• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Slowbro

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • They told him he needs to come out of his shell...he said "forget that" and made a suit of armor out of it! Say hello to our ORAS Mega of the Week, Mega Slowbro!

Mega Slowbro
    Mega Slowbro

Mega Slowbro's energy has gathered in the Shellder clamped onto its tail. As a result, the hardness of its shell is boosted, making an armor so hard that nothing and no one can scratch it. When Mega Slowbro battles, it stands up on its tail. It can move by bouncing along, using its tail as a spring.

After Mega Evolving, its Shell Armor Ability means that opponents' attacks will never land a critical hit. In terms of stats, its previously high Defense jumps still more, and its Sp. Attack also increases, making Mega Slowbro a great Pokémon for long, sticky battles that require endurance.

Questions!

What do you think of Mega Slowbro? Do you like it more or less than its non-mega forme? How do you feel about its design? Do you expect that Slowking will get a Mega too in the near future? Have you used it on your in-game team at all? Do you have any other thoughts to share?

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Mega Slowbro.. such a bulky pokemon. Like, really, really bulky. It has really awesome defense, and it's really great as a Calm Mind user, aah. I think it's a great pokemon that can wipe out unprepared teams, although, I don't really use it that often.

I hope Mega-Slowking gets an Mega evo too, indeed! <33

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    What to say about Mega Slowbro? Well... I think its design looks a little strange and maybe something else should've been added to it. That's just me though. I've used it in some of my online battles and it's not really a Pokémon I would use in in-game battles. I do hope one day Slowking will get the chance to mega evolve. I'm curious about how it would look. Overall Mega Slowbro is a decent Pokémon to have around.

Years
  • What do you think of Mega Slowbro?
    Slowbro is a great Pokémon I personally love.

Do you like it more or less than its non-mega forme?
    I like the way without Mega-Evolved has stupid face and I like that.
    Even if gay pink skin: v

How do you feel about its design?
    Not bad this great design created.

Do you expect that Mega Slowking will get a Mega too in the near future?
    mmmm naaa xD

Have you used it on your in-game team at all?
    Yes...

Do you have any other thoughts to share?
    No

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I have to admit it took me a bit to warm up to the design haha. I do like it though! My first thought when seeing it was "how does it move?" but apparently it bounces on its tail according to its description, so at least they accounted for it!

I haven't used it too much in battle, competitive or otherwise, but personally, this is one of those Pokemon I'd rather use in non-mega form. I mean, that defensive boost is amazing, but I'd rather have Regenerator and access to leftovers. But then again, maybe I'll give Mega Bro a try one of these days...I'm sure that defensive boost is a big asset to any team!

I'm really hoping Slowking gets a Mega. It's a great Poke and it'd be really cool to see what kind of Mega it got. Maybe Slowking could go more in the special offensive direction where Slowbro was more defensive :)

Years
  • Mega Slowking should be almost consumed with only it's feet visible. The shell would have life of it's own and guide the blind Slowking.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Super Fun idea, and awesome battle stats. Makes all the good things about Slowbro Better - even his meme factor.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • At first I didn't like the ability, but upon realising you can stack CM and with such a great Def stat it's all over if you get a change to set up. Haven't used one myself, but it's one I really want to try out, just to decimate teams.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I love this guy's mega form because it doesn't make him look like a badass like all of the other megas. Even Audino's mega form can be seen as menacing, whereas this guy just looks derpy. The first time I saw this I spit out my water I thought it looked strange, but hilarious! Another reason I love this guy is that he's seen as one of the most underrated Pokemon in the series. For crying out loud, this guy can do well in the OU tier! He's bulky as hell, and if you give him Calm Mind with a STAB move like scald this guy can sweep entire teams. The slowbros have always been one of my favorite Pokemon since gen. 1. They don't care about anything, and are so chill all of the time. I don't think they we will ever see a mega Slowking because the awesomeness of the mega evolution would put that one to shame.

Years
  • What I love about this Mega is that it's adorable, yet many just want to laugh at it... until you realize that once it starts buffing its special stats with Calm Mind, it can potentially wipe out an entire team. Its high Defense makes it laugh at physical attacks, and not even a crit can stop it once it's Calm Mind boosted and then rips your whole team with its versatile movepool.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2018
    Since my comment came out much longer than I expected and it's not even this useful since I don't have a real experience with Mega-Slowbro, I'll put it under Spoiler.

Spoiler:

In conclusion, I don't think it's too bad of a Mega-Form and can be really helpful for just playing the game(s), while I'm wondering if its competitive super-power is real or it just comes out of the original Slowbro being so underrated (to me). In any case, I hoped for something more and I doubt I'd use it much.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i've never used mega slowbro before. i was thinking about him maybe if i redid my trick room team he would be great.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Mega Slowbro is the embodiment of Mega Evolution. It takes the next natural step, with no compromises whatsoever. Is the design completely daft? Absolutely. But that is the charm about it, daft Pokemon deserve to become more daft. I love it.

Years
  • I'm not keen to be honest, but then I'm only really a fan of Slowpoke anyways. But as it got one I think Slowking should've gotten one too, perhaps version exclusives.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'm not keen to be honest, but then I'm only really a fan of Slowpoke anyways. But as it got one I think Slowking should've gotten one too, perhaps version exclusives.

That would have been pretty cool to get one in OR and one in AS, but we're probably going to be getting one at some point in the future :) Just looking at the general pattern of "pairs" getting megas, Gallade got one in OR/AS after Gardevoir got one in X/Y, Sableye got one in OR/AS after Mawile got one in X/Y, so it seems totally not outside the realm of possibility that we'll get Mega Slowking in the future :)

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
  • I wasn't much of a fan of the Slowpoke family's design to begin with, and Mega Slowbro isn't an exception...it just looks so...dopey and awkward to me >.>

Design aside, it is a pretty statistically impressive Mega. Few Pokémon can beat its Defense boost, and that little extra Special Attack is nice as well. Like you said Sopheria, it could use a better ability, but either way, it's an overall pretty darn good Mega. I can't get over that design, and I honestly probably won't use this thing myself, but I'm happy for the people who like this line because they got to see Game Freak give it this kind of love. :)

Back