• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New trailer is out!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Lechonk, that's it. Well aside from that, pretty sure the concept is about Past vs Future, which is interesting.

Years
  • I really don't like the cartoonish style. I like the idea of different Professors and I love the Legendaries. If it's true that Co-op game is possible, then it's a very great and cool idea. Mechanic will be the real surprise, I guess because we had only a short teaser in the end.

Years
  • I really don't like the cartoonish style. I like the idea of different Professors and I love the Legendaries. If it's true that Co-op game is possible, then it's a very great and cool idea. Mechanic will be the real surprise, I guess because we had only a short teaser in the end.

I really hope you'll adjust to the new art style! Do agree it's a little different, but maybe you'll warm up to it. I feel like the player characters took the hardest hit with the new style and look worse than (almost?) all the other characters shown here.

Years
  • New Pokémon looks nice. I especially like Smoliv.

I think the theme of past and future might be interesting, especially if it means there will be bigger difference between both versions.

I have a bad feeling that Nemora will become as flat as Hau, Hop, Leon and most of the new characters and each encounter with her will be all about her being proud of how strong you are and how bad she is at throwing Poké Balls.

Years
  • I really hope you'll adjust to the new art style! Do agree it's a little different, but maybe you'll warm up to it. I feel like the player characters took the hardest hit with the new style and look worse than (almost?) all the other characters shown here.

Exactly! I agree with that! It's mainly that, but also how pokemon look, from what I have seen. I like the new Professors, I don't really like the rival. Maybe having skipped BDSP had a consequence to adjusting to this new style lol

Years
    • Online now
    Pawmi looks very cute, and Koraidon and Miraidon look very cool. Smoliv and Lechonk, on the other hand, don't do much for me. Hopefully, they'll get cool evolutions.

Hey, a different professor for each game? For now, I'm leaning towards the game with Sada. Or maybe I'll buy both games. Or, even better: I'll buy one game and ask for the other one as a present.

Nemona looks nice too, except for the tie.

Speaking of ties, can we please get an option to remove the tie for our player?

And of course, more Pokemon are returning. Glad to see that Venomoth, Cloyster, Gengar, Ampharos, Salamence, Talonflame, Lurantis, and Coalossal will return. Nice to see Toxapex and Drednaw back too. As for Cryogonal, I wish I could swap that one for Lapras or Sigilyph or something.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I'm sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but this is the first time in ages that I haven't felt particularly hyped for a new Pokémon game. I still can't grow used to the new art style; it's way too uncanny valley for me. As much as I like the idea of different professors and a main female rival, I don't like any of the new characters either. (Come on... Sada and Turo? Those names just scream "actual Big Bad of the game." And while I do know her name probably derives from "anemone," I can't help but think Nemona is a reference to Captain Nemo.) Even the new Pokémon, especially the Legendaries, look somewhat un-Pokémon-ish, and that's saying something.

Look, I get that Game Freak is trying to shake things up. I really appreciate it, because it shows they care about what their fanbase says. In my opinion, however, they still have to find a way to innovate without losing their spirit - and quick. They are beginning to stray away too far from what gives Pokémon its distinctive charm, and if they keep going this way, then I fear the franchise will be no different from other monster-catching series.

Well... at least there's still Fuecoco looking super cute. I also can't believe they named that new pig Mon "Lechonk." It's hilarious.

EDIT: Wait, we still don't have the name of the region? That's such a shame!

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    I'm sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but this is the first time in ages that I haven't felt particularly hyped for a new Pokémon game.

Probably because there releasing games left and right.

Years
  • I refuse to listen to criticisms of this game because it'll just bum me out lmao
    I'm not saying that criticisms are invalid, or that people shouldn't criticize the game, just that I, personally, don't want to do so. I don't like wallowing in the Great Marsh of controversies that the internet tends to be.

Years
  • The potential for actual co-op play is nice.

Other than that nothing really caught my interest. The new mons merely look okay to me.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Tauros confirmed?

New trailer is out!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I love that our main rival seems to be female. So I am really glad for that. I love both legendary pokemon.

I am a bit indifferent with the pig and olive. I love Pawmi though. I am really surprised we still do not have the name of the region.

Years
  • In my opinion, however, they still have to find a way to innovate without losing their spirit - and quick. They are beginning to stray away too far from what gives Pokémon its distinctive charm, and if they keep going this way, then I fear the franchise will be no different from other monster-catching series.

no shade or snark intended here, but i'm genuinely curious what you mean by "losing their spirit". in other words, what makes Pokemon, Pokemon to you? what gives Pokemon its charm?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • no shade or snark intended here, but i'm genuinely curious what you mean by "losing their spirit". in other words, what makes Pokemon, Pokemon to you? what gives Pokemon its charm?

No problem explaining it! For one, the art style and direction for the humans (derived from Sugimori's) was very distinctive among monster-catching franchises; even as the series moved to 3D, it still managed to keep the unique cartoony look. Why they changed it to this... generic hyperrealistic, spin-off-like style is beyond me. Second, the monster designs up until Gen 8 had some coherence with one another. I usually have trouble playing fan games with Fakemon because most of the new designs look... off when put side by side with canon Pokémon, and the new Pokémon give me that same vibe. Koraidon and Miraidon would be right at home in Digimon or YGO, but in Pokémon? Not really. It is like they are trying to imitate other franchises instead of refining the look that makes Pokémon unique. And if this is the direction they're going to take with the art style alone, I do fear for the rest.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I find the names Smoliv and Lechonk to be terrible because they're named after internet slang. Why is this the world we've come to for Pokemon names?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I find the names Smoliv and Lechonk to be terrible because they're named after internet slang. Why is this the world we've come to for Pokemon names?

Agree here. It's kind of hilarious, but objectively terrible. It does show that the translators are in touch with current meme culture, but the names will also look heavily dated within a few years. Oops?

Last edited:
    Back