• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ORAS anniversary

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    6. Where did you establish your first ever Secret Base?

To be frank, I wasn't really that interested in making Secret Bases, so the first and only one I had was the default one Aarune gives you upon meeting him in Route 111. If that counts.

Years
    The first bush you find east of Fortree, but I moved it shortly after cause I found a better spot in the tree near the Registeel cave. That whole area just looks amazing at night with the stars reflecting in the water.

Years
    1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out? No, I bought it the week after Black Friday.
    2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other? I choose AlphaSapphire because I like Kyogre as a Legendary better than Groudon.
    3. What did you nickname your starter? I didn't give a nickname.
    4. Did you do the Pokemon Contest when you first got to Slateport? Nope.
    5. Which bike did you choose when you first got to Mauville? The Mach Bike of course.
    6. Where did you establish your first ever Secret Base? My first Secret Base...that'd be in a rock on one of the several Secret Base islands near Slateport.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Just the one where you first encounter Aarune. Haven't really done much with Secret Bases in ORAS....

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Question #7! So, once we get to Route 118, we encounter Steven and Latios/Latias, travel to the Southern Islands, and receive the Mega Bracelet ^^

7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game? (other than Latios/Latias!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game? (other than Latios/Latias!)
    lucario

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

I completely forgot. Most of my team can mega evolve anyway so I just don't remember.

Years

For me it was my Manectric. She was a fighter right from the get-go and was the first one I picked up the Mega Stone for so it was natural I wanted to give her the first shot of Mega Evolution. In fact, I did her first Mega Evolve even before I used it on Latias. Proved to be a great member of the team since.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Route 119. It was nice and secluded. You needed surf, waterfall, and the acrobike to get there.

Sceptile, he was my starter so it was fitting.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years

In my original team, Zorro, my male Swampert was the first to Mega Evolve. Had been with me since the start of the journey, my starter, that's how I planned my first team, all Hoenn team (now it's my double battles team).

Years
    1. Yes, I had it preordered and held at GameStop 3 months prior.
    2. I originally chose Omega Ruby over Alpha Sapphire because Ruby was my first mainstream pokemon game, although I own both now.
    3. Salodragon.
    4. Yes, absolutely, I wasn't going to miss out on any part of the game.
    5. Mach, I didn't like walking/running around.
    6. I think it was in the northern part of the desert, although now it's in one of the sercet places I think. (I focus more on battling than my base)
    7. Sceptile, easy, i wanted to try it out.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Looks like I found this just in time!

1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?

Sure did. I preordered my copy a month prior and serpentined across the four corners of Denver in rush hour traffic to pick it up on the release date.

2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?

I wanted easy access to Thundurus.

3. What did you nickname your starter?

On the first playthrough, I named my Mudkip Swampsong.

4. Did you do the Pokemon Contest when you first got to Slateport?

On the first playthrough I didn't really pay the contests much mind.

However, during my Nuzlocke, I very much wanted to take my Gastrodon to the top of the Beauty Contests, which I rightfully did. Now he is immortalized in the Lilycove Museum :D

5. Which bike did you choose when you first got to Mauville?

I went with the Acro Bike because I liked being able to stump hop up cliffs. Rock Climb was my favorite HM in the DPPt days.

Route 120 in that bush at the first waterfront. Definitely my favorite route in the game, tops 115 in terms of sheer beauty and scenery.

7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game?

XD

It was always going to be Swampert.

PokeGirl24

Houndoom Trainer
    Years
    1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?
    No, Got it a week later.
    2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?
    I chose AS because I played the GBA Ruby version
    3. What did you nickname your starter?
    I nicknamed my starter Mud
    4. Did you do the Pokemon Contest when you first got to Slateport?
    Yes, and I had won the Contest as well
    5. Which bike did you choose when you first got to Mauville?
    I had chosen the Macho bike.
    On Route 111. I love the Desert and sandstorms.
    7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game?It would be my Houndoom.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I'll go ahead and answer the ones I haven't yet answered c:

6. My first ever secret base was established on Route 114 ^^ Meteor Falls is one of my favorite spots in the game, so I thought it'd be a nice spot to put my base in. I love the sandy brown color of the stone in the base :D

7. The first Pokemon I Mega Evolved was, wait for it, Mawile! ^^ One of the things I loved about OR/AS was that we're able to get the Mega Stones before beating the Elite Four.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024

The first Pokémon I Mega Evolved was my starter, Blaziken. c:

Years

My starter, into a Mega Swampert. It was cool having that thing and its gigantic arms in battle, and I remember how it took on Steven's Mega Evolution (after I went through that battle using one team member of mine for each of his) and beat it thanks to Swift Swim and burn damage from Scald.

Back