• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Roc, I'm eating lunch and seriously just almost choked upon reading one of your posts because I started to laugh.

Remembering things?
    I don't remember what that is.
    ...Really, though. I have the memory of a goldfish. I couldn't tell you what I ate for breakfast two days ago.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    Usually I remember the least important details of a certain event or experience or anything, and, how it had to be, I often forget about actually important things I should know. :P
    Such as what buttons I have to press in order to bake buns with our microwave, I forgot them once and ended up burning them and covering the entire kitchen in smoke! >.<

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm fairly certain I'm going to be one of those people who gets Alzheimer's or Dementia in their older age due to how awful my memory already is - and I'm young still!

I couldn't tell you for sure if it's caused by ADD or if I'm just scatterbrained, or... something along those lines.
    My memory is only useful when it comes to remembering completely useless things.

Other than that, I couldn't tell you the birthdays of my parents for heaven's sake! I have to be reminded all the time because I'll just keep forgetting.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Whether I like it or not, I remember nearly everything. Anything that ever held substance in my mind will be with me 'til the day I die. With the things I don't like or regret I'm rather forced to come to terms with them as burying them in my amygdala doesn't work very well; a lot of the stupid things I've done in life still lurk around and every so often will come at me all at once. >_<

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I tend to remember things that don't matter and never remember things that do matter (like answers for a test but I am pretty good at remembering birthdays and other menial things).

Years
    Whether I like it or not, I remember nearly everything. Anything that ever held substance in my mind will be with me 'til the day I die. With the things I don't like or regret I'm rather forced to come to terms with them as burying them in my amygdala doesn't work very well; a lot of the stupid things I've done in life still lurk around and every so often will come at me all at once. >_<

This happens to me as well - I call it an episode of extreme self-consciousness. They don't really happen in front of someone, rather usually while alone or even after some social interaction. Treatment: best to just take note of the feelings of embarrassment and let them pass in solitude. Prevention: try not to overthink things too much.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I only remember the bad things and things that hurt me. Give me something important or good to try to remember and it's instantly gone.

Years
    I definitely remember things that wouldn't be useful for life, but are useful entertainment-wise, such as boss's patterns in a video game or how a villain was defeated in an anime and so on. As for things that are useful for life, well... I've found that I remember subjects that interest me, like various grammar rules and theories used for analyzing literature (such as feminist criticism theory or postcolonial criticism theory). As for anything else, well... It's a lot easier for me to remember something if I can picture it visually, but even visual images like people's faces I have a hard time remembering. It all depends on how interested I am in the subject/thing.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I think I have a good memory. I can remember conversations really well. Whole conversations, toss aways bits you wouldn't normally remember. I also remember my early childhood years surprisingly well. I can retain material while studying well too.

None of it seems particularly important in the long run though

Years
    I have a hard time remembering things that actually important, especially from textbooks ;; I need to be hands-on in terms of academics to actually contain the information. But in general, I'm a forgetful person from time-to-time XP

Years
    I honestly don't even feel like studying for the next three exams. I just want this dreaded semester to be over with and I don't want to have to deal with any schoolwork for another week or so.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I just had my last full day of school today, since the last three days this week I'm either getting out early, going in late, or both (on Thursday), which is a rather convenient finale to this wacky schedule of mine. From tomorrow on I'll have time to talk to Khilia (which hasn't been happening enough lately) and with the summer I think I'll be able to break out my new hack that I've been working on for the past few weeks.

I could give less than a damn about my finals, as I'm going to have no problem acing them since this semester I've paid attention to the material in my cores. Also Biology is sitting at a lowly 14% so I can already take that I'm going to be doing some makeup courses. I know I'll ace the class's final regardless and isn't that just sad lmao

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I don't have to take any finals since all of my work is done in packets because I'm a bad kid. I only have 1.3 credits left to earn before I can graduate and our last day is June the 4th. And then I can go and get a job and start getting ready for college and make sure I stop being a dummy and release my full potential instead of half assing everything I do to get B and C grades.

Years
    I remember senior year of high school, I was exempt from all second semester finals, and the last day was Monday May 20th (last year). I graduated two weeks after that. It's a shame though, because back in the day, exam exemptions were more of a thing for all students and not just seniors from what my brother told me (he went to the same high school as me 10 years prior), and from what older teachers have told me as well.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    We're having a going away party or something at the Youth Boys and Girls club and any student that goes to it will get like a random gift basket that will probably have like candy and a card or something in it and a bar of soap. And then all students that come to it will get a $50 prepaid visa which is pretty awesome. I won't be able to walk for our graduation though which is kinda upsetting, but I'll be on vacation so it's not too bad. Graduation is on June 13 and I'm leaving June 10.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back