• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Direct discussion

Years

• The mini is out! Some pretty good stuff here. Personal hightlights:

- Megaman Battle Network ports!! These games were my childhood and I'm so happy to play them again!
    - Harvestella looks really pretty, interested in owning this one eventually.
    - Persona 3, 4, and 5 are finally coming to Switch jeez
    - Nier ports :O

Years
  • I am not much of a gamer, so I haven't played most of the games. I m really happy and so looking forward to playing Nier Automata, because I really love the aesthetics and it always intrigued me but I have never had the chance to play it. I am also very curious of the Persona games as well!

Anyway, that was a pretty good Direct imo!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Who knows? I might just be able to play Persona 4 after all. Already played 3 and 5 but I didn't have a way to play 4. I do have to wonder why they don't bring Persona 1 and 2 to modern systems, as well...

Years
    • Seen today
    Persona ports are nice. Personally was hoping for more news about the next Mario Kart 8 DLC wave.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Was pleasantly surprised by Harvestella. Plans to keep an eye on that.

Appreciates Monkey Island also coming to Switch.

Ought to try the Live a Live demo. Heard good things about it, although no more than that.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • I am super excited for the Battle Network ports! I already own most of the games already, but I welcome the ability for people to play the game. The barrier to entry for some older games is mind boggling.

I was surprised about Persona coming to Switch, I've... played through half of 4 but for the most part I've stuck to playing mainline SMT games. I will consider buying them, but we'll need to see. Also 1 and 2 not getting any love sadly.

Looking forward to Live a Live, the game seems really cool and I've poked about some of the original gameplay to have a gander at what I can expect in the remake. I will get around to playing the demo eventually.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I agree with some of the comments here that the Megaman Battle Network collection stole the show for me personally.
    All the legacy collections have been great, now there's even talk of a Legends collection, we're approaching having collections of all classic Megaman games!
    Either way, looking forward to playing Battle Network on the switch!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Can't wait for Nier in particular. I enjoyed the PS4 version and I'm curious to see how it'll perform on the Switch.

Who knows? I might just be able to play Persona 4 after all. Already played 3 and 5 but I didn't have a way to play 4. I do have to wonder why they don't bring Persona 1 and 2 to modern systems, as well...
    Yeah you'd think being the 25th Anniversary Atlus might experiment with bringing Persona 1/2 to the 3/4/5 audience. Both parts of P2 would also be much more accessible outside of Japan (iirc IS and EP are region-locked to different regions).

Years
  • Bunch of stuff announced in today's direct! Highlights:

• Fire Emblem Engage (new mainline game)
    • Pikmin 4
    • Some old school games coming to NSE Pass, including Stadium and Stadium 2
    • Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line
    • Goldeneye 007 with online play
    • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
    • Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe

Summary so far here. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

ALERT its happening BOTW2 is here! So excited definitely getting it on launch!

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • Kirbo's Return to Dream Land is a great Wii title and i've never played it before, so it should be interesting to see how well they port it over. Unfortunately, this is Nofriendo we're talking about here, so i expect it to be, well, less than stellar.

Also, i love how they're adding old titles to desperately get people to buy the unneccesary expansion that they should have included in the base Swiiws Online to begin with.

Hooray for the Pikmin fans, though, you finally get a mainline Pikmin game! And a Pokemon Go ripoff! I don't like to be so negative, but most Swiiws games are usually very unfinished and they shove stuff into DLC that should be in the main game already. Oh, and they charge $60 for EACH GAME.

Years
  • Not much I'm super interested in from the Direct, honestly. But I am really hyped for Engage. Three Houses is so far the only Fire Emblem game I've played, but it quickly became one of my favourite games, period. So I'm eager to see what Engage brings to the table.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I didn't see much I care about here as expected. But that's fine I'm sure lots of people were happy so good for them. Except for Hollow Knight fans I guess who are in full depression mode at this point.

There were some things I liked though. Kirby Return to Dreamland is getting ported. Cool I'll replay it why not. Tales of Symphonia as well. Even though I just played the PS3 version. If it comes out on PS4 or PS5 as well I guess I'll be getting it. Again. God dammit. Octopath Traveler 2. So I'm obligated to play it. Oh goodie. All I can do is hope it's better than the first one. Crisis Core Reunion got a date and it's this year. Hell yeah.

Believe it or not... I was legitimately interested in RainCode. It's like a very weird and bizarre fusion between Danganronpa, Ace Attorney, and Persona. I'm not going to say one way or another right now... but I'll keep my eye on it.

Pretty mid for me personally. Clearly just me though.

I feel so sorry for you Hollow Knight fans. I really really do

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Worried about Fire Emblem Engage being a mobile game initially. Was happy to discover it was not. Hopefully spends less time in the base.

Is interested in Rune Factory 3 Special and Harvestella. Seemed really early to mention another Rune Factory in development, given 5's release last Spring. Improve that game first. Will download Harvestella's demo and play it...eventually. Announced a lot of farming/RPGs this Direct.

Noticed Endless Dungeon in there. Recognized some of the elements. Released a similar game, Dungeon of the Endless, a while ago. Switched from a top-down perspective to a closer, isometric one. Does not feel like an upgrade. Might emphasize different gameplay, though.

Years
  • I wasn't up with Nintendo news and leaks, so I had no idea what to expect. I went in with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

Fire Emblem Engage reminded me that I still haven't get and played Three Houses. Engage itself looks great. I don't like the main character's design that much, but I like the gimmick of fusing with/summoning characters from old games.

Pikmin is another game that I always wanted to try, but is fairly low on my priority list. I might jump in with the fourth one.

It was nice to see new Bayonetta 3 gameplay.

Great to see new Fatal Frame. I'm glad the series is catching new wind. I loved playing it on PS1 (not this title, but the first one in the series).

Harvestella and Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE looks cool, I'll give them a try.

Just few days ago, I was thinking about playing some Zelda games and started considering if I wasn't too harsh on BOTW. So I might give the sequel a try.

Didn't really care about the rest, but I feel like there was something for everyone.

Years
  • I'm excited for Fire Emblem, Zelda and Kirby. I'm definitely getting all of these games. Tales of Symphonia looks interesting too, as I haven't played a Tales game before but I'm still unsure if I'm going to get the game because there are already 3 games that I really want.

Fire Emblem Engage looks really interesting with its JJBA-esque gimmick. I love both FE and JJBA, therefore I'm excited for Engage. A lot of people hate the designs of the protagonists, but I actually kind of like them because they remind me of Pepsi. 😆 I'm more interested in the characters that aren't the protagonist, such as Alfred (the guy who looks similar to Dimitri) and this guy:

Spoiler:

As for Zelda and Kirby, I'm excited for them because Zelda and Kirby are some of my favorite Nintendo IPs aside from Pokemon and FE. That's it lol.

Last edited:
    Back