• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how often do you go out to eat or order delivery

Years
i used to almost religiously order sushi every week, but ever since our favorite place closed we've been ordering a lot less in general (not just sushi)

how often do you guys go out to eat or order food? or do you mostly make homemade food?

pkmin3033

Never. I've taken my brother out for food a couple of times, but I've never eaten anything myself. Everything I eat is homemade. Call me paranoid, but I don't trust someone else handling my food, or food that has been out on display for god knows how long before it makes its way to my hands.

...yes, I know all processed food is handled by someone. But that happens out of my sight, so it's a lot easier to ignore. If I see someone playing with something I'm going to eat I get overwhelmingly anxious. It also costs significantly more to eat out, and I'm not made of money =x

Years
I don't eat out because I can't. I have to follow a strict diet or I get very sick, so I must prepare all my food. The exception would be a doughnut from Tim Hortons or something.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I don't go out much to eat or order food. Normally I would go out to dinner with my family when it's our birthday.

Years
  • Age 23
  • She/Her
  • Canada
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
I do quite frequently. My mother loves to go to restaurants and its kind of a normal thing in my family. We usually go out twice a month or so and we also typically order food 2-3 times a month as well, especially when my elder sister and her boyfriend come over.

Years
It really depends. I spend most of each day in another city because of school and so I tend to buy food there. Does that count?

But when I'm home, I rarely go out to eat. My girlfriend has social anxiety, so we usually stick inside. We order pizza about ones per month though.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Not very often and never too frequently. Most of the time, I just eat normally, but I order food (like pizza) whenever I feel like it. However, certain fast foods can lower testosterone in men (if they are not in control of their own diet).

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
At least once a week. Three max. I either cook my own food in the morning and put it in a tupper for work or order/go to restaurants. No pre-cooked anything, no microwave-and-done, no middle of the road.

It helps that I don't drink or smoke or have any major 'daly' expenses so I can treat myself with that.

Bay

Years
Used to eat out/order food, mostly Chinese and fast food, around 3 times a month at least, but now these days not as much.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I order or takeaway about once a week or sometimes every other week.

Unless you count lunch, where I eat out almost every other day because I don't like cooking for myself if I don't have guests and it's the general culture at my workplace. I should start bringing more home-made lunches though to keep costs down. Today I actually have! :)

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
I order food more than I should probably,,, I try not to but it's difficult when I crave fast food and have the income for it.

I mostly get McDonald's bc I have one right down the road from me.

Years
I like dressing up and going out to eat, enjoying those favorite foods in a nice ambiance in the company of loved ones. Take out is a life saver when you are tired at the end of the day and just don't feel like firing up the oven and standing over the hot stove flipping stir fry, or you're running out of things to cook and just don't have the time to grocery shop that day.

Because the price quickly racks up compared to cooking at home, I usually do this only a couple of times a month if it all, no more than once in the same week. But when I can treat myself or somebody else to a carefree night where the food is already taken care of I enjoy that privilege.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Usually twice a week. I need a break from the frozen stuff I prepare for myself (since my cooking skills are crap and I need to be mindful of my allergies on top of that.)

Of course, when I'm traveling I tend to eat out more since most of the hotels I stay at don't have full kitchens.

Conversely, I eat out less when visiting with family since they live out in the country (no restaurants nearby) and their cooking skills far surpass my own.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
At our house, we usually get takeaways every Friday and Saturday. Occasionally we go out for a meal on Sunday, or an a Saturday instead of the usual takeaway.

Years
i order delivery probably more than i should. that said, it's balanced by the fact that i don't really go out of my way to eat at restaurants, anyway.

Back