• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could eat only one type of cuisine for the rest of your life , what would you choose?

Favorite cuisine?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • For me, it would be Japanese!

Rice is probably one of my favorite types of food to incorporate into my meals, so I feel like there are a lot of great authentic dishes I could make with it. Sushi, ramen, sashimi, so much good food!

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I can't choose between italian and mexican! I love both but mexican is hard on my stomach so italian?

I don't blame ya! Mexican is sometimes hard on my stomach as wel :x

Do you have a favorite kind of dish for either? Whenever I go out and get Mexican food I'm always getting a burrito which makes my inner fat child super happy haha

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
    Years
  • Since there isn't an option for Tex-Mex, I chose "other". Well, along with good 'ole eggs & bacon breakfast, I'll add in Tex-Mex flavor to make it more complete.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Gotta go with Chinese. Italian is my second option, but I feel Chinese has more diverse options.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Italian, gotta love pasta and pizza! Otherwise Indian is pretty amazing, and I also love both Chinese and Japanese cuisine but can't really eat it regularly because I'd get sick, haha. Rice is great, though!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • American!! first of all you get to eat pancakes and waffles (don't really care where they originated from, every foreigner I've met irl has told me that "American breakfasts are insane" so I'm reclaiming them) and second of all this includes all the Americanized foreign foods that all the others reject. for example exchange students love to tell me that "Chinese takeout in America is not real Chinese food"/"American pizza is not the same at all" (as if I thought it was legit smh) so therefore it's American and I can eat it on my all-American diet right??

serious answer tho i already eat pasta 2x a day anyway so looks like i'm joining the italian club

Last edited:
    Years
  • Either Mexican or Thai. I used to eat Mexican almost every day at one point - okay, it was actually Tex-Mex as it was Taco Bell, but actual Mexican is definitely better - and never got tired of it, so I know I can do that. Thai is a close contender just because I love the spices used in those dishes and almost can't get enough of them.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • It all makes my mouth water, but my favorite food of all time is Japanese cuisine. It is expensive, but I savor every bite, to eat eat a vegetable roll every day would be a dream come true.

MRW I read this comment:

If you could eat only one type of cuisine for the rest of your life , what would you choose?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Japanese food!! Sushi is my all time favourite food and I love udons, dons, tempura, sashimi etc. so I feel like I'd manage fine having it for the rest of my life. I do like Chinese food a lot but having grown up eating it everyday, I feel like I'd be ok with not having it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It's really hard to choose between Italian or Japanese... T_T

I really like the, like, popular Japanese cuisine--sushi, ramen, curry, etc.--but I'm not great with the more traditional fare. I can eat it, but they prefer bitter tastes a lot more than I do and my tolerance just doesn't exist for it so I don't particularly enjoy it that much.

But like, Italian food is so varied and I've been eating it a lot longer so I like a much broader selection from it. So maybe that would be the better choice...?

idk, I think I'd still pick Japanese food because I think I would die if I couldn't have Japanese curry ever again. T_T

Back