally get a kick out of being called some genderless or inanimate object or being. I simply see a tagged gender as unwanted attention (I've gotten needless PMs based on whatever I was...). Therefore, I'm a broom.
    You know, this clears up a lot of confusion I have about myself. Would you mind if I, too, became a broom?

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Im trisexual and trigender. I identify as trident.

stick a fork in me, i'm done.

I genuinely am curious about the high (~40%!) ratio of posters here as opposed to absolutely anywhere other community/group I've been involved in when it comes to like, gender = / = initial sex at birth. irl I've never actually met anyone who doesn't identify as their initial sex at birth. Does that mean nobody here is openly trans etc?

I don't know how the ratio is so particularly high for a place where Pokémon is the theme of the forum. It's interesting tho. I'm a pretty boring response on the gender front, I identify as male and always have.

Blurryface

Cheer up, baby.
    Years
  • I'm pretty much female and male. I have both traits that are pretty balanced most of the time. I don't usually care for pronouns, but usually I prefer she/her irl to spare people the "confusing" explanation. Anywhere else, I don't care. I do tell some people to use he/him pronouns but eh.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Im a straight male. People seem to be putting sexuality, so I will too haha. I guess this makes me cis-gendered then because I identify as the gender I was born as? (Im not exactly up to date on this new terminology, and honestly, dont really care- just do whatever you want!)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Yeah, I know, I was just kidding too. And also don't my comment seriously as well XD.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Fluid like water ;) I don't care about pronouns as long as I know you're referring to me.

Thinking about this kind of stuff is like so hard like you know like my head hurts omg like I can't like I just can't.

Back