• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you sleep at night?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I sleep in total darkness and silence lol. I usually relax in my bed with my lava lamp on before I go to sleep and there have been times where I just knock out with it on, but it's a very dim light so it doesn't disturb me. I also turn my fan on unless it's winter time and my dog almost always sleeps with me.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I sleep wherever I feel comfortable, sometimes that's in my bed or sometimes that's on our sofa, and I have to have all the lights off and either a tv or radio on.

Years
  • There's no ritual or routine that I would consider essential to falling asleep, but generally, because whenever I'm on the laptop at home, I'm usually lying on the bed the entire day until I have to sleep. So as a result, my laptop, and my 2 phones are right beside me throughout the night. Other than that, there's nothing else that's particularly noteworthy.

Years
  • Lights off. Roll over multiple times. Fall asleep eventually.

I do like having some light background noise when I fall asleep. During the summer it's easy, because there's usually a fan running. (My room is poorly insulated.) I adjust during the winter; the heater will kick on, but it doesn't run constantly.

If I'm really desperate, I'll take a OTC sleeping pill. It'll eventually knock me out. :p

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • 1. Find a bed/hammock/futon/couch.

2. Turn off the lights.

3. Lay down on said bed/hammock/futon/couch.

4. Close eyes.

5. Pass out.

My incredibly interesting ritual for sleeping.

BonkersRider

Twisted Fashion Gal
    Years
  • Without including passages about me doing certain "things" with my loving wife, here is my before bed ritual:

*Get changed for bed.
    *Curl up in my firm bed.
    *Wrap my arms around my wife, also in bed.
    *Make sure my pillows are in place.
    *Turn some music on for the ambient noise.
    *Turn the lights out.
    *Snuggle until I fall asleep.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I sleep with all lights off and curtains covering the window so the sun doesn't wake me up early. I like to have white noise, whether its the air conditioner, fan, or rain. I usually sleep on my back with my hands on my thighs. Sometimes I'll sleep on my side and a little hunched over. I usually have a pillow underneath my knees because when my knees are flat on the bed, my legs get uncomfortable. I also put the pillow between my knees when I sleep on my side.

I also need a pillow and blanket, without either or, I can't sleep.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    In weekdays, I fall asleep almost immediately after a while. On other days, I usually have the TV on as I browse my phone - with the lights out. That does the trick for me.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I don't.

Uhm, I like to sleep when it's either pitch black in my room or only lit by the sun. Artificial lights drive me up a wall and its extremely difficult to sleep with them on. I always hold my body pillow with both my arms and legs since I love sleeping on my side. (and its uncomfortable to leave my joints laying ontop of each other) Sometimes I like to play meditation music from my phone into little earbuds, use just the earbuds as ear plugs, or nothing in the ears at all. Depends how hard of a time I'm having falling asleep. My fan is always on too since I enjoy the noise and the breeze.

I also like to hold onto 'Prince' some nights if I'm particularly stressed. He's a little blue and pink piggy plushie that squeaks when I shake him around. It's oddly amusing and soothing to a very agitated Mario. uvu;

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • I sleep like a stupid person in the night xD

*I sometime wake up and walk
    *I sometime wake up and sing
    *I sometime even dance in the bed lol xD
    *I sometime speak nonsense

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    1. Make sure I've had a good drink of water
    2. Turn off all the lights so it's pitch black
    3. Make sure it's completely and utterly silent
    4. Push the dog if she's taking up my side of the bed

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    How do I sleep at night? I close my eyes.

Anyway, there needs to be just a small amount of light for me to go to sleep. Otherwise, my brain gets too confused as to whether I have closed my eyes or not, so I can't sleep at all. Noise level needs to be almost dead silent, and temperature in the room needs to be cold-ish otherwise I can't sleep due to the heat, either.

Years
  • Some nights it's fall asleep as soon as I put my head on my pillow, some nights it takes an eternity. For those nights where it takes me forever to sleep, it took me about half a year to come up with a solution, and that was with my music.
    I had decided to make a playlists of things that made me feel calm (and with metal, that isn't easy >_>) rather than make me feel alive. I made a playlist out of some cassical music, some game soundtracks (mainly Metroid ones) and some atmospheric/ambient metal tracks (mostly Space oriented/themed), and my room has to be pitch black.
    The idea behind it was to set up an atmosphere which let me imagination run wild, like you would in a dream, using the darkness of the room as a canvas, and somehow it works for me.

also, you should never sleep without resolving an argument if you had one, else it will be on your mind and you wont be able to rest easy, I find.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Much like Katholic Nun over here, this question makes me feel like I did something bad. {XD}

I can sleep anywhere, at any time. I have no trouble falling asleep. However, it's sometimes a bad thing. Like the time I slept through an earthquake.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I like to have 2 blankets. One under and one on me for extra comfort. Also, I find it easier to sleep with about 3 pillows. The light is also going to need turned off

Years
  • I usually leave the lights off as well as keep my door and window closed, sometimes I may listen to a bit of music to get me to go to sleep. Extra coverings are also a necessity in colder months as I tend to be more sensitive to colder temperatures than warmer ones.

Years
  • It depends. Most of the time, I'll have a movie on or something on Netflix going, then the sleep timer on. If it's cool enough outside, I'll have a window open so it's comfortable in my room.

Back