• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite food

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Title says it all, what food you just can't stand?

I eat everything: from all fruits, vegetables and desserts to innards. There are some things I don't eat out of morals/principle, but the only 2 things I really dislike are any type of boiled skin (be it pork or chicken) and rice cakes. I find rice cakes to be absolutely atrocious, from its Styrofoam-y texture that makes me shiver when I chew on it to its cardboard like taste. I can barely swallow it without feeling like I'll throw up.
    Boiled skin on the other hand I can't swallow at all. I don't dislike the taste, but it just triggers my throw up reflex and I can't get it down my throat no matter what. I had no problem with this as a kid, I remember really enjoying chicken feet (including the skin) when my grandma would make chicken soup.

Years
  • I'm a very picky eater but a few foods I won't eat off the top of my head would be pumpkin, tomato, cheese, avocado and kiwi.

Years
    • Seen today
    Cornbread. I ate it at Thanksgiving and was sick all night.

Now just the smell of it makes me queasy.

Years
  • Bell peppers, mushrooms, olives, liver.

Ranked from least to most objectionable. I might eat a bell pepper or a mushroom, depending on what type they are and what they're in....the other two I refuse to touch. I have tried them and I cannot stand them whatsoever.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I ate too much spaghetti when I was younger and started hating it :( Became one of my least favourite foods very quickly, the thought of eating it makes me feel ill. That's the most random one out of the foods I dislike? I'm also not a big fan of mint by itself, black liquorice and bitter melon.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Onions, grapefruit, tomatoes, olives, black licorice, chili, and cinnamon hearts/any sort of spicy candy.

Even the scent of cinnamon hearts makes me nauseous. They're the antithesis of my existence. I despise them more than you could imagine.

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • sweet potato, coleslaw, bacon, ham and most other pork products, grits, onions, strawberries, raspberries, oranges and most citrus besides lemons and limes, licorice, hot peppers, hot sauce, spicy food, sausage, pizza, peppermints, hushpuppies, cottage cheese, all types of teas (not a food but still), popcorn chicken, and any food that has a lumpy texture.

Years
  • I am vegan so there are many types of food I no longer eat. Most of which I do actually like the taste, but then again some is greasy garbage anyway. Anything greasy I won't touch, nevermind put in my mouth.

Otherwise I'll eat most food. To be honest this lifestyle change has given me new appreciation of food I thought I wasn't so keen on. Like leeks. Leeks used to make me gag a little. But I am Scottish so raised a salad dodger.

pkmin3033

Fish. I literally cannot be in the same room as fish of any kind.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    sweet potato, coleslaw, bacon, ham and most other pork products, grits, onions, strawberries, raspberries, oranges and most citrus besides lemons and limes, licorice, hot peppers, hot sauce, spicy food, sausage, pizza, peppermints, hushpuppies, cottage cheese, all types of teas (not a food but still), popcorn chicken, and any food that has a lumpy texture.

so just

food

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Anything orange, except maybe carrots. Orange fruit, especially. But, for the most part, if something is orange, I just can't eat it.

Years
  • Even when I ate meat I was never crazy about having it served deep fried. Even though I am a southern belle I don't miss southern fried chicken or fried fish. It's crunchy, greasy and seems just so heavy to try to scoff down like something I might choke on, especially because bones are harder to detect through all that batter.

Any kind of offal meat however is absolutely vile. It was ghastly to visit elderly relatives living in the country who would eat pickled pig feet, boil up a pot of chitterlings, stew ox tails or serve tripe for dinner. The stink of it would make me want to faint entering a house. Like I said I'm a vegetarian, but even if I was still a meat-eatter I wouldn't eat organ meat unless you paid me significantly with discussions about my compensation opening with not a penny less than 100,000 dollars. The only other scenario where I could conceivably eat that is if I was on the brink of starvation in some post-apocalyptic world, and I would probably still throw up doing so.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Fruit salads. I can eat fruit alone (except watermelon, fuck watermelon), but the texture and flavor mix make me nauseous.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    cucumber, avocado, cold egg, and anything meaty in texture or taste. i dislike anything that has mayo in it, too (´~ヾ )

SusieSue

Grass Type only
    Years
  • sweet potato, coleslaw, bacon, ham and most other pork products, grits, onions, strawberries, raspberries, oranges and most citrus besides lemons and limes, licorice, hot peppers, hot sauce, spicy food, sausage, pizza, peppermints, hushpuppies, cottage cheese, all types of teas (not a food but still), popcorn chicken, and any food that has a lumpy texture.

Ouch. I can understand sweet potato, peppermints and even berries, but pizza or teas? Weird. Maybe you haven't tried good pizza, something as mentioned here, but with your taste, you may even like pineapple or tomato pizza (any vegan pizza fits here actually). By the way, you could also tell us about your cooking skills because properly prepared food can hide the taste of products you don't like.

Last edited:
    Back