• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Singing is my saving grace. It's so enjoyable, so relaxing, so… relieving. I sing to things with vocals on the lower ends of the frequency spectrum; some songs I enjoy in particular are Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd, Man of Constant Sorrow by the Soggy Bottom Boys, Voodoo by Godsmack, I Stay Away by Alice in Chains, Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden, Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, Rooster by Alice in Chains… and those are just the ones I'm confident in. During breaks in the vocals I like to hum along to the bass as well.

It relieves stress like nothing else for me, particularly when I can hit it over top of the studio recording I sing with or after pumping out two verses on one breath like in I Stay Away. The people I know (my mother, father, sister, my landlady, her daughter, formerly my uncle) all tell me I'm good at it, too. It's something I've pondered a career in, but never seriously… it's just a pastime for me at this stage. :3

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Roc! :D
    I'm about to leave. Horrible timing.

I don't like when people hear me sing, honestly. It would make me really nervous, so I just avoid it altogether. D: That's why nobody has heard me sing in so long. If I'm alone, I don't care. Otherwise...no.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    Ahah, yeah, my timing's been slightly off kilter lately for most things, it seems.

Guys, confidence can actually be heard, you know. . .

Sir Codin

Children always succeed at singing the same way they succeed at everything...they don't.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I love to sing and dance. I have always wanted to make a career out of it because I love both so much.

I just suck horribly at both. So..sucks to be me.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Dancing is probably more so my thing than singing, but I love both.

Do you guys sing in the shower? I know I used to when I was younger, but not anymore for some reason. I just don't get the urge anymore, sadly!

I actually attempt to dance in the shower sometimes! It's obviously harder than singing in the shower but boy do I try.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I find myself humming to whatever I have stuck to my head every once in a while, but... don't think I've ever sang. xD" Singing just isn't for me; I'm terrible at it. It's my fault, though, since I never really practice. Wish I did.

Years
    I never sing in front of anyone at all. I always make sure that I am alone before feeling confident in singing, which is why I mostly do it while driving (thank gosh for tinted windows), or if I'm home alone.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I noticed last night that when I both heard myself with one earbud out and Melodie (our landlady) was home, I lost all confidence in my singing and sounded absolutely horrible. I really should find some instrumental pieces as its rather unfair to sing along with the band's actual singer :/

Also this is really weird but I'm watching the seconds of my life go by faster. AiC's Down in a Hole and Avicii's Levels are quite literally at a faster pace than normal that I'm watching with my own eyes. Weird :<

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I sing in the shower because for me showering is such a pain; I always feel like I'm wasting time, especially since it takes so long (or so much effort) to dry my hair so I don't like showering. So I sing to speed it up.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I used to sing in the shower when I lived with my father, as we had a stereo in our bathroom that pretty much everyone used while bathing. It was what led me to realize that I enjoy singing, really.

Aside from time going faster than normal (which it still is), while I was sleeping in literature I recall remembering a very important and positive event in my sleep, but I couldn't pull it out with me as I went in and out of the dreaming state. I wish I knew what it was… maybe a hint towards something in the future? As I held it it felt really… near.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    I like to sing along with songs at home or in the car, but I stink. I'm much better playing the trumpet of songs I like. Why sing when you can toot? When I play songs that I know, though, I sing the words in my head to get the timing right.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    I like to sing along with songs at home or in the car, but I stink. I'm much better playing the trumpet of songs I like. Why sing when you can toot? When I play songs that I know, though, I sing the words in my head to get the timing right.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    This is really tripping me out… :X

Reminds me of Verruca from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when she said MAKE TIME GO FASTER, but it actually is. I can't get off my mind what I noticed in first hour either… it definitely would have to be to do with PC, as aside from Khilia and Idan it's the only thing that matters to me, and the emotions I felt were positive nonetheless, but still not… consuming enough to be to do with them. I have my own intuitions, but nothing in what I felt in the -thing- itself gave me any clue as to what could be so cool and uplifting in the near future/past. :c

I'm glad I'm going to be getting home early or going in late the next three days of school. I'll be able to ROM hack a bit more and talk to Khilia where normally our time zone differences kill our communication during the week..

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    Yeah, time differences can be a real drag sometimes.

J.M.S, I skimed through your post and thought you said that you only sing when you do karate.

EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING!
    HYAAA!

wait. . . .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back