• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How are you with alcohol?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I can't drink. If I start I'll never stop, ya know? Addictive personality and predisposition to alcoholism.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • I'm primarily a social drinker, though I'll have a drink by myself on occasion. If I'm sick though then I tend to go through whiskey like crazy. I'd say I'm definitely not a lightweight. I've never been drunk or even felt the "buzz" that people talk about. I remember one party I was at, we were playing some drinking games and everyone had their beer cans while I had my own personal handle of vodka, somehow I was the only sober person by the end of the night. There was one time where I did feel the dizziness start to kick in, but still never felt that buzz or got full on drunk. Though I have enjoyed some of the drunk antics of my old friends.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't drink very often. Maybe one thing during a special birthday dinner or something of the like. If I ever drink at home it's normally just a glass or one small bottle that I might not even finish drinking because I drink so slowly that it normally gets too late and I get sleepy before I even finish. The one time I stayed away and managed a wine bottle's worth I got a little tipsy but that was about it before going to sleep and just sleeping it off no problem.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I don't drink often and I'm very much a lightweight. I've never been drunk. I stop after 1-2 drinks. I'm usually the designated driver if my friends want to go out and have a drink. That being said, I trusted one of my friends one time a few years ago when she said she could drive us back home. She started drifting between the lane. We got pulled over by a cop, but the cop believed my friend's story. My friend claimed it was windy and causing her to drift. Was definitely a wake up call. After the cop left, I told my friend to get in the back seat and let me drive. Now I don't even consider letting someone buzzed drive. I've had a classmate die from a drunk driver. It's hard to drink and not think about it.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • One beer gets me funny, two are too much for me.

Doesn't help that my stomach is very sensitive to alcohol.

Years
  • I'm not a lightweight but I know when to stop as I don't like feeling sick. It depends on the drink too. I can drink as much rum as I like and ill just get tipsy and giddy. Same with pina colada and s on the beach. But I cant drink vodka or anything with vodka in it as the taste makes me sick.

I also drink cider but one bottle is good as it makes me sleepy. Its a bit of a comfort drink (like some drink wine but I cant stand it). But in all honesty I don't drink a lot. Only on holidays or special occasions. Im more likely to go for juice.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I learned how to mix drinks during lockdown, and I can say I'm pretty good. From Mai Tais to next-level margaritas and Moscow Mules. So every weekend I'm always experimenting what to make with my little kit.

Of course, I drink responsibly. I respond to drunk Meggy at around 3-4 drinks, depending on the alcohol content. I NEVER drink when I'm the one driving. Seems to be the most safest thing to do.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I'd consider myself lightweight - I get tipsy after just a pint or 2 beer cans lmao. I'm a social drinker though, never saw the appeal of drinking by myself.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've never tried finding out. I avoid drinking alcohol as much as possible. It only happens when I'm socially pressured into it and even then it's just a glass or so.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    tl;dr story time incoming. Treating this post as [Serious], so if you can't/don't want to handle that, then I wouldn't read this post.

I used to be an alcoholic. I would get up and start drinking and not stop until the end of the day. Beer, wine, vodka, rum; really anything I could get my hands on, even if that meant mixing throughout the day. Gained a LOT of weight and did a LOT of stupid shit back then (my friend and I still regret it in a way). And I was kind of all over the place in terms of the "kind" of drunk I was; somedays I was depressed, others I was angry, and still others I was affectionate. I feel like I was not in a good place, and being in the workforce was probably the catalyst. I started taking booze into work with me and drinking throughout the day. When I worked two jobs, I took several shots of whiskey in the morning to get me through the commute (I took the bus).

It wasn't the best time for me. I went bar hopping often and one day I did it while getting all kinds of mixed drinks. I had a sex on the beach, a martini, a grasshopper, and like 4 beers. I guess because of the amount of different kinds and the short while in which I did this (about 2 hours), I was vomiting profusely and had the worst hangover of my life after that. I did quit for about 4 months after that, but then got back into it during one of my jobs. I only stopped because Grandma and Mom were talking while I was in the bathroom, and I came back toward the room and heard, "If she keeps going like this, she's gonna wind up like Joe."

Joe was my grandpa. Grandpa Joe drank himself to the point of liver cancer and died around the age of 50 after vomiting blood and having a seizure. My grandmother's words, though she'd whispered them surreptitiously to my mom, is what made me stop. I realized she was right and I didn't want to die like that. Not sure if I've done damage to my liver over those few years or not. Probably. But I've not had issues.

I only had one more drink after that, and it was after 2 years of not drinking at all. I had 5 of a 6 pack of beer in about an hour (on an empty stomach cuz I'm smart) before I got really depressed and broke down crying. If I hadn't broken down, I would've finished the whole pack, I'll bet. I almost threw up that night and experienced a small hangover the next morning. It wasn't fun, and I truly learned my lesson after that.

I've been completely sober for about 4 years now and I don't plan on ever going back to that state again. I never should've started. I know some people can drink casually and not have any issues with it, but I am simply not one of those people. For me, alcohol is evil and holds me in a vise-grip. So I refuse to partake ever again.

I've been straight-edge (excluding a cup or two of coffee every other day) for 2 years and, while some might consider that sort of square, I've never been able to control my mood better before. I still get my depressive states (in one currently because my sweet baby Briggs died very quickly of liver failure May 25th) but I don't lean on drugs to get me through anymore, and that keeps me from spiraling out of control.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I drink 1 (one) beer every 7-15 days, alternating between alcohol and alcohol-free. When I'm with people it's always alchol-free because it makes me sleepy and when I'm being social is probably the last time I want to feel lethargic.

I dislike wine (other than for cooking) and anything else stronger, I just refuse outright.

Years
  • I never really drank before and I probably won't again... I guess I'm a lightweight because the other day I had a can of Smirnoff Ice Smash and 4-5 shots of god knows what (thank god I didn't drink the Everclear some gummies were soaked in.. it literally felt like my lips were burning!) at a party and I regret everything. I didn't have a traditional hangover with throwing up or anything but my head was spinning for a whole day after and it didn't help the food poisoning I probably got from some fast food either... I'm still recovering. I don't know why young people like doing this.

CrySmile

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2021
    I can't say that I can't live without it. But after a hard day's work, it's perfect.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    i'm pretty tolerant to it and that's a problem. not tolerant enough to avoid embarrassing the "following day me" but coherent enough to have never wound up with an injury or deep in a bad situation. needless to say i tend to avoid liquor and wine, sticking to the soft stuff like beer if i do drink.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    I have 3 moods:
    1. warm fun (ideal)
    2. sad and moopy
    3. arguementative

I have switched from being a sade drunk to not being argumentative, which is problematic. Last time I got super drunk I started a bit argument about China.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I am absolutely terrible with alcohol because I would only take a few sips and I'm done. So, non-drinker here!

Back