• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

pkmin3033

What Pokemon game were you most excited for when it was first announced?

Gold and Silver. Pokemon was still massively popular at school then, and magazines had been leaking things through in small, steady trickles. There was also the new anime. It was all so exciting! It's hard not to get swept up in that kind of thing when you're a kid. xD

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Pokemon X and Y had beautiful graphics, and I loved the new 3D models in battling. When the Hoenn remakes were announced, I was very excited to see this region redone with these new features added. Also a bit of nostalgia, as Sapphire was my first Pokemon game.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! Hoenn is my favourite region after all.

Years
  • What Pokemon game were you most excited for when it was first announced?

I actually think Platinum was the game I was first excited for come announcement, given that I loved DP at the time and was eager to see what Platinum would bring. With B2W2, I wasn't too pulled in at first until I "accidentally" watched Marriland's Japanese coverage, and XY and ORAS took me a bit of the hype dying down for me to really get psyched on that note.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What Pokémon game were you most excited for when it was first announced?
    Emerald, without a doubt. I was watching some cartoons on a Saturday morning, if I remember right, and was very intrigued when suddenly they aired a commercial of it; instantly, I've made my decision to buy as soon as the title releases.

blue

gucci
    Years

Surprisingly for me I'd probably say it was X & Y. I think being the first mainstream Pokemon games to be in 3D, the graphics transition was going to be notably different compared to the transition from Gen IV to Gen V. Not only that but with a new generation comes a new Region, Pokemon, characters etc.

Years

Pokemon X and Y. It was very different with previous pokemon games in terms of the graphics and animation which made me very excited to purchase it asap. It's different features (Super Training, Pokemon-amie, PSS) convinced me to try to get back to Pokemon gaming again. Also its 3d effects made me wonder how Nintendo would be able to accomplish this without the 3d glasses... and they made it.

As for the plot, I'm not very particular since most of the Pokemon games that are released are getting monotonous and repetitive.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Heart Gold and Soul Silver! I was so hyped for these games to come out because Gen 2 is my favorite generation. I couldn't wait for the Pokewalker and the following Pokemon. It was glorious!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'd also say HeartGold and SoulSilver. I had kinda taken a break from Pokemon after gen 3. But then when I heard that my favorite Pokemon games ever at the time would be remade, I got really excited. Pulled me right back in, just like that :P

Question of the Day

What's an item you rely heavily on in-game?​

pkmin3033

What's an item you rely heavily on in-game?

Dusk Balls. They make catching irritating things substantially easier. Admittedly, I use more Ultra Balls in a game usually, but when I think about trying to catch an annoying Legendary with an Ultra Ball instead of a Dusk Ball, and all the hours I've wasted on that in earlier games...urrrgh.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I was excited for Gen5 actually also ORAS

Dusk ball, it more reliable ball to use it at night it saves my effort to catch evee from dexnav

Years
  • What Pokémon game were you most excited for when it was first announced?

Black & White for me. I was so intrigued by the "reboot" approach Game Freak were going for, with an entirely original Dex which hasn't been in a main game since 1st Gen. It was also the first new generation that I actively paid attention to the news of (HG/SS was the first I actively kept up with news-wise but it was not a new generation back then) which makes it memorable to me.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

I like to ride my bicycle. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't use Dusk Balls for everything and just settles with Ultra Balls.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • What's an item you rely heavily on in-game?

Boring answer but the Bicycle. Transportation and all that.

Years
  • What's an item you rely heavily on in-game?

Like the others said, the bicycle. It's always my go-to method to getting around areas fast.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • For me, X Accuracy. I can't get through a single battle without using at least 12 of them :P

No but in all seriousness, I rely pretty heavily on Quick Balls and Timer Balls. The first turn I'll throw a Quick Ball at a Pokemon I'm looking to catch. If that doesn't work, I'll just keep trying with Timer Balls. It's tried and tested, so it's become one of my go-to methods for catching Pokemon, especially legendaries :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024

The few max revives available throughout the games have really helped out in bad situations while fighting the E4

Back