• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

million dollar question

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    is my title a pun? who knows :^)

er, i am pretty sure a thread was made like this a while ago, i can't remember..my memory is terrible these days. so! the million dollar question.

if you were given a million dollars (don't question where it came from, just..ya got a million dollars ok), what would you do with it? why?

for me, i would either: A) Go on a road trip with my best friend/wife, or B) Go to London and sight see. Or..just a lot of Britain/England and sight see and whatnot.

what would you do? :3

Years
    Pay off all my current debt, buy a house to rent out, and sock the rest of it away in normal savings & checking accounts (for quick access in a pinch), investments, high interest savings accounts, and retirement funds. And then maybe evaluate starting my own business.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Probably after paying off debt, I might give some to family in Jamaica, because they're supposedly not doing well. x_x I would also maybe move into a better house, get a car, and save the rest for a rainy day, when the time comes? That means video games, most likely. >> Hah.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    million dollar question

Years
    I would buy an amazing house and car, then a Macbook, smart TV etc and just save the rest for my adult life when I actually need a significant amount of money.

User19sq

Hire a dev team to develop my video-game idea, rake in the profits, and repeat, cuz I like working with my creativity. X3

Years
    Pay off my mom's bills, get her a new house, get myself a new house in Tokyo, buy myself so many manga it becomes a suffocation threat, and use the remainder for travelling.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    probably start off by buying all the albums i miss from my fav artists, them move on to paying for singing lessons for myself, then give some money to my parents to buy whatever they wanted or needed. then probably save the rest to go travelling in the future or smth.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Ok where do yall live if you can buy a decent house for under a million dollars and still have a substantial amount of money left over lol
    Unless it's like a really tiny studio, you can't even get a nice apartment here for that kind of money, especially if it's in a desirable location like Downtown or near my uni

That said, I would still try to buy an average apartment in a decent location and just rent it out, because rent is equally ridiculous and the price of the apartment will likely continue to rise, so it would be a good investment. Although they say 2017 is the year the housing market will finally crash, buut they say that all the time and it never happens, so I don't know.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    1. Move out to a new property with good transport / standard of living
    2. Have Fibre internet in said property i.e. Hyperoptic 1GBps
    3. Save a portion in savings / invest a bit in shares
    4. Obligatory 'send fund to parents'

My fictional wish-list in an ideal world

Back