• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Neighbors

Years
  • Do you have good neighbors, bad ones, mysterious ones you never see, nosy ones? What are the people next door like?

On my block people are basically okay. Mostly we keep to ourselves, but i do know their names, and if something happens like the mail gets delivered to the wrong house we will phone to let them know that their package or letter is here, or take it to them. We wave if we see each other, but don't talk that much. One man across the street from me seems like a very polite and nice gentleman, who gave out turkeys on Thanksgiving. I don't eat meat, but i appreciate the thought still.

It seems like a relatively safe neighborhood, you see people walking their dogs, and there is a church literally right across the street. Kids also used to Trick-or-Treat on my street during Halloween, though since the pandemic that's less of thing. There are some girls scouts from the house on the left though who come by selling cookies and doing other fundraisers.

We have one not so nice house of neighbors though on the right. Since they have moved in they have burnt things in the yard, played loud music, let their dogs run lose and crap in front of other's houses, chased the mailman and cars. Some of this has chilled because i think they have received fines and city warnings, but their dogs still bark a lot and it's starting to make one of my dogs scared of other dogs. I also wish the neigbors wouldn't leave so much junk in their front yard, old food wrappers, bottles etc. They're not the most conscientious bunch.

How is it in on your street?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I... eh. They're alright, I guess. I don't talk to my neighbors. I know for a fact my downstairs neighbor hates me, though. One time, she threw my brother's package in a bush.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I live in a generally friendly and safe neighborhood. My 3 neighbors (next door right, next door left, and opposite my backyard) are nice enough to give me my mail if the mail was mistakenly mixed up. My neighbors will occasionally wave and/or strike up a brief conversation with me. For 2 out of my 3 neighbors with dogs, we try to be respectful of when our dogs are outside. Our dogs do not get along unfortunately. That is the only issue I have with my neighbors so nothing to really complain about. I am so glad not to have neighbors upstairs anymore. The constant stomping from above would drive me crazy when I used to live in an apartment complex. My home and neighborhood are blissful. It's really pretty around Christmas time, too. The whole neighborhood will decorate with Christmas lights.

Years
  • On friendly terms with the people living directly next to us.
    On the opposite side of the street we're on friendly terms with one of the neighbors and the other ones I've almost never even seen tbh.
    The latter is pretty annoying on NYE as one of them is a fireworks dealer who generally sets off a lot of unsold firework for hours on end.

Years
  • We've only spoken with our neighbors once or twice in passing and don't know much about them other than them having, I believe, a small dog (which I have literally never heard in my life despite living in the nearby apartment). As for neighbors at my parents' house.. attached (it's a duplex home) we have a nice family who are very quiet usually and are friends with my parents. But the house behind ours has loud people that were super annoying for me when I still lived at home, oh my god. They have so many children that scream and run around and the parents are so bad at watching them that they've gotten into a few accidents where an ambulance had to be called a few times.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Eh it's a tradition here to be friendly with the neighbours. I for one don't talk to them but my grandmother and mother regularly trade spices, dishes, pickles and any cooked stuff with them

We have the stuff they cooked, they have the stuff we cook, and return the utensils.

Of my neighbours, I befriended one dude who's moved out for college

All of this is at home.

At college...
    (I myself am away from home). My neighbours here are my classmates, so it's alright.

Years
  • I don't talk to my neighbors.

When I was little I used to play with the neighbor kids riding my bike on the sidewalk with them and once in a while they would invite me and my sister over to their house.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    our next door neighbors have a cat who is deaf and extremely cute so we bonded over our cats hissing at each other through the balcony fence. i also discovered that one of the humans work at my optician so hey that was fun. they have also heard some guy above us singing loudly apparently.

it's not really common to interact with your neighbors in apartment buildings here. it was very different in the countryside village where I grew up, where everybody knew everybody and the kids could practically walk around home to whomever in the neighborhood because everyone was trusted. countryside life is different from citylife.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i live in a relatively large multistory apartment building in the city. i don't really like the neighborhood. the crime is pretty bad. sirens all night, i've heard people screaming outside my window, my car was broken into recently etc. a lot of people keep to themselves around here, which i don't mind, i'm also a private person.

i really don't like my neighbors. i live at the end of the hallway in my building. there's a neighbor adjacent to my apartment and then a neighbor across the hall. the neighbor adjacent is an older lady who is VERY loud. she has loud, boisterous conversations on the phone, blasts music when she showers and sings very poorly along to it, and she cackles like a witch. the neighbors across the hall are a couple that have a large german shepherd looking dog that barks loudly at everything. they've recently started to do things like play trumpet and piano at midnight. they also slam their doors constantly.

