• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

let's talk pc dating

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
Years
  • I am not really attracted to real people, but if there was one person I would date, it would be someone called Azura. I haven't met them, as they live in Italy. They like Fire Emblem a lot, like me, and also like a lot of other things. If we met IRL, that probably would end that, though.

Years
  • even if I wasn't in a long term relationship at the moment, no, I don't think I could do a long distance / online relationship. I don't have any plans of packing up and making a massive move, and I wouldn't want someone to do that for me again, either. For me, if neither party plans on relocating, then there's just not much point to pursuing a relationship.

I did date a few people through forums in my teenage years, though. Even got catfished through Tumblr when I was like nineteen LMAO. I met a guy on a dating app in my early 20s who only lived 3 hours away, and we dated for a year long distance. I hated it - I don't like driving that far, and sometimes it feels good to just come home to your significant other. Once he finally moved up here, I realized that I wasn't as in love with him as I was with the thought of being with him. He was just a really different person over text message/IM versus IRL. We wound up dating for another 10 months after he moved up here, but we eventually went our separate ways.

With my current relationship, we lived an hour apart for a long time, and even that felt kind of like a long distance relationship because we worked literal opposite schedules (Me: 8AM - 5PM ; Him: 4PM - 11PM). We eventually wound up accidentally living together and it just kinda worked out lol

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • Especially considering many people on this website live in the United States, Britain, or countries other than my own. I would want to physically be with someone who I had a romantic relationship with and not being able to be with the person whom you love would be torturous. I would perhaps do long-distance if the individual lived in the same province and would be willing to meet up, perhaps every few weeks or so.

This actually sums up what I was thinking of answering, thank goodness someone else wrote it out...

While it wouldn't be something I would be opposed to perseh and as the saying goes never say never? I just have this feeling that other, more eligible bach's would be ideal for others. :P

Also, #Cdn4Life

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I've tried it before and it wasn't for me. The main issues are the distance and time difference. If the time difference is too big, it's a hassle to work around. And I hate the distance. I'd rather date someone I can be with physically.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • tbh, I've never dated before and I don't see myself dating in the foreseeable future just because I'm not for relationships. Therefore, I wouldn't consider dating someone on PC.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I think it's very cute seeing LDR relationships work out but they're not for me personally. One of my best friends from PC has been together with his BF who he met here and has been dating for ages (like 6 or 7 years)? Which I thought was incredible. (Hi if you ever end up reading this :D) They have lived together for a long time but I'm still impressed with how they navigated all of that.

I prefer to date someone that I've been able to get to know and see in-person regularly. I feel like I'd have trouble not romanticising a person in my head and I don't want to have unrealistic expectations when we meet up. I'm also quite different in person than I am online and I wouldn't want to let someone else down if they found that out years down the line. Plus it'd make me sad if we lived very faraway and couldn't go on dates physically semi-regularly - there's only so many times you can have a date over video call you feel. :( I also just don't ever like people that way online a lot of the time.

That being said, I'm fine with being friends with someone exclusively online but it's very different when it comes to someone I want to be with. Who knows though, I think if it's the right person I'd try my hardest to make the effort for them but I can't see it right now. I'd also possibly be more open to it if the distance is somewhat close (like within the same country) or we'd both be willing to move and it's practical. Maybe I am too young to really know though and I'll change my mind.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I /use/ to have relationships with a few members here years ago. I stopped once I found a pretty much long relationship with someone somewhere else.

Nothing wrong about long distance relationships, but I wouldn't do it now. It's just not the same for me and it would be hard on the other person, if I go inactive here again. It gets too complicated. I'm not the best at coming online around the time the other would either (due to different timezones).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Been there, done that, not opposed to it happening again. But I'm not as 'desperate' to find a match as I was back then, at least.

Years
  • nothing wrong with pc dating; if there's a connection (which would be hard enough initially considering the online circumstances) and they can make it work then really why not? but that's gonna take a lot of effort and sometimes online versions of people are different from their rl selves. then again love's always a gamble

rn i wouldn't consider it though.

Years
  • I have tried long distance internet dateing 14 years back though it ended badly. Not by my or her fault but fr another matter entirely. But we remained friends but lost touch till a few years back. It can both be rewarding and heartbreaking. Would I recomend it? Wouldint do any harm for the person asking to look into it first and see if its for them or not

Years
  • I mean I could be open to it nowadays if flexibility is a thing for both parties, but if you had asked me this question 6 years ago I would be highly opposed to it.

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
    Years
  • After previous experiences? No. Definitely not.

Although I will say now I have much more experience in the "vetting" process, determining whether someone is worth my time and attention or not. And as I've grown up I've gone through many experiences that give me some knowledge on who to avoid, what red flags to look out for, etc.

Back