• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Have you completed the Hoenn Regional Dex?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    So, I've been going for a Pokedex completion in Omega Ruby. It's a lot of work just completing the Regional Dex!

Have you completed the Hoenn Regional Dex? If you have, about how long did it take you to complete it? Were there any Pokemon that you found particularly difficult to get?

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It took me 5 days to complete hoen dex just because some of them are need of trading. @.@

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    Like what's to be expected from me, I never managed to complete the Dex. I don't have a second system or the right wi-fi, so that's why trading wasn't possible for me here.

Mooples

Lulu
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2015
    Took me a couple weeks to complete my Hoenn dex, just because of laziness. I'm working on my national dex now.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    It took maybe a little less than a year. I got most of it done by filling out the DexNav feature. I started evolving and breeding a few Pokemon a week to fill in the rest of the Hoenn Dex. Pokemon that needed to be traded, I got from the GTS by trading away Sylveons. They're pretty popular, even though they're not all that hard to get honestly.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    I completed it in about...a couple of months? I held off on doing it for so long because of laziness really. Thank you Pokemon Bank and having friends who can help me out.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
    Completed it a few days ago. Though most of the time I wasn't trying, wasn't till a week or so ago I actually worked on completing it. Jirachi was the hard one for me. Now working on National Dex.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've completed it for less than a day upon starting my game. >:) That was because of my PokéBank subscription's help. :P Otherwise I'd be scratching my head from collecting all the Pokémon. It felt great, I could focus completely on the adventure. :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I'm getting there, slowly but surely~ I've caught all the Hoenn Pokemon that there are to catch in both OR and AS, now I just need to evolve them. 153 down, 58 to go ^^

Years
    With my main Omega Ruby, I don't remember the day I completed the Hoenn Pokédex exactly, but I already completed the National Pokédex. I got that on May 4th, although it wasn't quite as exciting when I got it in X without Bank.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I don't think I've completed any Regional Dex let alone Hoenn. I think I've filled it up a considerable amount in Alpha Sapphire, it is something I would like to achieve.

Raichulover123

The Mouse Pokèmon
    Years
    So, I've been going for a Pokedex completion in Omega Ruby. It's a lot of work just completing the Regional Dex!

Have you completed the Hoenn Regional Dex? If you have, about how long did it take you to complete it? Were there any Pokemon that you found particularly difficult to get?
    No, I have both OR and AS and all I need is Jirachi and Groudon.

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    No, I have both OR and AS and all I need is Jirachi and Groudon.

Nice, you're so close :D Do you already have a Jirachi and Groudon in another game?

There's probably going to be an OR/AS Wi-Fi event for Jirachi some time in the near future--Japan got one this year, so I'm pretty confident there will be a Jirachi event in the rest of the world as well. At least I hope, Jirachi is one of my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to have one (not to mention I need it to complete the Dex haha) ^_^

Raichulover123

The Mouse Pokèmon
    Years

Nice, you're so close :D Do you already have a Jirachi and Groudon in another game?

There's probably going to be an OR/AS Wi-Fi event for Jirachi some time in the near future--Japan got one this year, so I'm pretty confident there will be a Jirachi event in the rest of the world as well. At least I hope, Jirachi is one of my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to have one (not to mention I need it to complete the Dex haha) ^_^

I dont have Groudon or Jirachi on another game, I dont have another system either. Also it's pretty cool to hear thatntheir probably gonna be doing a Jirachi event! :)

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Yes, yes I have. I have also completed the National Dex. I love me that Shiny Charm!
    It's the first one that I've completed since Red and then Silver.

Lucky you! I really want that shiny charm. It's my primary motivation for trying to complete the dex :3

I dont have Groudon or Jirachi on another game, I dont have another system either. Also it's pretty cool to hear thatntheir probably gonna be doing a Jirachi event! :)

Yea! I'm optimistic about it, at least. It's just speculation on my part though, so don't quote me on that :P

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Yes, I have! The National Dex, too! I completed a live Dex (every single Pokémon, all 718) in my Bank when XY came out so I just transferred it from there... Honestly, it does sort of take the fun out of completing a Dex because it's so easy. Maybe I'll try to upgrade it to a live Dex of Pokémon with all their Hidden Abilities...

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
    Yes, I have completed the Hoenn Regional Dex! I worked on the project just a few months ago, during summer, and it took about 2-3 months iirc.

Though, to be fair, I wasn't exactly dedicated to it every day; I would just work on it a little here and there, and I eventually reached my goal. I had a lot of Pokemon in my Bank from competitive breeding and etc, so completing the Dex was easier for me than it could have been. I was relieved, haha.

The most difficult Pokemon to get was definitely Arceus. I couldn't get a trade on the GTS, and it was a few days until I finally arranged a trade with someone who had Arceus.

Back