i've only spoke with the older lady and she gave me weird vibes. i was taking my garbage and recycling out and was trying to adjust the bags in my hands while standing outside my apartment door. she opened hers and stared out at me and accused me of trying to "break into her apartment" ??? i had no idea what she was on about. i told her i was just taking my garbage out and apologized for making a lot of noise. she went back into her apartment after that. it was bizarre.

i don't know anyone else in the building, but a vast majority of people here seem rude or untrustworthy. lots of stolen mail and packages. i've had laundry of mine stolen twice from the laundry room in the basement (a bunch of nice bath towels and a pair of 20 dollar thigh high socks :( ). arguments about parking spaces and who parks where... etc.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • My neighborhood is pretty interesting. My neighborhood in particular is mostly popular with college students because of its affordability compared to the rest of the state. It is also popular with the elderly, I guess, because the area mostly quiet, mainly during the weekdays at least in my area. I have student neighbors across from me that party almost every weekend, especially during the warmer seasons. They drink, play their music, barbeque, smoke weed, and party throughout the night. Based on how I described that, it might sound like they're the worst neighbors ever, but believe it or not, they're not. Somehow, the music isn't terribly loud, and their partying is never at a level that disturbs the peace. It doesn't bother me or my roommate, and we even join them sometimes and take plates of food home. I'm not always the boring, studious type that is always studying and playing Pokémon all day. I enjoy a great party at times myself too. 😎 Our neighbors on the other side are an elderly couple. They are very sweet and respectful. The elderly gentleman often goes outside to walk his small dog. I'm not sure what kind it is, but it's cute and gets along with my own dog, Pepper, a Shih Tzu, whenever we run into each other walking our dogs.

My neighbor that lives right next to me is an older lady in her mid-50s who cooks and sells food out of her house. She also likes to cook for our area's local soup kitchen on the weekends. Sometimes, she would go door-to-door to ask if we were hungry and give us free food that she cooked. She is lovely. Our neighborhood also has three mechanics, one of whom owns a local shop in the area. Whenever I'm having car issues, I like taking my car to Meineke, which is a car repair company, and taking advantage of their free diagnostic service. When I find out what's wrong with it and tell them not to repair it, I take it to one of the neighborhood mechanics so they can fix it for much cheaper than what Meineke charged. One cool thing is that one of the mechanics in the area that I let fix my car when it has issues is a woman who was a mechanic in the Army. She is a great woman who does great work for very reasonable prices. Other neighbors are actually relatives of mine, mainly a few cousins, my aunt, and uncles. My uncle keeps the grass and hedges trimmed for us, and my aunt has the most beautiful garden in the entire neighborhood. She also grows her own food in her garden, which is awesome.

However, I do have some "bad" neighbors, but I can't really blame them. They are mentally ill. One is a lady in her 40s and an older man that is 60. Sometimes the lady doesn't take her medication, and she can be found dancing in front of cars in the street. Thankfully, the street isn't busy at all, just a residential street, but it can be annoying for drivers at times. The guy, on the other hand, can be annoying, as he would sometimes knock on people's doors at night, asking for help. Unlike the lady, I don't think he takes his meds, but he isn't on the streets as often as the lady, thankfully. Other than that, I love my neighborhood. One of the main reasons I picked North Carolina for school was not only because I have a lot of family here but also because of the southern hospitality I often heard about. To my surprise, I learned that southern hospitality is definitely real, and I love it. It seems that a lot of people here are much nicer than those in New York, even though I love my hometown to death.

Years
  • Some folks at the end of the street are having some kind of get-together, and making a lot of noise tonight. I hear men laughing maniacally, they sound so drunk. The music is cranking up and it seems to be some kind of karaoke party. All the singing, cackling and hollering and is annoying, I can hear every word of conversations I would rather not several houses away as they shout on the lawn. I have already been feeling constantly tired and out of energy and motivation every day, and am not getting enough sleep, this is the last thing I need at 11:00 o'clock at night right now.

Years
  • Some folks at the end of the street are having some kind of get-together, and making a lot of noise tonight. I hear men laughing maniacally, they sound so drunk. The music is cranking up and it seems to be some kind of karaoke party. All the singing, cackling and hollering and is annoying, I can hear every word of conversations I would rather not several houses away as they shout on the lawn. I have already been feeling constantly tired and out of energy and motivation every day, and am not getting enough sleep, this is the last thing I need at 11:00 o'clock at night right now.

I'm sorry to hear about that!
    We called the police on one set of neighbors for domestic violence. The guy ran from the police and then two separate instances of the US Marshals came out to tell him that there was a notice of his arrest. SOMEHOW, the guy still lives there and there hasn't been an issue since?! So I never feel bad about being too loud of a neighbor as a result, haha. We do keep our door and cars locked at night.

Back