• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How are you with alcohol?

User19sq

I ask this as a guy who would've never posted a selfie here without a bottle or two in him prior. How are you at handling your poison? Are you a lightweight, or a seasoned veteran? Do you have any stories to tell about a night out with your buds?

I didn't categorize this under Serious because it's likely someone can tell funny anecdotes caused by drinking. That being said, it's perfectly okay to treat this topic with complete seriousness if you'd like.

Years
  • I, too, would not take a selfie unless completely plastered.

That said, I don't drink, and therefore take zero selfies. I don't mind others drinking, just be responsible and careful!

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i drink on occasion. i consider myself pretty hard to get drunk, and i also don't flinch when it comes to taking shots or drinking something with a high alcohol content. i used to be an alcoholic, though, so my relationship with drinking is pretty rocky. i have to drink with friends. i refuse to drink by myself for fear of spiraling.

Years
  • non-drinker over here. i'm literally saving myself because, with my personality, i firmly believe it's something i'll get addicted to if left unchecked. and nobody wants to hang out with an alcoholic. especially one with an already short fuse.

Years
  • I drink every now and then and, from what I can tell, I have a pretty reasonable tolerance. The answer is left vague though because I never drink to excess/drunkenness because that would be unsafe for me and everyone in my proximity. If I didn't like the way Rum tastes as much as I do, I would probably never touch liquor again honestly.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't think that even drunk I'd post a selfie

then the day after is pain... pure pain. But it would all be worth it apparently if I have to believe others
    Nah hangovers are never worth it, they're awful and no amount of buzz the night before makes it any better

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't drink and probably won't because I'm worried about not being able to handle even a single drop of it.

Also my parents always acted like alchohol is the most evil thing the world growing up. I know it's not, but they seem to act like it is.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't have issues with holding my liquor. I can drink quite a lot without feeling tipsy even, but I don't necessarily drink a lot. I've got a few whiskeys sitting around that I like to have a glass of every now and then after a rough night at work, but I don't go out of my way to get shitfaced anymore.

Years
  • I don't drink that often. But my slavic genes grant me huge alcohol tolerance, so when I'm out drinking, I can handle a lot.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I'm big on nursing my drinks because I do not have a high tolerance at all. Normally one drink will last me the whole night. Thankfully I'm the sleepy drunk type so the only thing I have to worry about is falling asleep when I'm drunk.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I usually don't drink but it's not like I have a hardline stance against alcohol. It's just that I usually only drink those very fruity drinks that are like 9 parts juice to one part alcohol and those don't show up very often.

I don't really do very well with bitter things. Probably for the best, all things considered.

Years
  • found out new years day that im hella lightweight, although i was drinking some pretty heavy alcohol that day. felt good being tipsy that's definitely my limit lol

that said, i rarely ever drink. special occasions only.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I don't drink alcohol. I tried it back shortly after I turned 21. I tried to keep an open mind, but it was all disgusting. The beer looked like urine and is what I imagine urine tastes like too lol, the fruity drink made me gag.

Ultimately I saw no reason whatsoever to work to acquire the taste. Alcohol has nothing of worth to offer for me, TBH.

Years
  • finally opened myself up to alcohol consumption last weekend during our company getaway bcs my gf convinced me.

i've found i can take about 15-17 shots (of whatever we were drinking i couldn't even tell) before i go completely off the wire. i don't know if that means i'm lightweight or anything, but it was pretty cool to literally still just be myself but have absolutely no inhibitions lmao i was talking to everyone about everything and it was a blast.

same sentiments as Angie though, strictly special occasions only. AND i'm making it a rule to myself to always have a huge supply of water nearby so i don't get too bad a hangover or anything.

Years
  • 15-17 shots and you just started drinking??? Must have been like whiteclaws or something otherwise, you may not be here. 😂 When I was 17 I got way too into drinking for a while and again when I turned 21, I worked at a pub so the bartenders loved getting me wasted during my shifts. Now I don't drink much though, I'll get some beer occasionally if the supermarket has a brewery stocked that I like. I am also down for single malt Scotch, however, and my go to is MacAllan 12, preferably with a cigar.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    i've found i can take about 15-17 shots (of whatever we were drinking i couldn't even tell) before i go completely off the wire. i don't know if that means i'm lightweight or anything, but it was pretty cool to literally still just be myself but have absolutely no inhibitions lmao i was talking to everyone about everything and it was a blast.
    Ask her what exactly it was you were drinking, because shots usually implies hard liquor and 15+ is not exactly a small number of shots so....

How fast did you do all those shots too?

Years
  • Ask her what exactly it was you were drinking, because shots usually implies hard liquor and 15+ is not exactly a small number of shots so....

How fast did you do all those shots too?

uh oh...

uhh i'd say around the span of 2-3 hours? we started in the pool and ended in the hotel room. is that bad?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    uh oh...

uhh i'd say around the span of 2-3 hours? we started in the pool and ended in the hotel room. is that bad?
    It's kind of hard for me to say and you'll have to take what I say with a grain of salt since while I do drink a lot, I'm not remotely an expert on the stuff and people have varying tolerances. If you said you pounded all that down in 30-45 minutes, that'd be concerning, and if you said you did that over the course of 6 hours, it wouldn't be concerning.

It's just that hard liquor is usually not the best place to start with alcohol because of the high alcohol content+doing it in shot format runs the risk of getting too much too fast, especially since you aren't fully aware of your limits yet. Like, not trying to scare anyone here but there's plenty of examples of drinking gone wrong in the world, and I doubt I'll ever truly forget the first time I overdid it in my early drinking days.

But if you haven't vomited and didn't get hungover, I guess you did alright (or like Figure said, were doing shots of something with lower alcohol content than usual).

Back