• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    When trying to get Latios/Latias after the 5th gym, and you have to stop team magma, is there any way to try and choose their nature? Like using a synchronizer? I'm trying to SR for a timid 5IV Latios.

The Synchronize trick works on Lati@s, even though you don't get to battle them. As a neat bonus, the nature of the Synchronizer is guaranteed to pass on to Lati@s. On another note, this also applies to Cosplay Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2015
    Actually, as of ORAS, it works on gift Pokemon as well. So to answer Koma's question, yes, you can use synchronize to get the nature you want.

Thanks, it was working, I just had a different synchronizer in my party >.<

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Thank you to all 3 of you who answered my question. :)

You won't be able to renew your license, instead you'll get a whole new account (I know, semantics, but just pointing it out for clarity's sake) anything you left in Pokebank will be gone by the time a few months goes by so you'll be starting fresh with a whole new bank. If I were you I would renew now even if you're not playing because people always forget that you're accumulating pokemiles/battle points with pokebank, I got a couple hundred battle points just in the last couple of months or so and they come in very handy, particularly if you're breeding (in addition to cashing them in for battle items at the battle maison, you also need battle points for the move tutors in ORAS) so I don't know about you, but I would rather pay $5 and come back in a few months to have a ton of free battle points waiting for me rather than having to go through battle maison battle by battle for 1 battle point each
    Thanks for the 'semantics'/technicalities, because that is actually important stuff for me to know, so that I wouldn't freak out if/when I had to re-do the sign up process. I didn't know that the move tutors in ORAS used BP instead of shards, so that's a very nice incentive for me to know about. In case you or anyone else knows, does anyone know the exact amount of days until everything I have will be cleared out? Because of how quickly Pokebank gives out BP, I wouldn't miss losing that amount of BP because I doubt I'd spend it all.

New question: Is there any way to transfer BP from one game (X) to another (AS)?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Were Rowap Berries ever given out in Gen 6 or no?

Years
    So on the Records in the PC, are the first Hall of Fame entry you get and the First game clear no different at all? Because i'd imagine the latter would be after that final battle with Brendan/May after the credits, since they both show the same levels and all (and in that battle you don't gain any EXP). But then that leaves me wondering why you don't get those extra PC wallpapers until after you complete the Delta Episode...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    if both parents are flawless, is there any advantage in having both of them hold a destiny knot? (ignoring natures of course)

Yes. If none of the parents hold a Destiny Knot, only one IV from one parent, one IV from the other and a random IV from either one will be passed down; the other 3 will be randomly generated, which, in most cases, may not be favorable.

Having either parent hold the Destiny Knot ensures that 5 of the 12 perfect IV pool is passed down to the offspring.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    if both parents are flawless, is there any advantage in having both of them hold a destiny knot? (ignoring natures of course)
    Since having one parent hold it draws from both parents' IVs pooled anyway, as far as I know it's exactly the same as if you only had one parent holding the Destiny Knot.

Does anyone know why the sign at the Battle Resort in front of the Battle Tower model says, "The Battle Frontier Project has started"? Is it a reference or a hint at a Battle Frontier patch or am I misinterpreting how it's worded?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Does anyone know why the sign at the Battle Resort in front of the Battle Tower model says, "The Battle Frontier Project has started"? Is it a reference or a hint at a Battle Frontier patch or am I misinterpreting how it's worded?

My thought was that it just pointed to the next game maybe having the battle frontier rather than just battle maison, a teaser if you will. Im not sure if theyd patch something that big in after release.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    is it better to run foul play or crunch on a Tyranitar?

does foul play always have a base power of 95?
    Foul Play always has a base 95 power, but it uses the opponent's Attack stat when calculating the damage instead of the Pokemon using the move. So on a Pokemon like Tyranitar that already has high Attack, Crunch is better than Foul Play. Foul Play's more suited to Pokemon with lower base attack like Mandibuzz or Umbreon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    if there's only room for 9 EVs, will items like carbos still work?

As long as the one stat you're using the vitamin for isn't more than 100, you can use it.

Anywho, does an Ability Capsule work on a Pokemon transferred from an older game? Like would a Milotic that came from Sapphire with Competitive ability be legit? Since it originally came to ORAS with Marvel Scale and got changed with the Ability Capsule?

Years
    Anywho, does an Ability Capsule work on a Pokemon transferred from an older game? Like would a Milotic that came from Sapphire with Competitive ability be legit? Since it originally came to ORAS with Marvel Scale and got changed with the Ability Capsule?

I'm pretty sure the Ability Capsule works on any Pokemon with two regular abilities, regardless if caught within a 6th Gen game or not. It only doesn't work on Pokemon with one regular ability, or on those with hidden abilities.

So, you could transfer a Milotic from a previous game and you'd still be able to change the ability.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2015
    so, new memory card = new game? and old memory card = backup of old saves?
    next
    Kyogre & Rayquaza, should I trade them? any reason I should keep them?

Last edited:

Dereck_S

Veteran
    Years
    Forgive me if this was already asked I just couldn't find in in the pages I looked through. So I just simultaneously completed my living dex and received the shiny charm. I get how the charm works with the masuda method, horde encounters and that sort of stuff, but does anyone know if it increases the odds when using the dexnav? I've snagged a couple of shinnies with the dexnav regularly I'm just curious if I now should be doing horde battles/breeding, or if the dexnav is more efficient than before.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Kyogre & Rayquaza, should I trade them? any reason I should keep them?
    Depends on what you want to do. If you ever wanted to go for Dex completion, having a couple of spare legendaries is always nice, but if you just want to play through the game casually, there's no reason to keep them.
    Forgive me if this was already asked I just couldn't find in in the pages I looked through. So I just simultaneously completed my living dex and received the shiny charm. I get how the charm works with the masuda method, horde encounters and that sort of stuff, but does anyone know if it increases the odds when using the dexnav? I've snagged a couple of shinnies with the dexnav regularly I'm just curious if I now should be doing horde battles/breeding, or if the dexnav is more efficient than before.
    The Shiny Charm gives you a higher chance of encountering a shiny Pokemon. In the end Dexnav encounters are just that: encounters, so you should get a higher chance of encountering a shiny when using the Shiny Charm while using the Dexnav.

Dereck_S

Veteran
    Years
    follow up question, is the dexnav the most efficient way to hunt down shines in gen 6, or should I be doing hordes or friend safaris? I'm excluding chain fishing from this list simply because I don't want to limit myself to fish-able pokemon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back