• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How impulsive are you?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Not very. Follows them to push social boundaries sometimes. Manifests in idle behavior (in public) occasionally too. Adopted different strides (such as confident, shy, bouncy, silent) on a whim before, as an example.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I'm manic bipolar so very impulsive. I can spend all day on the internet buying things until I'm dirt broke. I'm trying to learn how to control myself

Years
  • Impulsive enough to buy more stuff than I actually have room for.
    Not impulsive enough to keep buying if I can't afford it.

pkmin3033

I can be very impulsive when it comes to making purchases, but otherwise I'm generally very reserved because I'm risk averse to the point that I'd sooner do nothing at all.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Usually not at all. I tend to keep myself very measured in my spending but, lately, I've been doing a bit of retail therapy. It's not completely out of character for me cause I was due for some new clothes (been a while, I try to take good care of my items) but..umm.. I probably didn't need ALL those Pokémon cards.

This is sorta in contrast to my years of chronic impulsivity where I was aggressive, wasteful, and quick to spend any money that comes in. I'm also very impulsive in my art, but that's mostly a net benefit except when I wake up with an idea at 3am and HAVE to draw it lol.

Years
  • As far as money is concerened, not at all. My girlfriend is a pretty compulsive shopper so I have had to go the opposite direction or else we would be fucked lol. Socially I tend to think out what I say quite a bit unless someone talks poorly against something I am passionate about (cooking, for example) then I become pretty impulsive.

Years
  • i just spent $20 on ubereats so i could get Wendy's while being fully aware of the fact that i have more than enough hunger management drinks in the fridge to last me until i go grocery shopping again in a few days.

you tell me

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I am not at all impulsive and think things through for quite a long time, occasionally to my own detriment. I've only ever been impulsive enough to buy treats and toys for my dogs, but even then I temper myself with a planned budget before I buy. I don't stick strictly to it, so if I say $50 is my limit, I don't mind going to $55-60.

Thankfully, my husband is also not impulsive, so we're both fairly good fiscally and in terms of future planning. I can get frazzled to the point of depression when a curveball is thrown at me.

Years
    • Seen today
    Spending wise no, I think for weeks before a purchase. I was pretty unfiltered as when I was like 14 and 15 (offline and online), but I've gotten way better at not impulsively saying the first thing in my head.

Years
  • The most impulsive I can be is random purchases not in my grocery list or something cheap and interesting I find in mall department stores or whatever. I find it hard to spontaneously buy something online without extensively researching the brand, looking at countless customer reviews and photos, testing their customer service by hitting up their support email and messenger, and exploring 6 other alternative companies within their niche. I think it's the shipping fees that dissuade me lol.

If we're talking adventures though, we can forget anything and everything about it. I am mega uncomfortable with any unplanned getaways.

Years
  • I am not impulsive at all. I calculate everything and put way too much thought into everything before doing it lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • allowing me into a hot topic is akin to a 13 year old with their parent's credit card in there. ie. i'm quite impulsive. i try to be good though. i just stay away from the impulse places often enough lol.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    i have an unfortunate 'add to cart' issue. but in my defense, i do consider how much i want/need something for a few days to weeks! sometimes i still lose but i do my best to be careful! do you have any idea how hard it is to say no to a good sale. 😭
    other than that the worst of my impulses happen when i'm drinking so i make that a super infrequent experience lmao.

AlexMills

pokemaster
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2021
    it depends on how tired I am, most people who believe they really think things through actually basically don't after a some threshold of tiredness

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Yes and no. For stuff I buy it takes me forever to make a decision. But if I need to find a solution for a problem at work then I'll immediately get to work on whatever comes to my mind. And if that doesn't work and I come up with something new in an instance I'll immediately replace it.

Back