• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Fine With Smoking

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I absolutely cannot stand it. I think it's disgusting and my body agrees -- I can't even walk by someone smoking outside without feeling slightly ill.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I don't do it, and I don't like it.

It's particularly inconsiderate to me when people do it in outdoor places with lots of others nearby. This isn't just something that poisons the one doing it. If it were, like alcohol, I wouldn't find it as irritating. As someone with a very sensitive nose, I find that smell maddening. It just sticks to everything, and it will not go away. Honestly, I wish it didn't exist. The thought of large businesses making money off of poisoning others is... very disturbing and says a lot about the darker parts of humanity.

Also, I don't really blame the smokers so much as I blame society for inventing such a horrible thing. If you smoke, it was your decision to start, and I'm aware of that. But I'm also aware that it can be very addictive and isn't quite your fault if you continue to do so. These people have my sympathies. I try not to judge them, and I try not to preach. It's sad, but like many horrible things in this world, it's here to stay. All I can really do is avoid them because I just can't stand the activity itself.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Don't smoke ya'll, not only does it smell bad, it's long term effects on your body and overall health are very harmful but you probably already know that. Just recently one of my fave tv personalities Big Ang died from cancer most likely brought on by her smoking habits. Also my Nana is a chain smoker, I've encouraged her since my childhood to stop smoking but you just can't get through certain people.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I don't care about other people doing the smoking, it's their business not mine. However, I absolutely hate it when people smoke around me.

As an asthmatic just the smell makes me want to gag and feel nauseous. Sometimes my throat gets really tight and I honestly just feel the worst.

The other thing I really hate is when people walk while smoking. See people who smoke in one place is fine because I can easily avoid them, but people who walk and smoke near me, there are times when I haven't been able to avoid it. It's a pain having to wait till they walk far away enough and I have places to be -.-

tl;dr don't care if you smoke, but please not near me.

Bay

Years
    Never been a fan of smoking. My dad used to smoke and occasionally he would smoke while driving, which irritated me. He stopped the habit ten years ago. Otherwise, if someone else smokes I don't care also as long as they're at a reasonable distance from me as I don't like the smell either.

pkmin3033

If people want to fill their lungs with smoke and tar and wreck their teeth and general health, I'm not going to stop them...it's pretty much the same as excessive drinking, really. Just as long as they don't do it around me. I have no particular desire to feel the backlash of their stupidity. I have enough health problems without adding those smoking causes on top of them, thank you.

My dad smokes a pipe, and that's substantially less offensive to me than cigarette/cigar smoke, but I think that's probably because he does it outside, away from the rest of us.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I don't like smoking. I've never done it, and I don't think any of my friends do. It just seems like a waste with all of the money commitment, and I don't like it when people smoke near me. The stink lingers on clothes, and it's just not my thing.

if someone else smokes, I don't really care. It's their decision, and it's not my job to try to force my ideals on them. I just prefer them not to do it around me.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
    I personally do not like it. Cool to do it in your own space/time, but not around other people. I've sen many adults smoke around animals, children even babies, and not know the consequences.

I've also seen how addictive it is, and how when smokers are smoking 60 a day it is the priority to smoke, nothing else

Years
    I dont do it and I seen what smoking can do to others. But I will and never smoke because of how bad it is for you. My older brother used to spend lots of money on cigarettes and it was really bad.
    I believe that it is up to you whether you want to smoke or not. But what I find sad is that I have friends who are 15/14 who smoke and always need a cigarette " to relax" and even her little sister who is 12 does it.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I don't smoke cigarettes and I won't. But I have to admit that I kinda like the scent in the fresh air (like, not in a small room).

It looks so hard to quit smoking. I've seen some people of my age who told me that I did a good thing by not smoking younger.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I don't smoke cigarettes, definitely not. I'm a medicine student so I've seen firsthand the things smoking can do to you. I don't think it's a very pleasant habit, but I wouldn't judge or hate on someone if they choose to smoke. I'm pretty laid back. If you wanna smoke, sweet. As long as you don't try and pressure me to do it, all good.

I have tried shisha here and there, which is a more traditional form of smoking in my culture. I don't do it very often however, since it's just as bad as cigarettes. :V

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I don't smoke cigarettes for several reasons, and I hate being around people that are smoking because the smell is awful, but I do smoke fools on the bball court.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
    I've vaped on occasion but considering I've had months between vapes without even wanting it I'd hardly say I'm addicted. All of my coworkers smoke and I've just learned to deal with it. In public places I do hate it because you shouldn't be filling up other people's lungs with secondhand.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I occasionally smoke socially, but I'm not addicted at all. Smoking doesn't bother me and I don't mind being around people who do.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I dont like it I wont do it I wont support it in any way I'm actually really defensive about this cause I've lost friends and family to smoking.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I love the smell of cigarette smoke, so while I have yet to do it myself, I certainly don't mind people smoking around me. I know it's super unhealthy though :(

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I briefly smoked in high school and my coolness shot up 100,000,000% I highly recommend it.

jk it's pretty disgusting, and the negatives far outweigh the positives. I did feel a sense of relaxation and loosening when smoking but it smells awful, tastes worse, costs a lot, kills you and pollutes the air and environment. The only time I did enjoy it was when I was on vacation in the Dominican Republic at a resort. Given the setting and sweltering heat, it seemed fitting to smoke cigarettes leisurely.

Last edited:
    Back