• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Love You, Too.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Q: "Palamon, do you ever stop posting threads about love?!

A: "Nope. PC needs an entire forum dedicated to ~deep emotions.~ I'd rule that joint."

Thread topic this time is: are you honest about how you feel about someone? Can you say "I love you/too"? THE 4AM, NON CRYPTIC TRANSLATION: ARE YOU HONEST ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS/HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT A PERSON?

Hahaha...feelings. Nope. I have a hard time telling anyone how I feel about them. I'm quiet about it. I'm cryptic about it. Won't even know if I LIKE you or think of you as a friend because I avoid telling people how I feel about them... same with disliking, if I dislike you, I won't tell you directly. I like avoiding telling anyone how I feel about them...usually. But, if I love you, that wall is destroyed. I tell you exactly how I feel/what I think about you, etc. I love very few people, the ones I do know already to an extreme extent.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    if the current forum splash is of any evidence then i'd say no, i definitely have little issues saying "i love you" earnestly. :')

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Omg no, I'm SO bad at this. Even if I want to give all my friends a giant hug and tell them I love them and care about them, I'll likely appreciate them from a respectful distance. No matter how long I've known them. I wish I were one of those people who could tell all my friends that they mean the world to me. I don't know why it's so hard???

SO TO ALL MY FRIENDS: I LOVE YOU, I WANT NOTHING BUT HAPPINESS FOR YOU AND I'M ALWAYS HERE ;__;

The only exception is my boyfriend, but even that initially took me a year to say in our relationship. At least he understands my shy pace.

pkmin3033

I have no problem telling people exactly what I think of them. I like people to know exactly where they stand with me; there are fewer irritating misunderstandings that way. All people need to do if they want to know what I think of them is to ask me.

I've never had cause to say those three little words to people, though. I doubt I'd have any trouble saying it if I meant it; it's just a statement like any other, after all.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I have no issue with expressing affection towards someone. I tell my family that I love them daily. I've also hugged my friends when the situation was right and I've told my close friends that I love them and that they can always count on me if they need help. While I do respect a person's need for personal space, I still let them know I'm there for them.

As far as how I feel about someone negatively, I don't make it known. Even if I despise the person, I'll still shake their hand and wish them well. It's not about being fake when you genuinely wish the best for someone despite the fact that you can't stand the ground they walk on.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I let my friends know that I like and appreciate them and sometimes even that I love them (: It's a good kind of love that you won't lose anything by admitting.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Well, I think of myself as kind of being like a mild tsundere. For the most part, I will just kind of... be meaner to you the more I like you. I constantly call my significant other a dumbass and idiot, and question what the hell he is doing. It's more difficult for me to express my affection more genuinely. Because honestly, I don't even REALIZE how much I like someone until they tell me. My feelings of affection are one of my least understood emotions. I'll touch them a lot, I'll say how funny they are, laugh at everything. Maybe I'll say some off-hand things that imply it if I'm typing online. It's more of a subtle thing. And something I just don't like to break down.

In general, I just don't like saying positive things directly to anyone. It feels disgusting and cheesy to me. One thing I do try to do though is at least express gratitude. I will try to say "thank you" as much as possible, because I don't want people to feel like their efforts on me were a waste of time.

As for dislike, that's just something I avoid expressing to not be rude. But I can definitely, definitely pile on the hate on someone in a very elaborate way that words everything I find wrong with them. It's something I've done to a few people in particular who really scorned me. Nowadays, I don't find it worth the effort. That and nobody has pissed me off enough to do that anymore. But it could happen again. I really hope not though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I have no problems expressing how honest I feel towards others. What I am worried about is how honest people are towards me, because any slight negative aspect of my trait would put me into total misery and how undeserving I am as a human.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Yes, I'm normally one to hide my feelings (outside of my family, which is an exception). I live by a "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" philosophy, so if I don't like you chances are I won't tell you. I feel like non-romantic love is best shown through actions to me, so of course I'll act nice around someone I really enjoy, but romantically, I usually keep everything to myself, which can be a blessing and a curse.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • totally depends on the person, but I only fall for people I feel comfortable saying things like that too, or perhaps I feel most comfortable saying things like that to people I've fallen for. hm. but yeah I'm a sappy piece of shit a lot of the time.

Years
  • I'm pretty honest with people. If I like you as friends I'll probably say so.
    That said, I try and be more gentle with negative things

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Sometimes talking about feelings and whatever gets me a little uncomfortable, but I think it's important to be honest about how you feel and if it's important to get that information across to another person/other people then there should be no excuse not to. Plus, it's probably one of those things that you can get better at over time, the more you do it. :)

Mosbyyy

MEGA EVO OP!!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    to be honest, I've never said "I love you" with my GF before
    sound weird but that line some how is really corny to me
    I only said "I, really, like you" in an awkward way and that's all
    And I think I will only say "I love you" is when someone in my family is dying or I'm about to have a surgery or I'm dying
    An action is better than thousand words

Sirfetch’d

I've never really understood why those three words are so hard for some people to say haha. I've never had a problem expressing my love for people. Maybe love doesn't mean as much coming from me considering I pretty much tell everyone that I love them but I just enjoy saying it. If fact I tell Christos I love him. all of the time :^)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I've never really understood why those three words are so hard for some people to say haha.

Hi, troubled person here.

I have a hard time saying those three words because I take them very seriously, and can't just say it to anyone. Does that make sense?

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'll say it only if i really mean it which is usually towards good friends and family. i used to be afraid of saying it and then my uncle passed. i saw him a week before he passed away and i didn't tell him i loved him which haunted me for the longest.

however, when it comes to saying the "l word" to boyfriends i'll avoid it like the plague. if i'm told "i love you" i'll probably say something like "you too" or "thanks".

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I struggle saying these words, like saying the words physically can make me cringe at times. Even typing it out sometimes makes me clench up, it's not all the time but just sometimes.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • I'm usually really honest with people on how I feel about them, unless I don't like you or I'm not that well acquainted with you. In which case I'm usually just pleasant and polite, but if I'm asked, I'll just say what's appropriate.

But with friends and people I've fallen for, I don't waste my breath, I'm very straightforward and will be affectionate with my words or harsh when it's necessary. I say "I love you" to my friends a lot tbh, and admittedly sometimes it feels like I'm taking away the meaning from it like that, even though its true. When I feel like it, I'll be more elaborate and poetic with my words or actions to show them just how deep "I love you" goes. It makes up for how much I tell them, in a way. Like I'm not just saying shit, ya feel?

Back