• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holidays/Vacations

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Worst holiday were the two that I had dogs die on when I wasn't home. It was really sad, but one of them was really old and it would have happened anyway. Another was the time I got really sick for Christmas, I couldn't talk at all. I usually get sick on holidays but this was something else.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Hard to pick a favorite holiday. Probably Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I'd like to go on vacation to several places. I'd like to roadtrip through the US, I'd like to go to NYC again, and I would like to travel the west coast. Out of the country, I want to visit Japan mostly because I simply love their architecture and I would love to tour some of the castles. I'd also like to travel to Germany and see where my mother was born and raised.

Years
  • Christmas.

... I'm being legit. No other holiday has brought me joy and comfort than Christmas. I feel like it's the one relaxing holiday because most people are in that "giving/being nice" spirit and all.

Sad to say that I don't have the opportunity to travel much. It's something I want to do in the near future, though.

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • My worst holiday/vacation was the week I spent in Blackpool where I never got to go on the ride I really wanted to go on. The best would be Iceland last year

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i love christmas and new years a lot. i have a lot of fond memories of these holidays.

i also love halloween, but i've had two bad incidents on this holiday. when i was a freshman in high school, a friend of mine and i were almost fucking kidnapped. it was one of the scariest moments of my life. and then in senior year, another friend of mine committed suicide. i've always loved this holiday, but in recent years it's just made me worry about what bad thing is going to happen.

Years
  • Favourite Holiday: When I was eight I went on a small roadtrip with my mum and sister. Did some small camping, saw the whaling museum and did a tree top walk that is one of my few positive experiences with heights. It was especially nice because we weren't accompanied by my grandmother who always mad trips hell.

Holiday Nightmare: Hong Kong. The city is awful, the transport is awful, the attractions are awful. Then on the plane ride home I got food poisoning bad enough that it required an ER trip via ambulance and I was still feeling queasy for the next week.

Holiday I Want: I honestly don't like travel at all, but I'd love to visit the Philippines to see Chura and where she lives.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I guess my favorite vacations are the times when I went camping. I haven't gone in a very long time, but I would like to at some point.

I don't really have the kind of money to travel very far, but I think it would be interesting to go to some other country one day. It's just that if I go to a country that mostly speaks some language other than English, I would prefer to be fluent in their language, otherwise it just doesn't feel right.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Never really traveled a lot, but my favorite has been Dublin without doubts, I went with my school there last year.
    Really cool city: lots of places to go, lots of monuments, nice people, what more could you ask for?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm going to the Grand Canyon a week after Christmas :)

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Worst holiday was a school trip to Granada a few years ago, when I got into a huge fight with a now-ex-friend for the entire week. As it turned out, there was no other reason the conflict got so heated than that she just wanted to be angry. Glad to be rid of that bitch now.

It's a shame I really looked forward to that trip back then. It's still the one trip I have to redo, hopefully next month I get the opportunity.

TY

I've been to France (more specifically Normandy) 3 times, was a really fun experience except that none of us could speak a tiny bit of French.

idk where i want to go for a dream holiday yet tbh

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Holiday Nightmare: Hong Kong. The city is awful, the transport is awful, the attractions are awful. Then on the plane ride home I got food poisoning bad enough that it required an ER trip via ambulance and I was still feeling queasy for the next week.

Oh noo I just decided on going to Hong Kong in December for a wedding, is it really that bad? I get very mixed answers, some people really love it and some people just hate it.

My parents are from there but I've never been - my mom is in the "I hate Hong Kong" camp and she's always telling me how dirty and crowded it is there (she literally hasn't been back since I was born), so I never had much of a desire to go but I was finally talked into it for the wedding and I thought I should experience it at least once.

I'm not that excited for the city itself, but I've been looking for stuff to do there and I found some nice trails there that I'm looking forward to - I think the weather in December will be decent for hiking.

Years
  • Oh noo I just decided on going to Hong Kong in December for a wedding, is it really that bad? I get very mixed answers, some people really love it and some people just hate it.

My parents are from there but I've never been - my mom is in the "I hate Hong Kong" camp and she's always telling me how dirty and crowded it is there (she literally hasn't been back since I was born), so I never had much of a desire to go but I was finally talked into it for the wedding and I thought I should experience it at least once.

I'm not that excited for the city itself, but I've been looking for stuff to do there and I found some nice trails there that I'm looking forward to - I think the weather in December will be decent for hiking.

However much you like the people getting married, you don't like them enough. Your mum is right. Very right. The place is a hellscape. Ocean Park is the only thing there worth seeing imo.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    However much you like the people getting married, you don't like them enough. Your mum is right. Very right. The place is a hellscape. Ocean Park is the only thing there worth seeing imo.
    Holidays/Vacations

rip just got my ticket a few days ago, no going back now

It's only for 10 days, I think I'll survive :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I like Germany & Poland. People are good there and lots of fun places to visit.

Germany was a dream that turned into a nightmare, then a nightmarish dream.

I'd go again.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I went to Malaysia. That was an actual nightmare. There was so much poverty on display. I felt like an asshole just being there. My country had raped theirs, and I was still being taxied around and eating expensive food whilst the locals struggled each day. I hated being there; it didn't feel right.

Back