• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Love Myself

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I am also a shy ball of fluff.

Ball of fluff for sure. -points to your avatar-

I used to hate myself a lot, deep self-esteem issues and self-confidence.

But someone took me out from that darkness. (: So yeah, I've learn to love and care myself more.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Depression does this funny thing where it makes you question all your self-worth.

On my good days, I am pretty fond of myself. I like to think I'm fun, have great goals/ambitions, and am an overall good person. I try to stay focused on these when I can :)

pkmin3033

I dislike myself. There is nothing about me to like. I'm a cynical, tactless piece of shit who needs to grow up. Putting it as succintly as possible. I could type paragraphs about precisely why I dislike myself.

But I chose to be the way I am, and I'll be damned if I don't take SOME pride in that. I have a lot of issues I didn't choose, but personality wise...yeah, I wouldn't have myself any other way. I made my bed, so I'll lie in it. It's not very comfortable sometimes, but I can sleep in it reasonably well, and I change the sheets regularly so it's not like it's crawling with anything nasty...and I'm taking the metaphor waaaaay too far again.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
    I don't look at myself in either a good or bad way. I'm content while understanding that I need to do some major work on myself. In the situation I'm in right now, it would be very easy to judge me in a negative light but after you walk a mile in my nines, then it's easy to understand where I've been and where I'm going to. I have a lot of growing up to do and a lot of self improvement that I need to do, but everyone has that to deal with at one point in their lives.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think I'm not enough cat. I could be more cat. Maybe in the next life, I will be cat!

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I've spent over ten years of research on this subject. And I still don't quite understand it.

It is a complicated thing, how I feel about myself. But I can say that it is negative like many others here. I question the value of my own existence in relation to others, not really thinking I have anything worth contributing or saying that people will listen to. My fear of everything prevents me from reaching my true potential, and I am constantly making mistakes and misunderstandings due to my lack of skill in socializing. The best thing I can say is that I try, I try hard to be a good person. It is just really damn difficult to control fifty different negative emotions constantly exploding throughout your mind.

The complexity isn't helped by the fact that I am an insecure person with low self-esteem who conversely has a lot of pride, and uses that to try to combat it. To the point where I can sometimes seem arrogant and just... when I start describing these traits, I get so caught up in them that it seems anything good is eclipsed.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I'm content with myself in most facets of life. sometimes I do regrettable things, but for the most part, I'm happy with how I come across and the reputation I've established for myself and the way that I look. this sounds boast-y. it's not. I swear.

Years
    I like myself, I think that I am a good person. Or at least, I try my hardest.
    Hopefully this doesn't sound stuck up ^^

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I honestly wish I never existed to begin with. To make things worse, I shouldn't have existed under normal circumstances, but I was only born because of sheer (bad) luck. A diabolus ex machina, if that's not a stretch. (Incidentally, my birthday is legitimately on June 6, 1996... But that's more than likely a coincidence, so it doesn't really bother me.)

However, since I am alive (and biologically designed to fear death?), I'm trying my hardest to make the best of things, and seeing if I can make any sort of difference with this worthless life of mine. Right now my biggest concern is my abysmal time management. If I can at least improve on that much, then maybe I might just respect myself a little more.

Bay

Years
    It is a complicated thing, how I feel about myself. But I can say that it is negative like many others here. I question the value of my own existence in relation to others, not really thinking I have anything worth contributing or saying that people will listen to. My fear of everything prevents me from reaching my true potential, and I am constantly making mistakes and misunderstandings due to my lack of skill in socializing. The best thing I can say is that I try, I try hard to be a good person. It is just really damn difficult to control fifty different negative emotions constantly exploding throughout your mind.

Pretty much me as of recent. My mind tends to suddenly come up with something negative to me and I'm like, "please stop that brain." Doesn't help I often compare myself to others and made myself feel worse (I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in a similar topic not too ago). Either way, though, it's still a struggle for me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Well some days I feel like I'm at the top of the world, and other days I feel like I'm a pile of shit. :p

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Depression does this funny thing where it makes you question all your self-worth.

You're not the only one with that problem! I've even developed the notion that people purposely avoid me!

When I am in a... better state... I tend to be more neutral to my self.

Back