• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how often do you go out to eat or order delivery

Years
Hardly ever unless it's a meal out for a special reason. I love cooking and I try to cook everything from scratch.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
I order or takeaway about once a week or sometimes every other week.

Unless you count lunch, where I eat out almost every other day because I don't like cooking for myself if I don't have guests and it's the general culture at my workplace. I should start bringing more home-made lunches though to keep costs down. Today I actually have! :)

Just a curious question: Where do you get the home-made lunches from? Do your neighbours share their lunch with you? Sounds like a nice idea, by the way.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Just a curious question: Where do you get the home-made lunches from? Do your neighbours share their lunch with you? Sounds like a nice idea, by the way.
Home-made means that I made it myself at home, of course.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Once in a while we do take out... depending if anyone feels like cooking or not. As for delivery, we live near a small town that either doesn't do that sort of thing, or there just isn't enough places good enough.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 22
  • He/they
  • Oregon
  • Seen Mar 14, 2023
At least twice a month. Normally I eat at a local Chinese restaurant or pick up some tacos.

Last edited:
Years
I have not gone out to eat anywhere in months, and that is probably how it will remain for some time while we try to get things back under control in the country. I do still order take out sometimes though, but so many restaurants have been hit hard by business losses that several of the places I used to call in delivery from have stopped operating. I know of one that specializes in Greek, Italian food and New York style sub sandwiches that still delivers food. Last night I ordered a side of their fried mushrooms and for the first time tried their homemade spaghetti-- I usually order veggie wraps and falafels. What I had turned out to be the most scrumptious thing I have bought from them, so I am glad I ordered.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
Years
Well, in the "before" times, we used to get take-out maybe every other night, sometimes more. I'm told this is very much a New York thing, but there are a lot of GREAT options around us. Now, in the quarantine, though? We've only had take out once in like the past month, and it went really poorly (my wife got something she was allergic to by accident).

I miss take out. I very much miss sushi. I'm heavily debating finding a way to make my own sushi.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Pretty much never. I have anxiety about where my food comes from and I choose to make pretty much everything homemade. It's healthier that way and I've learned how to cook, plus it gets me up and on my feet for an hour or so, so I guess it's a win all around. For the times I'm feeling particularly lazy, we might eat something boxed that we picked up, or I'll make chickpea salad sandwiches which takes around 15 minutes to do.

SusieSue

Grass Type only
Years
It really depends. I spend most of each day in another city because of school and so I tend to buy food there. Does that count?

But when I'm home, I rarely go out to eat. My girlfriend has social anxiety, so we usually stick inside. We order pizza about ones per month though.

Actually, even before the virus, I preferred not to visit public places like restaurants. Nowadays me and my family spend a lot of time indoors which means we order food quite often. But as for the pizza I prefer homemade ones made with a pizza oven like this by me or my parents.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Any
  • Space
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
during quarantine: i havent gone out in a long long time and i miss the food tbh

prior to quarantine: i frequently go out to eat, i have outside food allocated in my budget for that reason ahaha. i can't really cook stuff where i am rn (because of the lack of proper kitchenware, mostly), so homecooked meals are pretty.... basic... and not as good compared to food cooked in restaurants and even fast food places. :pensive:

for reference fried eggs and a bunch of egg related recipes is a common "homecooked meal" for the last few months..... compare that to.... not eggs.... from the outside... and it's already heaven in a bite u_u

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
These days eating out has really picked up for me. Often enough I'll pick up some Chinese my husband ordered on the way. Unfortunately we've lost Ashley Christensen's whole restaurant chain, they closed for COVID and are apparently staying that way with no delivery option. Their plywood had some altruistic vandalism they likely put up themselves about the protests. Other places like the big easy have BLM signage but are open for business. I'm getting sick of Bad Daddy's Burger Bar and the fast food options so I'm probably gonna drift back into the kitchen soon with my eating habits.

Years
To be completely honest, we eat out way more than we should, at least once a week... but it's also difficult sometimes between me working 40 hours and my boyfriend being a full-time student. Sometimes even the laziest of frozen meals is too much and it's easier to just pay out for fast food.

Lockdown made us behave for once! I even meal planned for awhile!! Then lockdown loosened a bit and on days where our schedules are weird, we're back to the usual... at least I tried. :(

Years
Aside from ordering some pizza once or twice a month, or Chinese take out a couple times a year, I don't really go out to eat or get delivery, even before COVID happened. I live on my own, so unless I plan on ordered enough food to give me meals for the next couple of days, it seems a waste to get food when it costs a lot less to make something simple at home.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
I absolutely have a problem with eating out sometimes. I, at least, eat out once a week, usually through just delivery. I'm a huge sucker for basically anything breakfast (especially eggs, lord I have eaten at least forty eggs over the past two months). One day, all of this built up karma is going to catch up on me for ordering delivery in this current climate. Not to say I don't cook, but there's so many ways I can prepare pasta, meats, and vegetables before I pull out that debit card. 😅

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
Years
  • Age 34
  • NJ
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I eat out or get delivery quite often. i usually pick up my food though so i don't have to pay delivery fees. I know its bad for ya, but when i'm out and about if I'm hungry grabbing some burger king or something is easy and convenient. I also love pizza and eat that at least once a month.

Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Don't really do takeout too often. Seldom to I initiate it on my own, but I do get gift cards a couple times a year for like IHOP or Taco Bells which hell yeah I take advantage of.

Years
To help with weight maintenance and financial security, I've limited myself to a maximum of two take out delivery meals per week. And they can't be over 6 dollars.

Back