• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celebration: Happy 17th Birthday, PokéCommunity!

Years
  • Yep, you read that title correctly, today is indeed the 17th birthday of this forum! This place was founded by Master Kwesi Nkromah back on October 16, 2002 as a hub for various fansites - at one point or another we were affiliated with Pokémon Palace Network, Alakazam's Pokemon Cheats and Codes, Pokémon Safari, #free_pokemon, Victory Road, Seafoam Islands, The Unknown Dungeon, Zapchu Evolution, and Total Pokémon.

Quite a feat to be able to make it to 17 years! And here's to hoping to a lot more.

In honor of this birthday, what are some of your favorite memories of this place? Can be anything, big or small!

Years
  • Happy birthday PC!! You've changed my life so much and I'd be in a totally different place without you. Seriously, thank you. Here's to 1, 5, 10, 17 more years. <3

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    First of all, Happy Birthday PokéCommunity! 😊
    I still consider myself quite a new member (I joined just three years ago and I'm 19 currently... this website is almost as old as me) but it has been a very nice stay so far! The people I've known here are just amazing~
    Although I can't deny I still feel like a kid in here. You know, unexperienced at times, maybe a bit too annoying or even too 'reserved'... but I hope I can improve on that. Just... I'm still not comfortable with sharing some personal informations, and I have to be careful not to do that by error!
    Some of my favourite memories so far... well, the Get Together of 2017! I was in Gloria and we won! But also scrolling through all of those Essentials map designs, resources, scripts, and finished projects! Right now I'm trying my hand at roleplaying and it's also quite fun so... yes, here's to hope PC continues like this.

And before I forget, a shootout to Janna for keeping this community going! And for being a great friend too c:
    Edit: oh hi Janna *looks up*

Last edited:
    Years
  • to say that this place has changed my life in more ways than i can think of probably wouldn't be getting the meaning across enough. im honestly thankful for the friends and memories that i've made here, and hopefully PC makes it for many more years to come! n.n

Years
  • I've spent my entire adult life on PC (and about 90% of that time as a mod) as an active member so far, so to say that PC hasn't made an impact on my life is a complete understatement. I've been here for almost 10 years now, and have been through ups and downs in my life, but PC has always been one of the best aspects of it.

Congratulations on hitting the 17-year mark, and here's to 17 more years of the best community online I have ever been a part of. <3

Last edited:

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I went off and on from time to time, even deleted my account only to come back lmao

PC definetly made a huge impact on my life, from the very beginnings on Trade Corner till the current shitposting fiesta in Forum Games and Off-Topic

happ bday PC

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I've only been active on this place for the last couple of months, to follow the ROM hacking scene. It's been a great time so far. Happy birthday!

Years
  • PC has quite a history for a Pokemon forum. I joined when I was 16 and now I am 26, so it's been a big part of my life!

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Whoa there, happy birthday PC!!! 🥳🥳🥳

I'm pretty much a noob here, yet already enjoyed stuffs PC offers (mainly the challenges section, though I do hang out at the fangames section every now and then). Thanks, folks. 😌

Cid

Years
  • This is a bit random for a favorite memory, but using a Ground-type team for a Gen 5 Monotype tournament, back when PC's Showdown server was super active, comes to mind. I didn't even win that one, but I remember having so much fun.

That time of me being in PC (I think that was 2012-2013?), as well as my first few years here, I still look back to fondly. I miss the friends who have gone on to live their lives, but I'm glad this place is still here-- 17 years strong, for them to come back to, if they ever wanted to.

Even when you leave, PC never really leaves you.

Happy birthday, PC.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Wowzers, I have no idea that my first ever forum that I joined has been here for pretty long now! Here's for more years at PC, and happy birthday! o/

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Aaaaah, Happy Birthday, PC!!

This place has changed my life too, I was a very, completely different person when I joined.

I was barely in high school, so this place has been with me for what's almost half my life, and all of my teen and adult years that have mattered the most!

It's been a pleasure to stay here, and keep coming back, and see all of the changes, and all of members that have come and gone.

Here's to way more years of PC. :>

Years
  • Happy Birthday PC!

I know I'm not exactly around anymore, but this was my hangout spot when I was a teenager who couldn't make friends*. I can't name anyone I knew in high school, but I remember people I spoke to here, even now. Spent sooooo many late nights just hanging out here or chatting with members on MSN... y'all made my teenage years not suck.

I'm forever grateful for this place. Here's to many more years!

*I still can't make friends shhhhhhh

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • aw, happy birthday pc <3 this has been my home basically since i started using the internet and i really don't know what my life would be like without all my experiences here! im glad we're still around~

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Man, I'm always a day late to every awesome anniversary. Love ya, PC, wouldn't be who I am today without you. ( ˘ ³˘)♡

Years
  • Happy birthday to PC, a website that made me happy more than once.

It is thanks to a certain ROM hack that I discovered PC, the first ROM hack I ever played. I don't remember its name, but I reached the point where the hack ends in Fuchsia City and as such I was looking for an updated version.
    It is then that I found myself in PC, and within PC I found several ROM hacks and fan-made games.
    It is also thanks to PC that I engaged, myself, into a splendid experience of ROM hacking where I learned a lot of stuff.

Thank you PC for letting me view Pokémon games from a whole different angle!
    Happy 17th Birthday, PokéCommunity!

Here is one of my oldest posts in this community (February 2013). Oh boy! It has been quite a while.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Happy Birthday, PokéCommunity!!! Really don't know where I would be if it wasn't for hearing about ROM hacks and Pokémon Shiny Gold back in late 2007. ^^;

PC really has changed my life for the better, it opened me to all kinds of different possibilities, and even opened me up to people completely! It was the very first place where I created an account on. x3 Certainly had never created an account on any site up until January 2008 with PC, once that happened, my life became far more positive, everyone taught me very well, changed me into a very loving, caring, supportive and helpful person, which was something that I never was long ago~ ^^

Once again, thank you everyone, thank you PC! And here's to another many positive years ahead for PC! Yay! ^^

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Whoa, it's PokeCommunity's birthday! Happy birthday, PC!🤗 I owe you a lot of things! A superb community, a newspaper, ROM Hacks, Fan Fictions, bla bla and lot's of fun with everyone here. To be honest, you're as old as me now, which makes it feel even better! All of you, do rejoice on this jolly good day!

Umm, also this: To find good and joyful people here with the same interest is really awesome. This is also my first ever forum. Extremely exhilarated, have a good day, reader!

Last edited:
    Back